• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Best Google-free solution? China rom?

Search This thread

Momoko-hime

Jun 19, 2021
I've been a longtime Huawei user, always very satisfied, and with my contract renewal coming up, I thought of getting a new Huawei phone. However, the big, fat notch that pretty much al P40 series and Mate 40 series phones have now really bothers me a lot, so I looked for alternatives.
I eventually came to the Mi 10T Pro, which has good hardware, and many good reviews, so I decided to pick it up instead.

My old Mate 20, which I had before, didn't have that many Google apps, and all except for 4 could be uninstalled. Those last 4 could be deactivated (including the main "Google" app), and they never bothered me again.

I expected the same from the Mi 10 T Pro... but it's WAY worse. The Mi 10 T Pro is literally DROWNING in a ludicrous amount of Google bloatware, and I ended up with 15 (!) Google apps, which can't be uninstalled!
What's even worse, none of those 15 apps can be deactivated! So they pretty much do whatever they want, keep downloading stuff, keep updating themselves behind my back - unless I turn off WiFi. I can only stop their mobile data usage/background data usage, not their WiFi usage.
A good amount even keeps constantly restarting, after I stop them, they always autostart (impossible to configure autostart for Google apps), all Google apps are exempt from battery saving with no way to change it, some are clawing back privileges after I revoked them... just plain awful.

I'm starting to feel regret that I didn't take a P40 or Mate 40, and just lived with that awful notch... but at least I would've had a great experience without Google bloatware. MIUI seems a bit strange as well...

What would be the best way to get rid of this Google plague?
Would it be possible to flash a China rom on my EU version Mi 10 T Pro? If so, can I just put it into the "downloaded_rom" folder, and update from there? Or must I go through the whole ordeal of having to unlock, then flashing TWRP, and flashing from fastboot, and whatnot?
Would it be possible (or advisable) to use the China dev rom? I read that one gets more frequent updates.

I would be very grateful for any help!

I've been a longtime Huawei user, always very satisfied, and with my contract renewal coming up, I thought of getting a new Huawei phone. However, the big, fat notch that pretty much al P40 series and Mate 40 series phones have now really bothers me a lot, so I looked for alternatives.
I eventually came to the Mi 10T Pro, which has good hardware, and many good reviews, so I decided to pick it up instead.

My old Mate 20, which I had before, didn't have that many Google apps, and all except for 4 could be uninstalled. Those last 4 could be deactivated (including the main "Google" app), and they never bothered me again.

I expected the same from the Mi 10 T Pro... but it's WAY worse. The Mi 10 T Pro is literally DROWNING in a ludicrous amount of Google bloatware, and I ended up with 15 (!) Google apps, which can't be uninstalled!
What's even worse, none of those 15 apps can be deactivated! So they pretty much do whatever they want, keep downloading stuff, keep updating themselves behind my back - unless I turn off WiFi. I can only stop their mobile data usage/background data usage, not their WiFi usage.
A good amount even keeps constantly restarting, after I stop them, they always autostart (impossible to configure autostart for Google apps), all Google apps are exempt from battery saving with no way to change it, some are clawing back privileges after I revoked them... just plain awful.

I'm starting to feel regret that I didn't take a P40 or Mate 40, and just lived with that awful notch... but at least I would've had a great experience without Google bloatware. MIUI seems a bit strange as well...

What would be the best way to get rid of this Google plague?
Would it be possible to flash a China rom on my EU version Mi 10 T Pro? If so, can I just put it into the "downloaded_rom" folder, and update from there? Or must I go through the whole ordeal of having to unlock, then flashing TWRP, and flashing from fastboot, and whatnot?
Would it be possible (or advisable) to use the China dev rom? I read that one gets more frequent updates.

I would be very grateful for any help!
You must unlock the bootloader.
Choose a rom here
Use this method for the fastboot rom or twrp for the zip rom.
or
This program for debloatware.(without root).

Last edited:

Momoko-hime

Jun 19, 2021
You must unlock the bootloader.
Choose a rom here
Use this method for the fastboot rom or twrp for the zip rom.
or
This program for debloatware.(without root).
There's no China rom for Mi 10T Pro there... should I pick the Taiwan rom? But that one's not at 12.5 yet.
What about the China dev rom? Would it be possible to use as main rom, or is it too buggy?

Does this "debloatware" allow me to remove all the Google garbage? How does it work?

There's no China rom for Mi 10T Pro there... should I pick the Taiwan rom? But that one's not at 12.5 yet.
What about the China dev rom? Would it be possible to use as main rom, or is it too buggy?

Does this "debloatware" allow me to remove all the Google garbage? How does it work?
K30 s ultra is the same except camera.(most recent rom)
i dont no about Taiwan
Indonesien rom is not interesting

For debloatware.
Just connect to the pc with usb debug active(Not all google/aaps/services)
Try you will be able to see the list of uninstallable or deactivable apps and services

Momoko-hime

Jun 19, 2021
Thanks again.
I looked around and found this guide on how to remove the excessive Google bloatware (and other bloatware) on Xiaomi:

It doesn't require root, unlocking or anything else, so I think I'll try this first.
I'm sharing the link, in case this is interesting for others as well.

Thanks again.
I looked around and found this guide on how to remove the excessive Google bloatware (and other bloatware) on Xiaomi:

It doesn't require root, unlocking or anything else, so I think I'll try this first.
I'm sharing the link, in case this is interesting for others as well.
You haven't found anything new since it's the same program shown in my 1st post above.

Last edited:

Momoko-hime

Jun 19, 2021
You haven't found anything new since it's the same program shown in my 1st post above.
Yes, but just throwing me the program, without any guide or explanation, wasn't very helpful.
Also, saying something like, "try which apps you can remove, and if you remove the wrong apps and brick your phone, it's your fault" - that wasn't very helpful either.

The guide I posted shows how to remove the bloatware apps, and which are safe to remove, none of which was pointed out by you, and that's why I posted the link.

Yes, but just throwing me the program, without any guide or explanation, wasn't very helpful.
Also, saying something like, "try which apps you can remove, and if you remove the wrong apps and brick your phone, it's your fault" - that wasn't very helpful either.

The guide I posted shows how to remove the bloatware apps, and which are safe to remove, none of which was pointed out by you, and that's why I posted the link.
Even with this tool, you will not have the result of a Chinese rom,especially the features.
(At worst by removing everything, nothing works but it does not destroy the phone.)

Momoko-hime

Jun 19, 2021
Even with this tool, you will not have the result of a Chinese rom,especially the features.
(At worst by removing everything, nothing works but it does not destroy the phone.)
Yes, I know, but Chinese 12.5 rom for Mi 10T Pro / K30s isn't out yet, so I have to wait for it, and might just as well try this debloating in the meantime.
The guide tells you which bloatware is safe to remove, so no worries there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Momoko-hime

Top Liked Posts