best gingerbread rom and kernel with great perfomance and battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
please share :confused:

is there any custom gingerbread rom with bloatware removed and big free ram? and a kernel with OC/UV? plus great game compability?

how about MIUI?

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
Have yet to find one to best DjangoMouche 1.2.1 its GB 2.3.4 its customized, with different themes to choose from and a good bunch of performance tweaks. everything has been running smooth.

games run well, things load fast

I'm using Gueste overclock v1.8.1 kernel but thats up to choice. i found it works great between 900 - 1300mhz. but above that its rebooted on me a few times.

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Have yet to find one to best DjangoMouche 1.2.1 its GB 2.3.4 its customized, with different themes to choose from and a good bunch of performance tweaks. everything has been running smooth.

I'm using Gueste overclock v1.8.1 kernel but thats up to choice. i found it works great between 900 - 1300mhz. but above that its rebooted on me a few times.

I agree that DJ is one of the best ROMs...no doubt
but could i ask you why DJ 1.2.1 and not the DJ 1.5RC1....I am using the latest and it is more than a magical dream....out of the stars and heaven....I am curious why you are with an older version....

Reactions: galaxyfitankit

arvindlakra21

Apr 20, 2012
New Delhi
but could i ask you why DJ 1.2.1 and not the DJ 1.5RC1....I am using the latest and it is more than a magical dream....out of the stars and heaven

+1
Currently on DJ 1.5RC1 and have to say it is truly magical.The feel of performance,smoothness and speed is just incredible.Always try to experiment with other GB roms and always drawn back to DJ ROM.DJ roms provide many choices according to our needs and customization as we like with transformation packs.So have to say this is the best choice i will ever have:cyclops:

prabuddhadg

Oct 10, 2012
Bombay
OnePlus 6T
Hi, this is my first post here. I have been flashing various roms and a few basebands and rils in my quest to get better battery life from my LG Optimus 2x. In the end. Most of what I have done is experimental and I can not say I understand much about versions and combinations. Last night, I read quite a few posts about the Django Manouche rom and downloaded all the three versions of the 1.6, the stock, the Spica and the Gueste.

Flashing led to boot looping on the Spica rom, powering off on the Gueste rom while on the stock 1.6s it ran OK, with some applications not running until I rebooted.

I came from a stock LG rom and was wondering if I need to change the baseband and kernel also, for these to work.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

daas88

May 11, 2012
Maracaibo
I think these "best rom" threads are forbidden but I'll give my 2 cents anyway, in case I'm wrong:
for me the best rom is Gueste Hybrid revolutions 3.7, is a hybrid between stock Rom and cm7.2, and symbiosis kernel 1.3.

I get great performance, great battery life, great ram management. I can't really complain, I'm so satisfied that I'm not that eager to get ICS (at least not as much as I was before).

LG optimus 2x, rom Gueste Hybrid 3.7

prabuddhadg

Oct 10, 2012
Bombay
OnePlus 6T
@daas88. Taking your advice, I have flashed the same combination as you, just this morning. I have been very active on the phone since then, so I can't tell right away, if there is any improvement in battery life.

By the way, I continue to be on the 20i baseband.

I shall report back soon.

Last edited:

carderbee

Jun 12, 2011
Utrecht
Temasek

Probably the cleanest install would be Temasek. A very stable CM7 build. It's sort of finished, and offers a great experience. Use it with Temasek's, Spica's or symbi0sis kernel.

I've tried DM and it's great, but this just feels cleaner.

gl!

prabuddhadg

Oct 10, 2012
Bombay
OnePlus 6T
I have been reading about the Temasek rom. What is your view on its battery consumption? That is something I am focussing on. The stock LG set up lasts for about 9-11 hours on my phone, with full 3G, about 4 hours of wifi usage and about 1-2 hour of music (Neutron music player). I have a battery pack that I carry with me to work, but it is a big bother.

So, basically, to me battery life is top priority. :) If I can extend it to 12-15 hours, I am home and dry.

carderbee

Jun 12, 2011
Utrecht
I've used Temasek for a long period of time, and though I don't want to go back to gingerbread (currently on Paranoid Android) I do miss the battery life. With Temasek (or stock CM7) I would get about 32 hours of battery life: a day and a night. This with some browsing, playing music checking e-mail.

Overclocking would lose you some of that time, but the toggle2g app would win it back. :good:

reggiexp

Dec 2, 2010
{^_*}
Probably the cleanest install would be Temasek. A very stable CM7 build. It's sort of finished, and offers a great experience. Use it with Temasek's, Spica's or symbi0sis kernel.

I've tried DM and it's great, but this just feels cleaner.

gl!

i have cm7 135 from temasek but battery is not so great have bb 218 and ril its the best right now but battery hold max 3h screen on and with 15-17h on time, it sucks, so i want to try dj mouche v20s with bb and rill and hope to get better battery life....
because if a old galaxy s1 can get 1day easy and 4h++ screen on, the fricking lg must get some were neer also......
stanby is **** i find on this phone dont know if its normal but yeah.
i say try dj mango mouch and flash also v20s bb and i think battery will be great and performance i think they are the same

carderbee

Jun 12, 2011
Utrecht
because if a old galaxy s1 can get 1day easy and 4h++ screen on, the fricking lg must get some were neer also......
stanby is **** i find on this phone dont know if its normal but yeah.

Increased CPU performance, larger screen and stagnated battery technology will do this ;)

As for battery life, I do miss my Nokia 3210! :laugh:

prabuddhadg

Oct 10, 2012
Bombay
OnePlus 6T
A small update. I charged my phone to 100% yesterday evening at 7 PM. From then on till now, what I observe is that with the phone in standby mode, the battery consumption curve remains almost flat. But the moment I start using some apps, for instance the Number links game for 15-20 minutes, the battery level drops by 10%.

This is with the Gueste Hybrid ROM and the Symbiosis kernel.

Further update: The battery went to 14% and then I charged it. 15 hours. Some improvement. It may be too early to comment, but this set up seems to work superbly when the phone is on standby. When the phone is in use, the consumption seems to be high. Could it be improved by changing the BB or the ril?

Last edited:

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
my record was 6 hours of screen on time with a cm7 rom and etana kernel with ds battery driver. but now i cant get even 4h screen on time with the same config (only updated versions) :/

maybe my battery is getting worn out...

coolacrille

Dec 20, 2010
Skövde
my record was 6 hours of screen on time with a cm7 rom and etana kernel with ds battery driver. but now i cant get even 4h screen on time with the same config (only updated versions) :/

maybe my battery is getting worn out...

I'd try a new battery... I can get 8 hours screen on with wifi(depending on usage but screen and wifi on constantly). Temasek and symbi0sis...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think these "best rom" threads are forbidden but I'll give my 2 cents anyway, in case I'm wrong:
    for me the best rom is Gueste Hybrid revolutions 3.7, is a hybrid between stock Rom and cm7.2, and symbiosis kernel 1.3.

I get great performance, great battery life, great ram management. I can't really complain, I'm so satisfied that I'm not that eager to get ICS (at least not as much as I was before).

LG optimus 2x, rom Gueste Hybrid 3.7

but could i ask you why DJ 1.2.1 and not the DJ 1.5RC1....I am using the latest and it is more than a magical dream....out of the stars and heaven....I am curious why you are with an older version....
    Thread Closed, what are the best Rom, Kernel, Theme threads are not allowed on XDA.
    Thanks
    The-Hulk