Best full coverage tempered glass screen protectors?

Search This thread

Ally153

Dec 26, 2007
Hi all,
I'm looking for a good glass screen protector that covers the whole screen (usually they are ones with a black or white border), but I'm really struggling to find good makes. I tried a protector from LK, but the glass was pretty cloudy and had a 'rainbow' effect raising our from the centre of the protector, it also turned out to be a disaster to remove, with the strong adhesive leaving adhesive marks and shattered glass as I tried to remove it!

Anyone else had any experience with other protectors and could make a recommendation?

c411umuk

Mar 30, 2011
I tried the 2 from Nillkin, but only one had full coverage with black edges. The glass was fine, but the edges looked cheap and tacky.
There is a video of full screen glass on YT and the guy that posted the video has posted videos here (unofficial Huawei), but he's just a shill and has no interest in answering questions, just promoting products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZzXd_JG4M

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2011
I use Mofis tempered glass (full coverage). It's working like a charm.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I tried the 2 from Nillkin, but only one had full coverage with black edges. The glass was fine, but the edges looked cheap and tacky.
There is a video of full screen glass on YT and the guy that posted the video has posted videos here (unofficial Huawei), but he's just a shill and has no interest in answering questions, just promoting products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZzXd_JG4M

He called Jozinek in this forum.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

A friend of mine got this brand, he got it from china, it's called called smartdevil, although it's only a OEM brand, anyway, it includes a frame for accurate placement of the protector, full coverage glass protector with about 1/2mm rim to accommodate a case, liquid filler to fill up the sids rim.

no link will be provided unless you intend to flight to china to buy it, just to let you know they are available so may be some searching you can find it online or similar item since it's only a oem product.

Last edited:

boonkoh

Jan 22, 2011
I also had a horrible experience with the LK screen protector. Rainbow effect in the middle and really annoying adhesive at the top and bottom. The transparent screen itself was also not very clear.

I then switched to an OMOTON brand one and it is amazing! Fingerprint and smudge resistant. Fits perfectly, full coverage across the screen. Looks sturdy. Cutouts perfect. Only downside is that it ends a bit short at the top and bottom, so still exposed there unless you use a case with a lip.

Avoid LK, and give the OMOTON one a try.

Reactions: samithax

Ally153

Dec 26, 2007
I use Mofis tempered glass (full coverage). It's working like a charm.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

Do you have a link to where I can find them? Tried Amazon UK and Googling, bit couldn't find anything.

I also had a horrible experience with the LK screen protector. Rainbow effect in the middle and really annoying adhesive at the top and bottom. The transparent screen itself was also not very clear.

I then switched to an OMOTON brand one and it is amazing! Fingerprint and smudge resistant. Fits perfectly, full coverage across the screen. Looks sturdy. Cutouts perfect. Only downside is that it ends a bit short at the top and bottom, so still exposed there unless you use a case with a lip.

Avoid LK, and give the OMOTON one a try.

Glad I'm not the only one with a bad experience with LK. Looks like the transparent Omoton protectors that don't cover the full screen are easy enough to find, but I'm struggling to find the full coverage one :( where did you get yours from?

boonkoh

Jan 22, 2011
Glad I'm not the only one with a bad experience with LK. Looks like the transparent Omoton protectors that don't cover the full screen are easy enough to find, but I'm struggling to find the full coverage one :( where did you get yours from?

I got my OMOTON screen protector from Amazon (prime delivery - fulfilled by Amazon). You're right, it isn't full coverage (smaller than LK's one). But its close enough to full coverage if you have a tpu case that has a good lip.

bolek007

Aug 19, 2014
Czech Rep.
www.fotomoto.cz
Yesterday I got my Omoton tempered glass (Amazon.co.uk), and I am dissatisfied - the glass does not fit properly on the display (air space on both sides)...

Attachments

• omoton.jpg
    omoton.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,669

c411umuk

Mar 30, 2011
This is Nillkin's. Similar size* but adheres perfectly (sorry for crap picture).
I also tried their 3D version (full screen) but it makes the phone look very cheap.

*Actually the Omoton looks wider.

Attachments

• 20170531_204041.jpg
    20170531_204041.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 2,586
Last edited:

Ally153

Dec 26, 2007
This is Nillkin's. Similar size* but adheres perfectly (sorry for crap picture).
I also tried their 3D version (full screen) but it makes the phone look very cheap.

*Actually the Omoton looks wider.

What was it about the 3D version you felt looked cheap? Was it easy to remove the screen protector?

Right now I'm using the GhostShield by TechGear. They are relatively cheap and difficult to install, but after watching a video on installing them, it was a little easier. They are extremely thin - almost invisible and are self healing, but any dust caught under the protector will result in a bumpy surface. I'm also not entirely sure how great the protection is they offer. My Ringke Fusion case started lifting the to corners of the protector, but I think I stretched the protector (really easy to do with a membrane protector this thin!) slightly as I tried to get the bubbles off the surface.

Still looking for the best solution to protect my screen...

c411umuk

Mar 30, 2011
What was it about the 3D version you felt looked cheap? Was it easy to remove the screen protector?

The plastic borders. It was very easy to remove as the plastic borders don't really have much in the way of adhesive.

I will try a Cafele next, when I can be bothered to order one.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Just got both of these two delivered from www.taobao.cn

first one is a anti blue ray with installation frame for exact right positioning and liquid filler for those air gaps along the edges of the protector, the second one is a normal tempered glass protector as a two piece package with the same accessories.

2cpsync.jpg

2s8h2qw.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_195204.jpg
    IMG_20170615_195204.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_20170615_195329.jpg
    IMG_20170615_195329.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:

denkem

Aug 14, 2014
Prague
Just got both of these two delivered from www.taobao.cn

first one is a anti blue ray with installation frame for exact right positioning and liquid filler for those air gaps along the edges of the protector, the second one is a normal tempered glass protector as a two piece package with the same accessories.

2cpsync.jpg

2s8h2qw.jpg

Could you share full link, please? :) Would like to buy one for mom :D Thank you :)

tomzzi

Apr 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I got Omoton full coverage tempered glass but i am afraid its not compatible with silicone cases? It is good screen protector but sadly not ideal for cases.
It looks like cases lift screen protector on edges slightly so air gets underneath... Any good screen protectors that are not full coverage so i can still use case?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Benks have a really good one, it's a full coverage with white or black boarder (adhesive covers throughout the whole glass, not just the edges), just like those on the iphone, it curves and cover the edges.

Benks have two version, KR PRO this is also full coverage, glass & plastic sided and XPro+ full glass coverage.

D_Grunt

Mar 9, 2008
I am using the Benks XPro+ full glass cover and I think it's great. It's a 3D glass screen protector, covers the screen perfectly, right to the edges, with no air bubles. Also it has an oleophobic coating.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I am using the Benks XPro+ full glass cover and I think it's great. It's a 3D glass screen protector, covers the screen perfectly, right to the edges, with no air bubles. Also it has an oleophobic coating.

its a good product, i just got a spare one yesterday incase I need it, slightly cheap than my first one.

Top Liked Posts