• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Best custom rom

Search This thread
May 27, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is there any aosp based rom with miui camera? There are many great aosp based rom but there is no gcam app that works great with selfies and videos..... Does anyone have idea about any rom which has stock miui camera app? Or is there anyway to get miui cam on these roms
I got GCAM work on Arrow without any problem. Selfies & video quality is superior to the stock.
Try MGC with IronHrt xml

noslen69

Sep 23, 2015
I've been using MiuiVN for the past week.

It's a very good rom for battery and gaming/app performance.

It's still very new so there's going to be minor bugs and the OS itself is not as smooth as I'd like yet.

The group seems very sincere and willing to help anyone on their Telegram channel in English.
Can you post the link to miui vn telegram chanel, please.

uriii13

Nov 25, 2012
I'm on ProtonAOSP and it's quite amazing. Besides, it (seems) has some unique options. Take a look on them. Just these 2 last days I'm having a "big" drain on the night. I'm installing a lot of root bullshit too... So I will take a deep look on it. It has a good consumption too.

Reactions: Noe367

zielkarz

Mar 1, 2020
Right now I'm on ArrowOS, but I'd like to try something different. What other ROMs would you recommend? I'd like to see if different ROM would improve my battery life. Also, I'd like one that doesn't force you to use gapps (I'm a microG guy myself).

Noe367

Now that there are many custom ROMs available, what's the best in certain domains (performance battery, customization, updates, ...), and overall. Now, I'm on Evolution X, but it fells not as smooth as it can be (compared to ArrowOS), and battery is not insane too, but very good customization, I'm hesitating to switch with another Rom.
I see a lot of people who like Syberia, but is it really better than the others ?
Or MIUI based ?
Looking forwards for your answers.

Thanks a lot in advance to help me and maybe others to make a choice !

r3sp

Dec 6, 2010
Syberia, Arrow , Crdroid , HentaiOs these roms are right now the best. Syberia have very good updates, Arrow also very often and good updates, crdroid also very good updates and Support. hentai 1time in month. Evox is still the first release and isn't so good like the Roms above. Right know I wouldn't stay on evox because there are better Roms and these roms have also her own Kernel what is good.

Reactions: Noe367

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saying which rom is the best .. It is so subjective, because if you look closely, the vast majority of users will recommend and say that the rom they are using is the best.

Personally, on my previous mobile, I was using only miui, specifically the Xioami.EU and I was delighted.

But when I switched to Poco F3, I decided that even though I was happy with Miui, I wanted to make a change and try something else, hence I have been trying some roms (not all, because luckily, we have many to choose from).

Personally, I wanted them to work if not perfect, as well as possible, without apparent failures. That the performance is very good, that the battery behaves, but above all, that they provide you with a plus of personalization (extra adjustments and pops to put on the mobile).

So I tried:

- ArrowOS -> Quite happy, everything was going well and with some customization touches, I recommend trying it if you are looking for that and I think that it also updates from its own updater, in case you do not want to always carry the TWRP in tow.

- Hentai OS -> I don't like it at all, due to its null customization. I have also tried it 2 times, due to the good opinions that I have always read when they talk about it and to see if after a few weeks, it had improved in that aspect, but nothing, no matter how good they say it is, I don't like it at all nor does it give me that extra that I am looking for, so it is not a rom for me. Now, if you are looking for an experience as similar to a Pixel and as I mentioned, with zero customization, this may be your rom.

- Evolution X -> I tried the first version and it didn't really look bad. What happens, I think that the issue of updates is somewhat stopped and they have not released many since then, but I'm not sure about it either.

- LineageOS -> What to say about a mythical rom. I tried the first version and everything was going so well, that it is already a joy. I think this rom is also updated directly from its own updater, if you keep the TWRP they recommend for installation. It works in general lines very well, you have the security of the great community behind it and that it will be constantly updated and it also has its personalization touches, therefore, another recommended test.

- crDroid -> For me, for the use that I give to the mobile and what I was looking for as I said at the beginning, to this day, the "best" rom that I have tried by far. Everything works really well, it has customization options to give and sell, which I have not seen in other AOSP roms (as you will see, those based on miui I have not bothered to try any rom, because I wanted a change of miui after so many years being only true to miui). Above is constantly being updated with performance improvements and new customization options. And in addition, the developer / group of developers are very active and answer any questions that may arise, either in the rom thread or in the channel that is dedicated to the rom and our mobile in particular, the Poco F3, on Telegram.

This is broadly speaking, my totally subjective opinion, that there will be someone who may agree with me and surely many others, who do not agree.

But asserting that such a rom is better than the rest, just because it is the one you use, without giving any weighty argumentation, does not make much sense, because it can lead to mistakes, for someone who has no idea about roms.

The best thing is to know what you want and based on it, try different roms for several days each, in order to form a strong opinion and with arguments.

