• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best place to buy PC parts?

Search This thread

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
What do you guys use?

I usually compare Amazon and NewEgg and just go with whichever has the better price.

Also, anyone remember CompUSA before it went out of business? :cool:
ah, so... XDA has a PC tech side now... yes...

anyways, I like to check amazon for free shipping and decent "warehouse" specials
bhphoto for tax free sales to my island, and usually very strict about pricing (they actually do MSRP)
newegg isn't really that good for me for years, they've raised shipping prices tooooo much, and pricing is not really competitive because of that.
ebay for used motherboard for older platforms... (ivy bridge / haswell...) and laptop parts...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Use to use Mwave but they died. Mouser Electronics or Digikey for components and various electronic supplies.
Newegg and Amazon but I wish there were more.
Amazon is especially hated...

Reactions: Droid_Nut
Easy now!
Things have changed a quite a bit, on Where and When, Personal users can purchase "Parts" (Parts=just about anything, in the Box, Tower, and even Laptops tablets) Dont work in a lab or do it for a living... Lab , might be cool, then again, might not!
Now, it really depends on the scope of the project. IF I am building for someone else, I do my homework and really get to find out IF or When I can get a certain list of parts (Mostly the most newest Intel part, that you just can go to a box store, and walk out with said part, why ? ) then get what I can/need!
OK, now that said, I use Digikey, Newegg Amazon, Microcenter to actually name a few. Have found a few others, but they are in bed with the Major company- (Hint Check out AMD and Intel- they have certain suppliers. This list, has changed, - opens up other places, but if you want the newest, latest xyz part, might be in for a wait)
Never use Best Buy. for Internal Parts, too $$$$ !
Short list is Amazon and Newegg, ...
Hope this can help

D

Deleted member 10260383

Newegg.com only inside USA, right?
Or they send overseas?

finessefigure

Mar 15, 2019
Saint Clairsville, oh
im just gonna go and say amazon will only be PC parts not laptop, and limited. if you want motherboards, specific and usually cheaper deals would be ebay. newegg if you ass is wiped with gold bars and amazon if you want fast shipping and moderate prices. ebay is a very reluctant tool sometines. and if you're not flaking gold bars, and want to find a relatively fast option is to buy a motherboard for an i5, i7, laptop off ebay and just using the hdmi ports, for display and external keybaord and mouse. just an idea i did at rough times.

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
Does anyone here had gone to computer shows? When I was building my own PC, I used to go to the computer show and checked the parts and bought them. The company that organized the computer shows had decided to stop doing that because of the internet, less people going to the shows. I will have to build a new PC b/c the one I am using is not compatible with Windows 11, and I also need one that can handle more resources for day trading.
The OP had mentioned about CompUSA, which brings back memory about the first PC (complete package) that I bought with them. The package cost was $1500.

• Love
Reactions: enfermo

jackhardy

Dec 19, 2020
UK
I would prefer Amazon and BuyKingston. I have been using Hyperx RAM for more than 11 months and it's doing the job pretty well for me. Till now, my PC is running like a beast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CompUSA was nice, back in the early days
    I try to use newegg when possible, but It's hard to beat Amazon prime offers. But, my secret weapon is always newegg.com. Check their daily deals as often as possible. All of my best tech deals have been from there.
    What do you guys use?

I usually compare Amazon and NewEgg and just go with whichever has the better price.

Also, anyone remember CompUSA before it went out of business? :cool:
    Use to use Mwave but they died. Mouser Electronics or Digikey for components and various electronic supplies.
    Newegg and Amazon but I wish there were more.
    Amazon is especially hated...
    Oh yeah. t's been awhile, but I've ordered form there before

Me too, probably 15 years ago?