General Best Custom ROMs - Poco X3 Pro

Search This thread

sakeyo

Jan 2, 2018
Of this list, the only thing left to try is LineageOS, the rest have not managed to convince me, I always return to CrDroid. With a few tweaks and modules Magisk works very well.

Reactions: palopaxo

cnote221

Aug 13, 2022
Lineage is my intro to custom roms and only experience. Been running it for a couple months now. Privacy was my main goal and Lineage was mentioned the most in that aspect. I picked my OS before my handset. Got my vayu with the intention of flashing right out of the box. I like it a lot so far. Very bare bones to build upon which is what I wanted. No crashing and battery life is good (Dont know if thats the OS or the battery size itself) Long time Blackberry fan boy and finally had to step away from my beloved devices lol

For anyone who's tried other roms, how does Lineage stack up privacy wise compared to others?

AmmarHaseeb

Lineage is my intro to custom roms and only experience. Been running it for a couple months now. Privacy was my main goal and Lineage was mentioned the most in that aspect. I picked my OS before my handset. Got my vayu with the intention of flashing right out of the box. I like it a lot so far. Very bare bones to build upon which is what I wanted. No crashing and battery life is good (Dont know if thats the OS or the battery size itself) Long time Blackberry fan boy and finally had to step away from my beloved devices lol

For anyone who's tried other roms, how does Lineage stack up privacy wise compared to others?
Imo, Calyx OS is worth considering for privacy albeit being an unofficial build for vayu.

Reactions: cnote221

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
My favorite ROM is stock MIUI
Fully debloated and customized to my liking thanks to my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script ;) (link in my signature)
Hopefully I can release that new version soon! ;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: samsungics1200

knigge111

Oct 10, 2011
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
My favorite ROM is stock MIUI
Fully debloated and customized to my liking thanks to my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script ;) (link in my signature)
Hopefully I can release that new version soon! ;)(y)

I used stock 12.0.4 (debloated it myself), installed MIUI launcher and Kangaroo kernel. The experience was stellar!
@lebigmac Today i will to find out what i can do with youre script. I saw now that the thread is closed?

@AmmarHaseeb Wich tools had you used to debloat?

@lebigmac @AmmarHaseeb Don´t get me wrong, i will go back to MIUI asap, i tested the most of the custom rom for our device out there. All the same but different. Im very happy that we have so much options to install but every rom bring another problem that let me search each time for a solution. All the developers out there do an amazing job i don´t blame anyone.

Wich Miui Rom do you use? Global? China?

For any suggestion i thank you so much!

Greets Martin

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
@lebigmac Today i will to find out what i can do with youre script. I saw now that the thread is closed?
Yes I got the thread closed while I was on summer vacation. Everyone needs a break every once in a while.
I'll have it reopened as soon as I'm ready to publish the new version of my script. Hopefully soon ;)(y)

Last edited:

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Have you read my questions?
Which one? :unsure:

Indonesia of course! It has built-in stock Xiaomi call recorder ;)(y)
The Indonesia MIUI works great outside of Indonesia too. No issues whatsoever (y)

Unfortunately I failed to manually port the stock call recording feature to other stock MIUI's from other regions. As root with full RW access you can easily copy the stock SMS app to other Xiaomi devices but it's a little bit more difficult to copy the default caller app.
If anyone successfully ported it please let me know. Thanks! (y)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Crdroid - Absolutely amazing. Very stable, fast and customizable with monthly updates and maintained by an excellent dev.

2. Arrow Os - Great for battery life and stability with many updates and bug fixes, also maintained by a pro developer.

3. Pixel Experience - Amazing Pixel UI, great performance and smoothness.

4. Lineage Os - Speaks for itself.

5. Awaken Os - Smooth, minimal and very underrated.

6. Evolution X - Very customizable, tons of updates, but comes with occasional bugs which are mostly fixed.
    Couple of guys on a poco x3 pro telegram group. They were all bragging about it.

I just bought the phone and asked which one was good for daily use with no gaming intended, with more performance than customization, and they all recommend it 🤷‍♂️
    Please don't listen to people on telegram, they are braindead 12 year olds, who also happen to buildbot roms they never update. If you want a good MIUI ROM, then you should try MIUI Hellas.
    And also, elite ROM gives high priority to performance - only in the changelog.
    But again you're free to use whichever ROM you like :)

@AmmarHaseeb Wich tools had you used to debloat?

@lebigmac @AmmarHaseeb Don´t get me wrong, i will go back to MIUI asap, i tested the most of the custom rom for our device out there. All the same but different. Im very happy that we have so much options to install but every rom bring another problem that let me search each time for a solution. All the developers out there do an amazing job i don´t blame anyone.

For any suggestion i thank you so much!

Greets Martin
    I used app manager from GitHub
    If you don't mind MIUI, there is another method. Maybe this is also suitable for you. With the help of the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, simply remove the bloatware with a few mouse clicks. I did this and am enjoying a very good battery life. All apps/services specified in the tool can be safely uninstalled and reinstalled if desired. It's just up to you to figure out if you need them or not.
    Again, thanks for helping!!

I did this in my current poco 1 when I bought it 4 years ago and used with the current stock till today but on those days it was an automatic script, I didn't have to manually select what to Uninstall.
    When I checked to do it for the poco x3 I though that I had to go one by one and I don't have the knowledge to understand which one is safe or not so I'll rather just install a new clean rom and that's it. I believe it will be faster and easier for me
    I'm currently using LineageOS and enjoying it. Decided not to use any ROMs that bypass safetynet by disguising as another device by updating monthly the fingerprint to a Pixel one, i.e. pixel spoofing.

It can potentially lead to problems if you don't flash an update monthly. I don't know how the guys do it in the xiaomi.eu ROM, but after flashing, my device appears as a Pixel 2 in the devices section of my Google account, so, potentially risky. So, I guess they're spoofing a Pixel 2 signature directly in the framework.jar.

Lineage fails safety net because it doesn't spoof a Pixel signature in the framework, as it should. That's why I use it with Magical+Magical Hide Props + safety net modules.