Best model for UK?

Search This thread

rubiicon59

Mar 8, 2015
Liverpool
I'm considering getting a ROG 2 and would appreciate any input as to the best variant to use here in the UK.
Advice from UK users that have the ROG 2 in particular.
I'm currently on Three network, using a Huawei P30 Pro. The lack of b/l unlock and rooting is quite frustrating so I'm looking at the ROG 2.

Cheers

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
I'm considering getting a ROG 2 and would appreciate any input as to the best variant to use here in the UK.
Advice from UK users that have the ROG 2 in particular.
I'm currently on Three network, using a Huawei P30 Pro. The lack of b/l unlock and rooting is quite frustrating so I'm looking at the ROG 2.

Cheers
Well if ur on 3 network, I'm pretty sure they use band 20 for lte. So don't go for a Tencent version, they don't have b20. You might have to bite the bullet and buy UK version. Tho, I'm still not sure if this has b20, you'll need to check

gazm1990

Nov 5, 2017
Well if ur on 3 network, I'm pretty sure they use band 20 for lte. So don't go for a Tencent version, they don't have b20. You might have to bite the bullet and buy UK version. Tho, I'm still not sure if this has b20, you'll need to check

I have the 512gb global version bought from ASUS UK and can confirm that it has band 20 LTE. The only issue you will have is that to access the band 20 on 3 you have to have a voLTE enabled device which the ROG 2 isn't unfortunately

Reactions: reg66

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
I have the 512gb global version bought from ASUS UK and can confirm that it has band 20 LTE. The only issue you will have is that to access the band 20 on 3 you have to have a voLTE enabled device which the ROG 2 isn't unfortunately
Ahh ok, thanks for the informative post. Have you tried the guide to enabling Volte?

rubiicon59

Mar 8, 2015
Liverpool
Thanks to the posters above.
Tbh I thought there would have been more advice from UK users, this forum is much more active than the one for my Huawei P30 Pro.

Maybe there will be a little more input now I've bumped this thread.
Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone