• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best ROM (2021) for Tab 2 10.1

Search This thread

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
bro can you tell me how to unlock bootloder of my device
Sorry man, I cannot because I myself have never done it. I first installed TWRP on my tab using this method :

1) I downloaded the Kingroot apk
2) Then I installed it and rooted my tab
3) Then I installed the Ofiicial TWRP app
4) Then I selected my device and downloaded the recovery
5) Then I flashed the recovery using the app
6) Then I installled the android 6 custom rom !

NOTE :
- The app mentioned in step 1) is a Malware so make sure that you don't have any sensitive information of yours in the tab before installing it.
- Select the correct device modeel in the TWRP app.
- This method can be called dirty method so make sure you backup any important data stored in your device.
- Also you are responsible for your own actions and if you brick your device, it's all your fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: eroldru

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Sorry man, I cannot because I myself have never done it. I first installed TWRP on my tab using this method :

NOTE :
- The app mentioned in step 1) is a Malware so make sure that you don't have any sensitive information of yours in the tab before installing it.
- This method can be called dirty method so make sure you backup any important data stored in your device.
- Also you are responsible for your own actions and if you brick your device, it's all your fault.
Bootloader of tab 2 is not locked, i dunno how this is neceessary

zorak20

Dec 24, 2012
And even this is fast I think ( I myself haven't tried it though)
I wanted to test it but I don't want to go through all the downgrade process if it's not as fast as the 6.0 so I'm not sure if I will

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
plz tell me whats is this problem
Why don't you try the method here which I have given in this thread. I too don't know the Odin method

zorak20

Dec 24, 2012
Why don't you try the method here which I have given in this thread. I too don't know the Odin method
I installed recovery with odin 2 days ago and then the different roms with the recovery...not sure what you he needs but I can help with odin

Reactions: TheDoctor46
Oct 6, 2021
i have a question i rooted y device by using oden mode so after root i flash twrp recovery so i flash my room which is linage 14.1 so after i use itmy device is no more rooted why this happened

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
I have a question. I rooted my device by using odin mode so after root I flash twrp recovery so I flash my rom which is linage 14.1 so after I use it, my device is no more rooted. Why this happened ?
Because while installing a custom rom you have to wipe /data, /system, /internal storage, /cache. When you wipe the /system, everything is wiped including the earlier Android OS. When you rooted the device using odin, the earlier Android version got rooted and since you have to compulsorily wipe /system before installing a custom rom, the device lost root. Now that you have flashed Lineage OS 14, you'll have to flash SuperSU or Magisk zip, which you'll find on internet.

Reactions: Mighty

ikki411

Feb 24, 2018

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE :
    Thanks man! You saved me tons of time. Somehow the USB port is not working at all with my Tab 2 and your 6 steps made everything easyyy
    Depends on what you mean by "Best". If latest we have Oreo which is work in progress, but usually people use Marshmallow roms
    Puede instalarlo sin gapps. Si realiza todas las toallitas necesarias (básicamente sigue los pasos correctos), no se repetirá.
    Hi, I managed to install the omni_espressowifi-6.0.1-20200624-2120 rom without Gapps, let's try it and it looks good.
    Thank you very much for answering.

I leave the link in case someone wants to download it:
    It would be great if you provide your device model no. so that I can provide you with the roms. Gapps are universal so no problem with that.
    device model : GT-P5110
    screen size : 10.1''
    Nope ! everything you want to learn, learn it here. No personal chats. I can provide you with all the links and guides here.
    thankx bro
    I agree with the doc, the most stable and smooth is, by far, the 4.4.4 and the more you go "up" in android versions, the more slow and stable it gets.

So, as he did, I would recommend 4.4.4 or 6.0 roms, depending on the apps you need/want