Best Music Player for Android?

Search This thread

Super2cool

Jul 15, 2012
Hey guys... I was just wondering what is your best music player for android?

In my own opinion, PowerAmp is great but its more music freaks. I really do not need an equalizer and all the fancy features that PowerAmp has. However, I do like PowerAmp a lot because it was able to play almost every kind of music file I threw its way.

Another great music player in my opinion is PlayerPro. It is easy to use and it is interface is nice. It does not have any of the fancy feature of PowerAmp such as the equalizer and that is a plus in my book. However, it is able to play almost any type of music file and that is awesome.

I like the Google Music player too. It does what I need it to do for the most part but I don't like the fact that it supports a limited amount of formats.

I found this site as a cool site for more about the best android apps:
Best Music Player for Android

DISCLAIMER: The site I listed above belongs to ME. If you have any questions or want to give some feedback... send me a PM.

Last edited:

Super2cool

Jul 15, 2012
A lot of people have been telling me about n7 and PlayerPro.

I am relatively familar with playerpro but I have no clue about n7.

What exactly makes n7 so good? I heard they have a nice theme but what else?

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
I use Zplayer. I like the WP7 style pulse it has tons of options like a EQ, Album Art and editing, Lyrics, Radio stations and also plays Videos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

3UR0TR45H

Jun 29, 2011
Bellingham
UberMusic is beautiful and runs awesome. I recommend the zune skin to go with it. It really adds to the whole experience.

I had PowerAmp too and it is very nice but I'm all about the clean aesthetic which UberMusic has and PowerAmp does not.

MIUI music always worked well too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
After having paid for launcher pro and having the dev abandon it with empty promises, I'm kinda reluctant to run with uber music.

Player pro (paid) has the best interface in my opinion. (ics theme), and very good folder support. (keeps the parent folder intact) so I can browse my folders by artist and more.
BUT it is a bit buggy. Id tagging doesn't stick, notification widget on jelly bean freezes, no fade in/out on play, pause, resume. Average song quality.

Power amp is less buggy, notification widget is perfect on jb, and it has better sound quality than playerpro (could be placebo)
Unfortunately I find the interface less intuitive and way less user friendly, and the folder browser plainly sucks. It doesn't respect parent folders, so i cannot browse by a folder structure. Good id tagging though, but doesn't do bulk tagging.

I've been going back and forth between them (having paid for both), atm I'm running power amp.

I wish I could have a music player with proper folder browsing, proper bulk id tagging, simple interface, great quality playback, fade in/out play etc

Most players have very poor folder browsing support, such as default players, google music, apollo, etc.

I'd love some good advice on the perfect player (playerpro and poweramp marriage?)

Sent from my mind using telepathy..

Reactions: Gnosishunter

helix massacre

May 7, 2012
After having paid for launcher pro and having the dev abandon it with empty promises, I'm kinda reluctant to run with uber music.

Player pro (paid) has the best interface in my opinion. (ics theme), and very good folder support. (keeps the parent folder intact) so I can browse my folders by artist and more.
BUT it is a bit buggy. Id tagging doesn't stick, notification widget on jelly bean freezes, no fade in/out on play, pause, resume. Average song quality.

Power amp is less buggy, notification widget is perfect on jb, and it has better sound quality than playerpro (could be placebo)
Unfortunately I find the interface less intuitive and way less user friendly, and the folder browser plainly sucks. It doesn't respect parent folders, so i cannot browse by a folder structure. Good id tagging though, but doesn't do bulk tagging.

I've been going back and forth between them (having paid for both), atm I'm running power amp.

I wish I could have a music player with proper folder browsing, proper bulk id tagging, simple interface, great quality playback, fade in/out play etc

Most players have very poor folder browsing support, such as default players, google music, apollo, etc.

I'd love some good advice on the perfect player (playerpro and poweramp marriage?)

Sent from my mind using telepathy..
I agree with you on the uber music thing...it has been abandoned and it seems the dev has started a few other projects that have gone the same way but I find zplayer to be the next best thing and yes it does get updates when it needs it

My teardrop icons :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1826727

Super2cool

Jul 15, 2012
I use Zplayer. I like the WP7 style pulse it has tons of options like a EQ, Album Art and editing, Lyrics, Radio stations and also plays Videos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ZPlayer seems like a very cool player. I am going to check it out and add it into my review on AppDigy.. .

Just wondering.. since you have used it.. Do all the features work as promised? Smooth? no crashes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys... I was just wondering what is your best music player for android?

In my own opinion, PowerAmp is great but its more music freaks. I really do not need an equalizer and all the fancy features that PowerAmp has. However, I do like PowerAmp a lot because it was able to play almost every kind of music file I threw its way.

Another great music player in my opinion is PlayerPro. It is easy to use and it is interface is nice. It does not have any of the fancy feature of PowerAmp such as the equalizer and that is a plus in my book. However, it is able to play almost any type of music file and that is awesome.

I like the Google Music player too. It does what I need it to do for the most part but I don't like the fact that it supports a limited amount of formats.

I found this site as a cool site for more about the best android apps:
    Best Music Player for Android

DISCLAIMER: The site I listed above belongs to ME. If you have any questions or want to give some feedback... send me a PM.
    player pro with ics skin
    To: WhiteiceDMSTech

Here's the newer version of Noozy just in case you're still into it.

https://www.box.com/s/pkvfwflqlvd553p1mgtl

Sorry, I had to store it on my box account... :(
    I love ZPlayer<3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    PlayerPro, PowerAmp and Uber Music. Uber Music is a music player whose dev is same as that of LauncherPro. So, now you can guess how smooth and user friendly it could be. ;)

Sent from my LG-E730 using Tapatalk 2