Question Best custom rom

Search This thread

PhamTrinh

May 20, 2018
but what oxygenOS version build ?
Screenshot_20210929-212750.jpg

Reactions: wolfydRg

Shadowk1ller

IDK, a rom from a page called "the90sguy" with literally 0 support and literally 0 facts as "proof" to really say that that rom is "THE BEST ROM NOW" is kinda... shady.

This is why we have new threads every week from people asking for "HELP" because they "bricked" their phone.

Well, if you did your research you would know that this Port was made from oofgang... {Mod edit}

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned! I removed all post with links to Telegram or edited such posts. As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to provide references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to theses posts or their authors.
Additionally, I removed requests for ROM's/OS that are not accepted on XDA e.g. due to their names if they violate tule no. 2 of the forum rules. It doesn't matter to which language it might relate but we've banned ROM's with sexually explicit language.
Last but not least I've removed links outside of XDA that were used to share ROM's. As ROM's fall under GPLv2, a link to a ROM must be accompanied by a link to its kernel source.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

GiPeper

Oct 13, 2021
I'm new to roming and was wondering which Pixel rom is better, Pixel Experience Plus, Pixel Plus UI or Pixel extended?

raz123

Oct 25, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Running Lineage on mine, with Quantic kernel, Micro-g, I am getting insane battery life, This phone has been an amazing upgrade for me after being on Mi6 for over 3 years.
for a beta Build, I have yet to run into a single issue, everything is running smoothly.
I have the feeling this phone will receive lots of love from developers and will have custom roms for years to come.

Edit: on my build I have finally fixed battery drain when, double tap, ambient pick-up, or AOD is enabled, it makes no difference, my phone dozes beautifully at night. How is it with other ROMs?
The key for me and everyone i think is the kernel, no matter what I changed with the original kernel that comes with lineage the phone gets no doze, only when I use Quantic + Lineage everything is 100%.
Define insane battery life.

varunrocks17

Edit : anyone can share his opinion here and/or ask on this thread

Hey,

I have a Poco F3, I unlocked the bootloader recently, and I want to know which ROM should I get or is the best for you. I tried xiaomi.eu, but I prefer AOSP/pixel (I tried some, but I can't make a choice). What is the best, I know for now there is crDroid, Pixel Experience Plus but unofficial, Pixel Extended, etc Should I wait for more stable, official or new custom ROMS ?
What are the pro/cons or features of each ?

Thanks in advance ! :)
I aosp....arrow in miui EU is best

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Define insane battery life.
I have moved on to AEX for the last month, battery life is stil the same, I get 10 hours of SOT over 48 hours down to 15%, with moderate use, I have 3 exchange email accounts, Nextcloud, syncthing, Talk., Blabber all active in the background, phone still goes to deep sleep as soon as the screen gets turned off, My usage consists of playing videos, reading articles and wifi calls over blabber. AOD would still keep CPU from going to deep sleep, SO I have that feature turned off.

Reactions: Noe367
D

Deleted member 8862070

From the 4 roms I tested I always went back to crdroid. Lot's of features and still the smoothest user experience paired with pretty good battery.

The ones I tested were Havoc, DotOs, EvoX and ofc crdroid.

I'm new to roming and was wondering which Pixel rom is better, Pixel Experience Plus, Pixel Plus UI or Pixel extended?

I would also be interested in this. For privacy reasons I don't want to use any pixel rooms at all because of the whole google bloat but a friend of mine want's too and asked me about the best pixel rom.

fadedave

Jun 14, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
From the 4 roms I tested I always went back to crdroid. Lot's of features and still the smoothest user experience paired with pretty good battery.

The ones I tested were Havoc, DotOs, EvoX and ofc crdroid.
Did you flash base miui after each rom change, or did you just flash the new rom's zip, and wiped data?
(I am planning on switching from Arrow to crDroid)

motbot

Oct 16, 2021
best custom rom for now. Although i reverted back to miui because aosp doesn't support aptx adaptive and dolby. If you don't need them, hos is currently the best aosp rom, second to none
what roms support dolby and aptx adaptive?

I have moved on to AEX for the last month, battery life is stil the same, I get 10 hours of SOT over 48 hours down to 15%, with moderate use, I have 3 exchange email accounts, Nextcloud, syncthing, Talk., Blabber all active in the background, phone still goes to deep sleep as soon as the screen gets turned off, My usage consists of playing videos, reading articles and wifi calls over blabber. AOD would still keep CPU from going to deep sleep, SO I have that feature turned off.
Have to ask, what is AEX and where can I find more about it? never heard of it.

