Best place to buy PC parts?

Search This thread

flash713

May 7, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I have never found anything on Amazon that I couldn't find on eBay for a cheaper price. I don't mean used things either. eBay has great deals on open box and barely used parts but they also have some of the best deals on new PC parts as well. eBay has always beat Amazon for me. But if you want a super deal and you dont have a problem using used products Facebook marketplace is the spot. I'm no fan of Facebook but I've gotten some out of this world deals there a few times.

I paid $130 USD for a (used) Dell Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower i7 6700 PC on eBay. I ended up getting a new motherboard for it from eBay $32, Two (new) Western Digital 4TB HDD's- eBay $60 each, A (new) Samsung Evo plus 970 500gb M.2 2280 PCIe v3 SSD ($52 eBay), 32gb ram-4x8gb sticks of 2133 mhz DDR4 new off eBay for $105, Noctura low profile cooler (new) $48 from eBay. Now my Dell compiles custom roms silent and does it quite well. :D

(Edited)

When it comes to new and used PC parts I shop Newegg and Ebay.

Last edited:

bob099

Jul 5, 2022
Marginal opinion here. I enjoy working with older obsolete systems. This leads to buying parts on eBay and Aliexpress and consider getting burned occasionally just part of the cost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CompUSA was nice, back in the early days
    I try to use newegg when possible, but It's hard to beat Amazon prime offers. But, my secret weapon is always newegg.com. Check their daily deals as often as possible. All of my best tech deals have been from there.
    I buy very often used from Hardforum.com, Red flag deals BST forum, eBay is very good for used corporate systems, in general, I buy many used parts as you save a ton of money. On Reddit, Hardware swap, Canadian Hardware Swap, Hardwarecanucks.com BST forum. This week I got a Lenovo M900 sff PC for 180cad with i5-6500/8GB ram/256 GB SSD and Windows 10 pro for my GF as an HTPC. Pretty sweet deal.
    You also have GreenPCgamers if you think of buying a cheap workstation and upgrade it for gaming, work or both.
    What do you guys use?

I usually compare Amazon and NewEgg and just go with whichever has the better price.

Also, anyone remember CompUSA before it went out of business? :cool:
    Banggood.com I don't know why but I like banggood.com

But they are more of an amazon of the eastern world than computer specialty.