Question best gcam version for Realme 8 4g with G95 chipset?

Search This thread
May 2, 2020

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
I don't have original source,don't remember where I downloaded from but I kept APK on my phone so here you go.
is there a config file available? On normal HDR (not enhanced) i get dark photos

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
So after some of testing i found that HDR works good until the light gets lower, then it shoots very dark photos. I could not fix that via mod settings, tried everything.
HDR Enhanced on lower lighting shoots kinda nightshots but with purple tinting all over.
Nightsight does the job just fine and selfies are way better with Gcam than the native app.
Currently using BSG latest recommended version. Get it >HERE
Playing around with the mod settings didn't bring any noticeable improvement, the only thing worth experimenting with is the different AWB settings from different google models.

Reactions: rustybear

TapaSte

Jun 23, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
If someone has this nice device again (apart the awful main camera on it) I'd suggest to give a try to these gcams, that with a little of configuration work well:
LMC GCam 8.4 and Shamim Gcam 8.4

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
GCam 8.4.600 is working great here. Night mode is impressive.
Just tested it, works nice.

A good thing, focus tracking works again for photos and portrait (option in settings).

Bad thing i still keep getting dark photos in normal photo mode and lower light conditions
(f.e. indoors with plenty of room lighting) so night sight is a must.

Any other option in settings that helped you getting better results?

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
Hello,
I have an Realme 8 with 8gb and 128gb with helio G95.

I instaled the Gcam, but each time i take a photo is crashes... what settings do i need to use for this phone?
It says only pixel´s phones on the config... :)

Thanks in advance...

LPC

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
Hello,

Just manage to stabilize Gcam on my phone...

On the options i choose Pixel 2 on both, and deativated all the social media integration crap...
Now i can take pictures (even if the live screen is very stuttery), and the app don´t crash.

The problem im having now is with video recording.
If i choose 4k 30 fps, i have a very stutter movie (and live view), even deativating the EIS, don´t seem to help at all.

By lowering the resolution to 1080p, i have a more smooth experience (not perfect), but the image quality is not the same...

What can i do?

Best Regards,

LPC

PS: I manage to see that i can put the second mode on Pixel 7XL, BUT the interface MUST ALLWAYS BE Pixel 2

Last edited:

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
Well Just tested night photography with this phone and Gcam, and...

It was a complete disaster... The photos came out very very noisy... so grainy and i don´t know why...

I did choose the night mode...

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards,

LPC

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
If someone has this nice device again (apart the awful main camera on it) I'd suggest to give a try to these gcams, that with a little of configuration work well:
LMC GCam 8.4 and Shamim Gcam 8.4
Can you help me?
I have RealMe 8, but after trying many versions i still don´t understand how to install it on our phone...

I don´t see support for macro or ultrawide (but there is support on GCam go (don´t work but the icons are there)).

Where is the config file for RealMe 8? Do we need to install any libs?

Thanks in advance...

LPC

TapaSte

Jun 23, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
Just tested it, works nice.

A good thing, focus tracking works again for photos and portrait (option in settings).

Bad thing i still keep getting dark photos in normal photo mode and lower light conditions
(f.e. indoors with plenty of room lighting) so night sight is a must.

Any other option in settings that helped you getting better results?
Try to increase the exposure compensation.

TapaSte

Jun 23, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
Can you help me?
I have RealMe 8, but after trying many versions i still don´t understand how to install it on our phone...

I don´t see support for macro or ultrawide (but there is support on GCam go (don´t work but the icons are there)).

Where is the config file for RealMe 8? Do we need to install any libs?

Thanks in advance...

LPC
You can enable the aux cams support via gcam settings, but I don't advise to do that. Most of the cases the app will crash when you select one of the aux cams.

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
You can enable the aux cams support via gcam settings, but I don't advise to do that. Most of the cases the app will crash when you select one of the aux cams.
What Settings?

On all Gcam i tested so far, there are no aux cam on the app, only zoom 1x or 2x...

Only on Gcam Go there are the aux cams to choose from...

Best Regards,

LPC

Aug 10, 2022
I don't have original source,don't remember where I downloaded from but I kept APK on my phone so here you go.
Is this possible to enable wide angle camera? I'm on Lineage 19.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the best gcam version for Realme 8 4g with G95 chipset?
    Can you share link....

Gcam 8.1.101.345618084 is the one I have and it works perfectly fine on Realme 8.
    So after some of testing i found that HDR works good until the light gets lower, then it shoots very dark photos. I could not fix that via mod settings, tried everything.
    HDR Enhanced on lower lighting shoots kinda nightshots but with purple tinting all over.
    Nightsight does the job just fine and selfies are way better with Gcam than the native app.
    Currently using BSG latest recommended version. Get it >HERE
    Playing around with the mod settings didn't bring any noticeable improvement, the only thing worth experimenting with is the different AWB settings from different google models.
    GCam 8.4.600 is working great here. Night mode is impressive.