D

Deleted member 8862070

Did you flash base miui after each rom change, or did you just flash the new rom's zip, and wiped data?
(I am planning on switching from Arrow to crDroid)

I never flash MIUI between roms but I get the infamous error 1 (kerror 7) thing sometimes and then I always have to go to MIUI first. But this also happens with dirty flashing uploads of the same rom and not just when switching roms.
you shouldn't have to go MIUI first but when you do, you can be sure that it will work.

nehalchoy

Jun 13, 2016
Dhubri
OnePlus 7
Xiaomi Poco F3
As Calamaros said best ROM is a matter of subjective preference. I also tried for at least one day in this order Xiaomi EU, Pixel Experience, OneOs, Syberia, Arrow, Havoc, Crdroid, EvolutionX, Lineage. In the end the winner for me was ArrowOs because is really, really fast, NFC, banking and Netflix (L1certification) works, not as customisable as HavocOs, Crdroid and EvolutionX but not lacking either, and the battery seems to last the longest. I don't game but I do Netflix, HBO and Emby alot and I get 7-9 hours screen time of 1080 playback at 50-60% luminosity on Data and Bluetooth (AptX HD). Animations are set at 0.5x and unnecessary boot apps disabled. If it helps someone...
since you mostly do Netflix, HBO and stuff, what I want to know is how is the black crush issue on arrow os? Is it better than that on miui or the same? what about the green tint issue?

I'm having the same "issue" as the OP, currently i'm on LineageOS and everything runs just fine but i want to try something else, i just don't know which one to pick. I know "best" is subjective but i'm still curious.

Also, which gapps would you guys suggest, i only use gmail, maps, fit and the store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saying which rom is the best .. It is so subjective, because if you look closely, the vast majority of users will recommend and say that the rom they are using is the best.

Personally, on my previous mobile, I was using only miui, specifically the Xioami.EU and I was delighted.

But when I switched to Poco F3, I decided that even though I was happy with Miui, I wanted to make a change and try something else, hence I have been trying some roms (not all, because luckily, we have many to choose from).

Personally, I wanted them to work if not perfect, as well as possible, without apparent failures. That the performance is very good, that the battery behaves, but above all, that they provide you with a plus of personalization (extra adjustments and pops to put on the mobile).

So I tried:

- ArrowOS -> Quite happy, everything was going well and with some customization touches, I recommend trying it if you are looking for that and I think that it also updates from its own updater, in case you do not want to always carry the TWRP in tow.

- Hentai OS -> I don't like it at all, due to its null customization. I have also tried it 2 times, due to the good opinions that I have always read when they talk about it and to see if after a few weeks, it had improved in that aspect, but nothing, no matter how good they say it is, I don't like it at all nor does it give me that extra that I am looking for, so it is not a rom for me. Now, if you are looking for an experience as similar to a Pixel and as I mentioned, with zero customization, this may be your rom.

- Evolution X -> I tried the first version and it didn't really look bad. What happens, I think that the issue of updates is somewhat stopped and they have not released many since then, but I'm not sure about it either.

- LineageOS -> What to say about a mythical rom. I tried the first version and everything was going so well, that it is already a joy. I think this rom is also updated directly from its own updater, if you keep the TWRP they recommend for installation. It works in general lines very well, you have the security of the great community behind it and that it will be constantly updated and it also has its personalization touches, therefore, another recommended test.

- crDroid -> For me, for the use that I give to the mobile and what I was looking for as I said at the beginning, to this day, the "best" rom that I have tried by far. Everything works really well, it has customization options to give and sell, which I have not seen in other AOSP roms (as you will see, those based on miui I have not bothered to try any rom, because I wanted a change of miui after so many years being only true to miui). Above is constantly being updated with performance improvements and new customization options. And in addition, the developer / group of developers are very active and answer any questions that may arise, either in the rom thread or in the channel that is dedicated to the rom and our mobile in particular, the Poco F3, on Telegram.

This is broadly speaking, my totally subjective opinion, that there will be someone who may agree with me and surely many others, who do not agree.

But asserting that such a rom is better than the rest, just because it is the one you use, without giving any weighty argumentation, does not make much sense, because it can lead to mistakes, for someone who has no idea about roms.

The best thing is to know what you want and based on it, try different roms for several days each, in order to form a strong opinion and with arguments.

Sorry for the brick.​
    I was not aware that it takes a full week now to get your bootloader unlocked! I think till recently it was a day or two?

Still, I don't understand what's the state with the current "discontinued" roms like Arrow. As mentioned above, on their official website they are discontinued but you can still find a more recent rom in here. Are those just unofficial roms based on the official ones?
    My Beginners guide

1. Unlock You bootloader, using the tutorial by "MUNCHY"

2. While waiting 7 days for your bootloader to be unlocked, buy a OTG Adaptor,
    i recently brought a spare for £1.70 and a Samsung 128GB USB Stick for £19 from A-AZ-N uk. (Great Investment).

3. Download Temporary Recovery unzip and start your F3 in Fastboot mode using a PC and Flash TWRP Temporary Recovery using:

"RUN ME Temporary TWRP A13-Orange Fox Recovery.Bat" file,

select 1. TWRP, you should automatically reboot back into TWRP, their could be a 5 - 8 seconds wait time before TWRP appears.

if your faced with a black screen after reboot, then read the included instructions.

4. From with-in TWRP select (Advanced Tab) and "Flash Current TWRP", once completed reboot TWRP back into Recovery,

(If using a OTG Adaptor, WAIT 3 seconds before plugging
    it in)

4a. When using a OTG adaptor, you need to select the "Mount" tab and USB-OTG "Check Box",
    You can move your files into the F3`s internal phone memory but you need to copy your files over every time you Change roms & Format Data.

5. From with-in the Temporary Recovery folder install: "Magisk-fdac22ba-delta(25210).apk" using TWRP, "you can install this .APK file from with-in TWRP and any installed rom", once completed select re-boot.

6. From with-in your installed rom (MIUI) in your case, re-install the Magisk file above, follow the instruction and you should be rooted.

7. From with-in the Temporary Recovery folder install: "DataBackup.apk" and grant root privileges,
    back up all your favourite Apps & their Data, "Never Backup Magisk"

also with DataBackup you can backup: Picture, Music, Dcim and Download folders,
    i choose to save the backup files to my, OTG/Memory Stick.

8. Install your first custom rom (y),

before existing TWRP always remember to "Flash Current TWRP",
    if Root is needed, reboot back into recovery from with-in TWRP and install Magisk Delta.

once your rom has finished installing, copy over your backed up apps and their data using DataBackup.

9. To hide root from most banking apps, re-name Magisk from within Magisk using (MagiskHide), enable Zygisk & boot loop protection check boxes,
    select Configure MagiskHide, Select "Show system apps" & add "Google Play Services" and your troublesome files to the deny list.

10. From with-in the Downloaded file install: SD Maid.apk, agree to Root and privileges, once installed select APP Control, select your renamed MAGISK and choose FREEZE APP.

Hit the Like button if this post helped
    I got GCAM work on Arrow without any problem. Selfies & video quality is superior to the stock.
    Try MGC with IronHrt xml

The IronHrt XML for gcam.

The Gcam MGC APK.

To make life easier :)
    Currenly, Arrow and Syberia are the best to me. I've flashed every rom many times as I have an extra Poco to play with. The runners up for me are crDroid and AICP. If you use the Always On Display you won't get great battery life on any of the ROMs. One of my pet peeves is if the rom doesn't have something so simple like a clear all button at the bottom in recents and an option to only show the battery percentage in the statusbar then it's a failure.
    For MIUI roms i always go to EU rom, but anyways with this Poco F3 the best rom out there it's Arrow OS, fast, continous updates with his own updater, necessary customization, and this last update is something really good. Flash and forget anything.
    As Calamaros said best ROM is a matter of subjective preference. I also tried for at least one day in this order Xiaomi EU, Pixel Experience, OneOs, Syberia, Arrow, Havoc, Crdroid, EvolutionX, Lineage. In the end the winner for me was ArrowOs because is really, really fast, NFC, banking and Netflix (L1certification) works, not as customisable as HavocOs, Crdroid and EvolutionX but not lacking either, and the battery seems to last the longest. I don't game but I do Netflix, HBO and Emby alot and I get 7-9 hours screen time of 1080 playback at 50-60% luminosity on Data and Bluetooth (AptX HD). Animations are set at 0.5x and unnecessary boot apps disabled. If it helps someone...