• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best Google Camera For Xiaomi Mi5 [Gcam]

Search This thread

[email protected]

Aug 27, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 5
I am now using Xiaomi's Mi5.
Current Operating System: Pixel Experience Android 10 Plus Edition

Now I am looking for the best Gcam for my phone. Recently I have used some of the Gcam versions. But every one of them has major bugs.
I noticed high battery consumption and experienced various problems( green effect, saturation etc) while taking pictures.
So, I want to know if there is any version available for MI5 which

1. which doesn't drain fast
  2. close to 0 shutter lag
  3. Fast start times
  4. HDR+ processing is fast
  5. Good integration with Gphotos
  6. Night mode and most of the other features are available
  7. Able to take Perfect Selfie (Without any green/dark effect or saturation problem)

Thanks in advance!!!
Note: Camera2api is enabled in my device. But the phone is not rooted and I don't intend to do so.

mandayugana

Jan 17, 2012
I am now using Xiaomi's Mi5.
Current Operating System: Pixel Experience Android 10 Plus Edition

Now I am looking for the best Gcam for my phone. Recently I have used some of the Gcam versions. But every one of them has major bugs.
I noticed high battery consumption and experienced various problems( green effect, saturation etc) while taking pictures.
So, I want to know if there is any version available for MI5 which

1. which doesn't drain fast
  2. close to 0 shutter lag
  3. Fast start times
  4. HDR+ processing is fast
  5. Good integration with Gphotos
  6. Night mode and most of the other features are available
  7. Able to take Perfect Selfie (Without any green/dark effect or saturation problem)

Thanks in advance!!!
Note: Camera2api is enabled in my device. But the phone is not rooted and I don't intend to do so.
I use LOS 18.1 and find that latest Wichaya's ASUS build is best for Mi 5. Picture quality is very good, less noise, fast processing, and low battery usage. The only thing needs to be fixed is green tint on astrophotography on very low light. Try it! You won't regret it.

Last edited: