Best OnePlus 6 Screen Protectors

Search This thread

TheNetwork

Apr 6, 2011
What's a good screen protector to use with a case that has a more heavy duty (thicker) lip? My skinomi worked well but I dropped my phone on something today and the screen protector ate **** to save the screen. It's still protective but there's a big ugly mark on it now where the adhesive got messed up and the film got cut. The application of those and how they kind of over-stretch annoys the hell out of me though, so I don't want another skinomi.

Tempered glass or plastic, either way.

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I figured I'd update on my experience with the omoton tgsp since I've had it on for close to two months. I stand behind my original comments that this is as good if not better than the Oneplus tgsp. Went on easier for sure. After two months it still looks great. Still 100% adhered to the screen. No problems on any edges. I'm extremely happy with this sp and I would recommend it.

annie764

Nov 7, 2018
I figured I'd update on my experience with the omoton tgsp since I've had it on for close to two months. I stand behind my original comments that this is as good if not better than the Oneplus tgsp. Went on easier for sure. After two months it still looks great. Still 100% adhered to the screen. No problems on any edges. I'm extremely happy with this sp and I would recommend it.

Can you tell us how the borders are and whether they cover part of the screen? (Pictures of the borders would be great!)

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can you tell us how the borders are and whether they cover part of the screen? (Pictures of the borders would be great!)

It's pretty good. I can turn far enough to one side or the other and the border from the wallpaper disappears because of the thickness of the SP and it's black border, but nobody is going to be using their phone like that so that shouldn't matter.

Attachments

• 20181208_221441.jpg
    20181208_221441.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 482
  • 20181208_221514.jpg
    20181208_221514.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 20181208_221522.jpg
    20181208_221522.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 486

Harmtan2

Feb 26, 2013
Salt Lake City
I can only say mine installed exactly as shown in the movie.
I wiped the phone clean, put the protector on and pushed it down.
Some very small bubbles were visible at the bottom but after applying some pressure they were all gone.

I'm stoked for you on that. Mine did not install like the video. It was slightly shorter than the display & halo'd around the edges pretty bad.

annie764

Nov 7, 2018
It's pretty good. I can turn far enough to one side or the other and the border from the wallpaper disappears because of the thickness of the SP and it's black border, but nobody is going to be using their phone like that so that shouldn't matter.

Nice! Do you use some app to resize the phone screen? Or was that app just coloring the border?

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Just to make sure I've got you right. This tgsp did NOT hiding anything on the screen if to look straight?

Do you care to share the link where to buy it? I cannot find it on Amazon neither in Canada neither in US

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just to make sure I've got you right. This tgsp did NOT hiding anything on the screen if to look straight?

Do you care to share the link where to buy it? I cannot find it on Amazon neither in Canada neither in US

eh I can't say zero cut-off.... The clear area of the screen protector appears to be exactly the size of the phone screen. Therefore, if you don't get this thing on PERFECT you might lose a few pixels on one side or the other. Mine for example is off a few pixels to the right. It only bothers me because I'm a perfectionist, not because it hinders my phone experience.

Currently unavailable! so I guess there's not point in continuing discussion... (They've moved on to the 6T?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5RN1RX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: starche_old

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
eh I can't say zero cut-off.... The clear area of the screen protector appears to be exactly the size of the phone screen. Therefore, if you don't get this thing on PERFECT you might lose a few pixels on one side or the other. Mine for example is off a few pixels to the right. It only bothers me because I'm a perfectionist, not because it hinders my phone experience.
I'm perfectionist as well, so you my pain:) but IF to get it right, otherwise it's perfect, right? Where you've got it? Seems this tgsp disappeared from everywhere

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm perfectionist as well, so you my pain:) but IF to get it right, otherwise it's perfect, right? Where you've got it? Seems this tgsp disappeared from everywhere

You're right! I updated my post above. I could only find one for the 6T (which comes with an alignment tool!). When I looked back at my past order it says it's not available. Good thing it was a two pack. I still have one extra just in case. Unfortunately that doesn't help you guys though.

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
You're right! I updated my post above. I could only find one for the 6T (which comes with an alignment tool!). When I looked back at my past order it says it's not available. Good thing it was a two pack. I still have one extra just in case. Unfortunately that doesn't help you guys though.
That's sux big times, but I guess it is what it is. I need to be careful with my phone.

Really stupid question. I still missing the point why the heck the vendors are using those black burgers. I can see the point of doing that when the addressee is on the edges only. But if adhesive is all over the glass, why you need these borders?

Thank you for your help,buddy:good:

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's sux big times, but I guess it is what it is. I need to be careful with my phone.

Really stupid question. I still missing the point why the heck the vendors are using those black burgers. I can see the point of doing that when the addressee is on the edges only. But if adhesive is all over the glass, why you need these borders?

Thank you for your help,buddy:good:

I don't know this for certain, but I think the black borders are just a countermeasure to the Halo effect the plagued manufacturers since curved screens began.

