@epl51708 GCam needs Google Services to run, so if you don't install GApps, it will not open.
You can do two things:
- Install Gcam Services Provider (downloads; github) and trick GCam to run.
- Install microG, an open-source implementation of Google services. You only need the "services core" apk (download). This is probably overkill if you only want to use GCam.
And since you're using a custom ROM, be aware that:
1. Some config files (if you choose to use them) may result in crashes, especially when switching cameras. This happens because the "IDs" used by each lens change between stock and custom ROMs. You may have to manually set the camera IDs after loading a config.
2. It's not a huge difference, but sometimes you'll see a quality drop - even with GCam - when using custom ROMs. It didn't stop me from moving from MIUI though.
After Installing trcamera, open it and double click the black area between shutter and settings button. It will give you an error that you don't have config files and at the same time it will automatically create a folder in the root directory of your internal storage named "trcamera". There you'll find the configs folder.Where is the folder for config files on trCam?
Thank you. Very interesting and valuable info. On a RN7 so far I prefer GCam over ANX on crDroid+microG and it seems Stock is not substantially better for Cam-Quality.... The sensors part is especially important. ... To get good quality with GCam, the hardware (camera sensors and SoC) needs to be similar to what Google uses on their phones. Since they haven't joined the latest megapixel war with quad bayern sensors, we're kinda screwed here.
Is ctgcam ootb better or should I use the xml config from maneeshkumar (OP)?
For NGCam 2.0 these configs are adviced:
You can obtain them by typing #gcam in @curtanaphotography Telegram group, as they are posted there.
- Samsung Isocell GW1 (Excalibur & Joyeuse): NiceLight_v3-Ngcam2.0.xml
- Samsung Isocell GW2 (Curtana & Gram): NgCam2.0 Balanced 007.xml
MGC not running without GApps. I tried microG, but it still does not run. What else could I try?MGC by B-S-G
MGC_8.0.018_A9_V0g by B-S-G works now on Joyeuse and Android 11 (Arrow OS). Please use Clone version.
After first start, change input Device Bonito, HDR+ device Redfin, Preview format YUV and RAW 16.
It does not have a lot of features, and not aux cameras but it is quite stable, very usable and - well, it´s a GCam 8.
It also does very fast processing of your pictures. No XMLs possible.
Download: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/ or use the official Telegram support group @bsg_googlecamera.
#UPDATED-07 JULY 2020
Google Drive LINK APK+XML
Here i updated a new GCam(version-7.3.020) Mod For Your Beast Redmi Note 9 PRO/S.
It is the Best-Stable-Superior Quality GCam For This...
WHATS WORKING IN THIS VERISON:-
1- All Cameras working very fine including Main-Wide-Macro and giving awesome results
2- Video Recording also working with macro and wide lenses support.Yes you can shoot videos on AUX cameras as well with this port.
3- Slow Motion ,working without any force stop or any problem.
4- Night Sight
7- And all other features such as Panoroma,Photo Sphere,Slow Motion,Time lapse etc.
WHAT IS NOT WORKING IN THIS VERSION:-
1-Sabre is not working in this version.I dont know why but it is crashing while the sabre option is on. So keep it TURN OFF.
2-In my try Manual AWB is not to be seem finely working.But in this you can set this to AUTO and you will get awesome results.
Only this are some problems in this port. Beside this,it giving very good and high quality details you must try this.Because it giving you to shoot videos in AUX cameras as well without any problem.
STEPS TO INSTALL THIS PORT:-
1- First install the apk of GCam given in link(GoogleDrive) in the top of the thread.Also download given XML for best results.
2-Put your XML file to location storage/GCam/onfire/Configs7.I recommend you to create manually all folders if it is not there.
3- Simply open app and double tap on black screen of your GCam,in the one side of shutter button.
4- Then load the XML file and BOOM you had loaded the settings of GCam.
5- Finally, now you can start shooting your awesome images.
Some information from modder:-
• Fixed 60 FPS in video mode for most devices.
• Fixed optical stabilization.
• Fixed slow mo mode for many devices. Thanks Urnyx05 and Arnova8G2
• Added sliders about the mode (ISO, manual focus, shutter speed).
• Added saturation slider only works on lvl3.
• Fixed wide-angle lens on Mi9Lite.
• Completely redesigned theme and design. Thanks to overwhelmer, the_dise, dpstar for telling the address of the colors.
• Added video finder format to support many devices.
• Completely redesigned white balance (did not work correctly before).
• Added noise reduction models.
• Completely redesigned the design and work of the libpatcher. Thanks to overwhelmer for those awesome graphview and seekbars.
• Added timer for astrophotography in top bar. Thanks Arnova8G2.
• Custom libraries added. Savitar, dise, r0m10. Thanks to all of them.
• Added advanced libpatcher.
• Added stream configs that solve video problems on many devices. This was totally the work of Arnova8G2.
• Fixed settings crash with aux. Thanks namok.
• Added the ability to shoot video on AUX (4K). Thanks namok.
• Added TimeLapse 4K switch to avoid problems.
• Reworked configs mode.
• Solved the problem of white balance for portrait mode.
• Separated libpatcher for all 5 lenses.
• Fixed high iso issues and fixed awb for mi9se and mi8.
• Fixed shutter slider in astro.
• Slow mo does not work for 710 and 845 Snapdragon.
• The translation to russian language is not finished yet.
• Some icons have problems in the light interface theme.
I want to express special thanks to @tommyhellatigr for help with solving many problems, as well as translating the application.
All the issues will be fixed very soon
######important note for api3 (lvl3) devives#####
-After installing the app, go to settings/viewfinder and change viewfinder format to yuv
-Configs directory is now GCam/onfire/Configs7
All credits goes to onFire and all modder on Celsoazevedo site.
Please make sure to have either some Google Apps installed, or Micro G´s service Core or the GCam-Services-Provider App.
None of the following apps were created or modified by me. This is just my personal choice and may give you a start if you are new to GCam mods. There is no "best" version suited for every taste and usecase and i want to thank all modders - especially the ones i did not mention - for their great efford. Please make also sure to read this thread and compare versions. I tried to use non-Telegram links wherever possible.