• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Best Custom Rom or Aosp Custom Rom for Poco F3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
My favourite is Xiaomi.eu Custom ROM (they are not affiliated with Xiaomi). It's the latest version of MIUI straight from China. I don't like MIUI, but it has Xiaomi's Vibration tweaks, MIUI Dolby, and the MIUI Camera App.

On AOSP ROMs you only get a basic Open Source Camera that can only utilise 12 MP,
Vibration is awful on AOSP, because Xiaomi has made some tweaks in MIUI for it to feel good, even tho the Vibration-motor is very cheap.
Non-existant Dolby Atmos or bad versions of Dolby Atmos, which makes the Loudspeakers sound rather unimpressive.

I dislike MIUI because it's such an heavily modified version of Android, and the UI isn't pleasing me and it has some problems like No Gesture support on 3rd party launchers, however it's the features that I need.

Pick your poison.

• Love
Reactions: khazzey

jefffrom

Oct 19, 2016
My favourite is Xiaomi.eu Custom ROM (they are not affiliated with Xiaomi). It's the latest version of MIUI straight from China. I don't like MIUI, but it has Xiaomi's Vibration tweaks, MIUI Dolby, and the MIUI Camera App.

On AOSP ROMs you only get a basic Open Source Camera that can only utilise 12 MP,
Vibration is awful on AOSP, because Xiaomi has made some tweaks in MIUI for it to feel good, even tho the Vibration-motor is very cheap.
Non-existant Dolby Atmos or bad versions of Dolby Atmos, which makes the Loudspeakers sound rather unimpressive.

I dislike MIUI because it's such an heavily modified version of Android, and the UI isn't pleasing me and it has some problems like No Gesture support on 3rd party launchers, however it's the features that I need.

Pick your poison.
is it passing device certifications /saftynet ?

Revolver

Oct 1, 2013
Santiago
www.twitter.com
If you care about the camera and audio, and want the best experience overall, Xiaomi.eu is the way to go. In fact, MIUI based roms not only have that, but also a blazing fast charge.

However, I don't care much about camera or listening to audio using the phone speakers, and the battery lasts for the entire day, so I can leave it charging with an average charger, so my daily driver is Pixel Experience. Not only the UI (imo) is better than MIUI, but the phone has better performance during games and daily work, and it will be improving in each release.

is it passing device certifications /saftynet ?
Yes Sir
Screenshot_2021-09-24-21-24-08-883_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg

If you care about the camera and audio, and want the best experience overall, Xiaomi.eu is the way to go. In fact, MIUI based roms not only have that, but also a blazing fast charge.

However, I don't care much about camera or listening to audio using the phone speakers, and the battery lasts for the entire day, so I can leave it charging with an average charger, so my daily driver is Pixel Experience. Not only the UI (imo) is better than MIUI, but the phone has better performance during games and daily work, and it will be improving in each release.
Yes I 100% agree with this. I have the same experience with MIUI vs AOSP

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com

Pick your poison.
what specific xiaomi eu rom do you have? weekly rom or stable rom?

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com

im also obsessed in pixel rom too. Having a superlight system rom

what specific xiaomi eu rom do you have? weekly rom or stable rom?
I have also tried OneOS, it really is very similar. But I pick Xiaomi.eu, because OneOS is based on Xiaomi.eu. There isn't much difference beyond a few added customisation-menus.

I use Weekly. It's nice, only one bug bothers me tho:
When using a 3rd Party Launcher, sometimes I can't open apps in my Recents, and when I scroll the Recents-list, the pictures of the apps become invisible. I don't know if it's because I use Weekly, but I hope they fix that.
Screenshot_2021-09-25-03-34-48-976_com.android.settings.jpg

• Love
Reactions: khazzey

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
I have also tried OneOS, it really is very similar. But I pick Xiaomi.eu, because OneOS is based on Xiaomi.eu. There isn't much difference beyond a few added customisation-menus.

I use Weekly. It's nice, only one bug bothers me tho:
When using a 3rd Party Launcher, sometimes I can't open apps in my Recents, and when I scroll the Recents-list, the pictures of the apps become invisible. I don't know if it's because I use Weekly, but I hope they fix that. View attachment 5418105
ive already researched it so far, until now it hasnt fix yet the launcher of miui

Reactions: dreamytom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pick your poison.