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
I don't know this for certain, but I think the black borders are just a countermeasure to the Halo effect the plagued manufacturers since curved screens began.
"Let's agree to disagree"
Boris the "Animal", MiB3 :)

I just came from galaxy s9+. Over there I used to have the very best TGSP money can buy (Whitestone Some}. Screen on s9+is curved much more than here (in fact, I didn't realize it's curved on OP6 until you mentioned that). But TGSP had nor halo effect nor black borders.

I guess there should be something else involved.

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
"Let's agree to disagree"
Boris the "Animal", MiB3 :)

I just came from galaxy s9+. Over there I used to have the very best TGSP money can buy (Whitestone Some}. Screen on s9+is curved much more than here (in fact, I didn't realize it's curved on OP6 until you mentioned that). But TGSP had nor halo effect nor black borders.

I guess there should be something else involved.

Yeah there's a reason it cost so much. Unfortunately not all manufacturers put the work in like whitestone. I had one on my note 8.... the only sp I ever had to have on my note 8. My wife still has her note 8 with the whitestone I put on it when it was new :D

They're the exception and not the rule. Most other manufacturers that want to push out product fast and cheap have been plagued with the halo effect due to inconsistent quality. Black borders hide this. Just my opinion. :silly:

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Yeah there's a reason it cost so much. Unfortunately not all manufacturers put the work in like whitestone. I had one on my note 8.... the only sp I ever had to have on my note 8. My wife still has her note 8 with the whitestone I put on it when it was new :D

They're the exception and not the rule. Most other manufacturers that want to push out product fast and cheap have been plagued with the halo effect due to inconsistent quality. Black borders hide this. Just my opinion. :silly:
Yes, I guess u r right. How we'll get Whitestone glass for OP7

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand but this is how my screen looks on a daily basis

I'm trying to show the black borders of the protector do not affect the screen in daily use, well not for me anyway

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Think for a second about what you are saying. You are trying to capture something that's on top of your screen with a screenshot. That's completely nonsensical.

A screenshot cannot capture the screen protector, just like a screenshot cannot capture your finger or your face. You can completely cover the screen with duct tape and still make 100% unobstructed screenshots.
    I have ordered OnePlus 6 today.. And waiting that would come tomorrow.. This time it's almost 95 percent glass so protector would be must need to keep the device mint, especially for the BACK!!
    So Let me start of the thread for the OnePlus 6 Screen Protector.
    I have ordered OnePlus 6 Full body screen protector from the Gadgetshieldz.
    And I hope this time it's merely impossible to get the best TGP soon. Please let know your suggestions.

Finally got my Gadgetshieldz protectors and applied it. The protector is fitting well and all the holes are perfect. Important part is, its providing lot of grip to the OP6 which is very slippery without the protector. Might go for a Tempered Glass for the screen if I find a decent one but the back protector is a keeper. Take a look at the images of the protectors applied on my OP6. Can't go wrong with these for a low price.

I just don't get any of this. It's confusing to me.

I haven't looked into TGSPs since the OP3 (which was a nightmare). So let me get this straight:

• Display manufacturers started producing 2.5d displays with NOT A SINGLE added benefit to the user.
    • In fact, users looking to further protect the screens of their devices have to deal with countless compromises, because of this 2.5d production method.
    • These compromises may include: (1) LOSING screen real-estate that you just paid money for, (2) LOSING responsiveness of your screen, (3) leaving the edges of the screen uncovered and UNPROTECTED, (4) being left with UGLY dot-matrix- and halo-effects, (5) CUTTING your fingers on TG edges that won't stay down and (6) being forced to apply some type of oily GOOP from a random AliExpress seller to seal off the edges around your screen protector.
    Apparently it's impossible to:

• Create a mold that allows for production of TGSPs that actually fit the shape of these ridiculous 2.5d displays. (EDIT2: apparently this is completely possible, it's just that no one bothered to do it for the OP6. See for example Whitestone Dome protectors for e.g. the recent Samsung Galaxy phones, which have an even more pronounced curve in their displays)
    • STOP manufacturing phones with this backwards and retarded 2.5d feature.

I'm severely disappointed that this issue still hasn't been solved since the widespread introduction of 2.5d displays a little more than two years ago.

I can only conclude that display manufacturers are actively trying to prevent us from protecting our displays. 2.5d screens are a DISGUSTING planned obsolescence tactic.

EDIT:

...and 2.5d!? Are they even serious?!

"Yeah, we added HALF AN ADDITIONAL DIMENSION for you to enjoy!"

Eat my shorts. No one created any new dimensions. Phone screens are still 2d. The only things that are added are more opportunities to break and replace your phone.

/RANT

So... Which TGSP do I buy?
    This is by far the best screen protector for my Oneplus 6. There are absolutely no gaps.Also, I am using the Nylon Case from Oneplus and it fits perfectly. Extremely satisfied

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...788.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34824c4d47Mwpi
    Here are some more pics, hopefully they help someone.

CHYI tgsp, under 5$ on AliExpress