Sorry for the brick.​
    Currenly, Arrow and Syberia are the best to me. I've flashed every rom many times as I have an extra Poco to play with. The runners up for me are crDroid and AICP. If you use the Always On Display you won't get great battery life on any of the ROMs.
    For MIUI roms i always go to EU rom, but anyways with this Poco F3 the best rom out there it's Arrow OS, fast, continous updates with his own updater, necessary customization, and this last update is something really good. Flash and forget anything.
    As Calamaros said best ROM is a matter of subjective preference. I also tried for at least one day in this order Xiaomi EU, Pixel Experience, OneOs, Syberia, Arrow, Havoc, Crdroid, EvolutionX, Lineage. In the end the winner for me was ArrowOs because is really, really fast, NFC, banking and Netflix (L1certification) works, not as customisable as HavocOs, Crdroid and EvolutionX but not lacking either, and the battery seems to last the longest. I don't game but I do Netflix, HBO and Emby alot and I get 7-9 hours screen time of 1080 playback at 50-60% luminosity on Data and Bluetooth (AptX HD). Animations are set at 0.5x and unnecessary boot apps disabled. If it helps someone...
    Thanks a lot for your replies ... Still not sure if i want to keep the stock miui or go custom ..
    Is there any thing like the (samaung knox trip) that if i decide to go i will not be able to revert to complete stock state permanently
    its xiaomeme they wouldnt dare to put anything like that because 70% of their customers flash custom roms 🥲
    This answer probably is going to sound harsh, but it is truth (at least for me hahaha).

I've tried literally every custom rom from here (and also a few ones that are baked outside XDA, i.e. HOS, the Android 12 build, etc) and yeah, not even one custom rom gets near the stability, compatibility and battery life of MIUI.

I don't like MIUI at all, but the battery consuption and stability is the best to be used as a daily driver. I hate when I want to do something on my daily basis and then I fail to do it because I'm using a custom rom, for example: bluetooth issues when connecting the phone with my car, video calls having audio issues, low volume on calls, etc) or just taking a photo.

MIUI covers all those little points, and at the end of the day, is the only rom that fullfill all my needs. I personally use eu (the weekly release), as it is just an optimized version of MIUI, but yeah, I still dream on the day that a custom rom gets to the same level of stability and compatibility as MIUI. I TRULY love pixel like roms, but I just don't wan't to sacrifice stability or just simply downgrade the cam quality just for that.

And if I really need to chose a custom rom, I'll pick Lineage, it's the best custom rom out there, has awesome battery life, extra features and the rom/mantainers are not just going to stop developing the weekly nightlies just because they get tired of it. On second place there is HOS, the only issue with HOS that I had is that the thermals of my phone gets real high when I play games (this does not happen with other roms).

=)
    Saying which rom is the best .. It is so subjective, because if you look closely, the vast majority of users will recommend and say that the rom they are using is the best.

Personally, on my previous mobile, I was using only miui, specifically the Xioami.EU and I was delighted.

But when I switched to Poco F3, I decided that even though I was happy with Miui, I wanted to make a change and try something else, hence I have been trying some roms (not all, because luckily, we have many to choose from).

Personally, I wanted them to work if not perfect, as well as possible, without apparent failures. That the performance is very good, that the battery behaves, but above all, that they provide you with a plus of personalization (extra adjustments and pops to put on the mobile).

So I tried:

- ArrowOS -> Quite happy, everything was going well and with some customization touches, I recommend trying it if you are looking for that and I think that it also updates from its own updater, in case you do not want to always carry the TWRP in tow.

- Hentai OS -> I don't like it at all, due to its null customization. I have also tried it 2 times, due to the good opinions that I have always read when they talk about it and to see if after a few weeks, it had improved in that aspect, but nothing, no matter how good they say it is, I don't like it at all nor does it give me that extra that I am looking for, so it is not a rom for me. Now, if you are looking for an experience as similar to a Pixel and as I mentioned, with zero customization, this may be your rom.

- Evolution X -> I tried the first version and it didn't really look bad. What happens, I think that the issue of updates is somewhat stopped and they have not released many since then, but I'm not sure about it either.

- LineageOS -> What to say about a mythical rom. I tried the first version and everything was going so well, that it is already a joy. I think this rom is also updated directly from its own updater, if you keep the TWRP they recommend for installation. It works in general lines very well, you have the security of the great community behind it and that it will be constantly updated and it also has its personalization touches, therefore, another recommended test.

- crDroid -> For me, for the use that I give to the mobile and what I was looking for as I said at the beginning, to this day, the "best" rom that I have tried by far. Everything works really well, it has customization options to give and sell, which I have not seen in other AOSP roms (as you will see, those based on miui I have not bothered to try any rom, because I wanted a change of miui after so many years being only true to miui). Above is constantly being updated with performance improvements and new customization options. And in addition, the developer / group of developers are very active and answer any questions that may arise, either in the rom thread or in the channel that is dedicated to the rom and our mobile in particular, the Poco F3, on Telegram.

This is broadly speaking, my totally subjective opinion, that there will be someone who may agree with me and surely many others, who do not agree.

But asserting that such a rom is better than the rest, just because it is the one you use, without giving any weighty argumentation, does not make much sense, because it can lead to mistakes, for someone who has no idea about roms.

The best thing is to know what you want and based on it, try different roms for several days each, in order to form a strong opinion and with arguments.

Sorry for the brick.​
    I got GCAM work on Arrow without any problem. Selfies & video quality is superior to the stock.
    Try MGC with IronHrt xml

The IronHrt XML for gcam.

The Gcam MGC APK.

To make life easier :)
    Currenly, Arrow and Syberia are the best to me. I've flashed every rom many times as I have an extra Poco to play with. The runners up for me are crDroid and AICP. If you use the Always On Display you won't get great battery life on any of the ROMs.
    In terms of features you can't get more feature rich then crdroid. Most ROMs are rock stable and the one main missing feature dt2w is going to be coming in the next week or so. I'm currently using pixel extended and I've had no problem and am thoroughly enjoying it
    Great news, Official Lineage is on the way :)