Best launcher

Search This thread

schimi

Aug 30, 2007
Pilsen
Nova Launcher Prime + Tesla Unread

+ icon packs (best with TouchWiz icon pack)
+ gestures (swipe down for notification, swipe up for system settings, icon swipe on appgrid icon for nova settings....etc.)
+ customizable grid, padding and subgrid placement
+ fluid and smooth animations
+ hide/unhide text captions for icons, individual change of icons

- backup/import of settings only manual and local storage

|||||

Jul 21, 2016
Nova Launcher all the way! :good:

Have used this launcher exclusively on all my phones for the past many years.

I did the same, Nova Launcher is really the best Launcher so far.
This is the real deal !!

I love to just swipe up or down to launch the app drawer and to have a vertical scroll.
Just configure it properly. Everything is possible with it ;)

thegrants82

Mar 23, 2014
I did the same, Nova Launcher is really the best Launcher so far.
This is the real deal !!

I love to just swipe up or down to launch the app drawer and to have a vertical scroll.
Just configure it properly. Everything is possible with it ;)
Actually everything is not possible with it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

marvelspires

Feb 25, 2010
I also like the nova launcher. But in my late s6 and s7 in my now feel that it leaves the slower UI animations when I go back to the standard TouchWiz UI is fast again. I've tried several ways, but always the animations are slow but with the nova launcher.

midnightrider

Jun 6, 2016
I read through the whole thread, for the guys sticking with the stock launcher, can you give some pros for keeping it stock? I've only had the phone for 3 days, and coming from an HTC One M7, so far I like the Sense home way better than the TouchWiz one. I'd like to give the stock a shot, but I really can't find anything I like about it. Any suggestions on why I should keep stock instead of using something like Nova?

Why do you need suggestions? Use what you like? The stock launcher is fine imho. If you want more control and more options Nova is great. Try the free versions. Nova works even better on my Tab S2 than it does on my S7 for some reason.

BTW guys dumb question since I am new to Android when you buy an app it is tied to the device right? I mean if you have a bunch of phones and tablets you have to buy a license for each one or do you get some kind of code you can enter in all your devices? And does buying a license usually mean you get new versions for life or do you have to pay again etc. Thanks.

Spirit81

Feb 22, 2006
Zagreb
Why do you need suggestions? Use what you like? The stock launcher is fine imho. If you want more control and more options Nova is great. Try the free versions. Nova works even better on my Tab S2 than it does on my S7 for some reason.

BTW guys dumb question since I am new to Android when you buy an app it is tied to the device right? I mean if you have a bunch of phones and tablets you have to buy a license for each one or do you get some kind of code you can enter in all your devices? And does buying a license usually mean you get new versions for life or do you have to pay again etc. Thanks.
Its tied to you google acc, not device

Reactions: midnightrider

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Make sure to login to games with your Google account to sync your progress across devices. Most games have this feature but not all, not sure why every developer doesn't include this.

mickielli15

Dec 18, 2008
If anyone tried Lighting Launcher, never go back. Folders in folders, moving, even twisting icons, you can not only arrange your environment, you can DESIGN it... for advanced users is even scripting there, this is future-miracle launcher -not only because of its 900Kb size. Try and good luck, playing with Lighting Launcher is like Pokemon GO, you can not stop :) ... but first you have to learn a bit, because it is not only launcher, I can say, it is like new operating system a little bit.
This is another kind of view to manage Android. I use it last few years and strongly recomended.. ciao guys.

das.dian24

Nov 15, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone II
How bout nano launcher? Its simple, clean, fast. Only downside is, no gesture support yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160802-040250.jpg
    Screenshot_20160802-040250.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_20160802-040257.jpg
    Screenshot_20160802-040257.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 314

Shafty

Sep 20, 2007
I really don't like the default app drawer, so I am looking for a 3rd party replacement. So far I have used Nova Launcher Prime on the previous phone, which one do you recommend?
Really surprised that no one has mentioned this in the thread but it's quite simple to just disable the app drawer altogether! I have mine disabled as I'm used to MIUI roms.

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-labs-feature-galaxy-s7-lets-you-turn-app-drawer

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i used to use nova launcher on my previous phones ( SG3, OPO...) and now on my S7 : i'm still satisfied!!!!
    Smart Launcher or Nova for me. I am currently on Smart Launcher because it has been flawless on my s7 with running the animations in/out of launcher and it is pretty much a single home page launcher, which I prefer.
    S Launcher Prime
    Nova Launcher all the way! :good:

Have used this launcher exclusively on all my phones for the past many years.
    No love for apex launcher!? Been using it for years, no complaints. Very customizable.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone