Best Mate 20 Pro cases?

Search This thread
The big 3

14b3tt.jpg

Reactions: isko01

steadly2004

Sep 6, 2011
Hello people,
Has anyone tried the UAG Monarch case with any curved screen protector?
I have seen "3D" glass protectors that cover all the way down to the sides of the screen and "2.5D" that cover half way down the curve of the screen.
I wonder if the UAG Monarch would work with a "2.5D" glass.
I have the monarch case. Love it, but doesn't play well with QI charging.

Just installed tonight a curved glass screen protector. Plays well. Listed as case friendly and it is. Actually isn't perfect and the notch cut out isn't angled perfectly with the actual notch. However it seems to cover the screen completely. Can't speak to longevity. Definitely a different application since it's a UV activated glue. I also had a left over UV light from an expensive whitstone dome glass that cracked way too easy.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5KFXVK?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Harry3GTech

Oct 3, 2005
I have the monarch case. Love it, but doesn't play well with QI charging.

Just installed tonight a curved glass screen protector. Plays well. Listed as case friendly and it is. Actually isn't perfect and the notch cut out isn't angled perfectly with the actual notch. However it seems to cover the screen completely. Can't speak to longevity. Definitely a different application since it's a UV activated glue. I also had a left over UV light from an expensive whitstone dome glass that cracked way too easy.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5KFXVK?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Thanks for the feedback @steadly2004.
Can you please elaborate a bit more on the Qi Charging problem? Which charger are you using? the Huawei wireless charger claims it can support up to 5mm phone-to-charger distance, but I think the case is thick so it can be an issue.
I also used a Kugi (Amazon) curved glass screen protector (UV Application). It was tricky to install and left a lot of glue residue that was difficult to clean completely after the application. It covers perfectly, feels silky smooth, feels robust (hits from car keys etc so far left no visible marks) and fits fine with the Monarch case. The fingerprint functionality is a hit and miss though.

Last edited:

steadly2004

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback @steadly2004.
Can you please elaborate a bit more on the Qi Charging problem? Which charger are you using? the Hua CP60 claims it can support up to 5mm thickness., but I think the case is thicker than this.
I also used a Kugi (Amazon) curved glass screen protector (UV Application). It was tricky to install and left a lot of glue residue that was difficult to clean completely after the application. It covers perfectly, feels silky smooth, feels robust (hits from car keys etc so far left no visible marks) and fits fine with the Monarch case. The fingerprint functionality is a hit and miss though.
We'll. It works, but the location that it will charge is smaller with the case. Kinda like you have to be exactly over the spot with less room for error of position.

I tried to use it overnight one day and woke to find it was bumped ever so slightly and so I had a half charged phone for all day. Not a big deal since the battery lasts so we'll, but I wouldn't trust it overnight again. At least not without more testing.

That's using the official Huawei wireless charger and a Huawei charger connected. Although it wasn't the USB C charger that came with the phone. Maybe that would help.

wpy

May 7, 2007
Hi pal I'm using the ringke fusion case too, I noticed your using a screen protector which one did you buy, mine didn't fit with the case on

Thanks in advance
I had it installed in a local phone shop here in Singapore. They used loca to install. They said the tgsp is a "case friendly version" so the coverage is only on the actual display not the full front glass. you can see a rather big gap on the top and bottom from the edge of the case to the tgsp. Some complained it was very ugly. I am just fine with it.

Reactions: bash156

Harry3GTech

Oct 3, 2005
We'll. It works, but the location that it will charge is smaller with the case. Kinda like you have to be exactly over the spot with less room for error of position.

I tried to use it overnight one day and woke to find it was bumped ever so slightly and so I had a half charged phone for all day. Not a big deal since the battery lasts so we'll, but I wouldn't trust it overnight again. At least not without more testing.

That's using the official Huawei wireless charger and a Huawei charger connected. Although it wasn't the USB C charger that came with the phone. Maybe that would help.

Thanks for the feedback. I would recommend that you try with the 40W charger that came with the phone (the 15W wireless charger should come with a 40W CP60 wall charger in the box). The Qi chargers operate at around 55-60% efficiency so if you used a wall harger with less than 40W capability it will not work ok.

Last edited:

steadly2004

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I would recommend that you try with the 40W charger that came with the phone (the 15W wireless charger should come with a 40W CP60 wall charger in the box). The Qi chargers operate at around 55-60% efficiency so if you used a wall harger with less than 40W capability it will not work ok.
I did with the 40w charger that came with the phone. It's about the same. Take the case off and you have much more room for error. With the case on, it works but you must have it positioned just right. So, it does work.

The charger didn't come with the plug in 40w charger. It's a CP60 on the back. And with a quick search, it's the right one. Came in Huawei packaging.

Last edited:
Hi,

Can you tel me whic is better Ringke or UAG? And is Ringke good case for protect Mate 20 Pro when phone fall?

The UAG offers the best drop protection imho but the Ringke isn't that bad either and is slimmer and lighter than the UAG. The Ringke is also better when it comes to overall grip. I like them both to be honest.

isko01

Apr 4, 2015
The UAG offers the best drop protection imho but the Ringke isn't that bad either and is slimmer and lighter than the UAG. The Ringke is also better when it comes to overall grip. I like them both to be honest.

I had UAG on my P20 Pro, but know I wanted to change. The UAG was very good protection. Your phone can fall and it is very safe. My P20 Pro was fall several times with UAG and it was ok.

I hope i didnt make mistake buying Ringke, and the Ringke is very good protector for Mate 20 Pro. :/

I had UAG on my P20 Pro, but know I wanted to change. The UAG was very good protection. Your phone can fall and it is very safe. My P20 Pro was fall several times with UAG and it was ok.

I hope i didnt make mistake buying Ringke, and the Ringke is very good protector for Mate 20 Pro. :/

Ringke is a good choice and it should survive daily abuse. I don't see any issues with Ringke as it should protect your phone well.

abhifusion

Nov 30, 2011
Pune
Got Ringke fusion case delivered today. Fit is perfect & it doesn't obstruct tempered glass too! :)

Have two extra cases, had ordered 3 since there was some offer on ebay.com, PM me for details.

Attachments

• DSC_0096_result.jpg
    DSC_0096_result.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,350
  • DSC_0092_result.jpg
    DSC_0092_result.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,405
  • DSC_0102_result.jpg
    DSC_0102_result.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,362
  • DSC_0101_result.jpg
    DSC_0101_result.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,338

DarkAlpha

Feb 9, 2008
Near Geneva - Switzerland
Hi all,

i just bought and received this case : SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Style Clear Protective Case

https://www.supcase.com/huawei-mate-20-pro-unicorn-beetle-style-case

I bought it on Amazon (in France).

I really fit very well with M20P and full compatible with my curved tempered glass.
The case is quite slim and protect very well the M20P .

Attachments

• i-Blason-huawei-mate-20-pro-unicorn-beetle-style-case-black-32.jpg
    i-Blason-huawei-mate-20-pro-unicorn-beetle-style-case-black-32.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 600

Top Liked Posts