• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best ROM Android 10 Nexus 6

Search This thread

ikramii

Sep 7, 2012
DKI Jakarta
Hi, im trying to ressurect my nexus 6 now. Im seaeching in xda and i found there is 2 custom ROM android 10 for nexus 6 which is Lineage OS 17.1 and Crdroid. Now i cant choose between those 2. Can someone tell me pros and cons between those 2? I prefer having smooth expe6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
CrDroid has a wealth of customisations, including a very effective Face Unlock. It's also (for me) totally stable.
LOS is also stable. Technically they are both excellent ROMs, and I guess it's just a case of personal preference.
Colt OS, which I loved in its Android 9 version but haven't tried in Android 10, is undoubtedly also worth a look.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/rom-coltos-shamu-t3709921

Last edited:

ikramii

Sep 7, 2012
DKI Jakarta
CrDroid has a wealth of customisations, including a very effective Face Unlock. It's also (for me) totally stable.

LOS is also stable. Technically they are both excellent ROMs, and I guess it's just a case of personal preference.

Colt OS, which I loved in its Android 9 version but haven't tried in Android 10, is undoubtedly also worth a look.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/rom-coltos-shamu-t3709921
So you have experience with crdroid and lineage? What did you prefer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I've used all three ROMs I've mentioned. I loved Colt 9, but installed CrDroid before Colt 10 came out and I'm more than happy with it. It's the one I use and recommend only because it has more customisations (I think) than LOS. I have LOS 17.1 on my Nexus 5 and it's great. But I suspect, based on my usage of Colt 9, that Colt customisations will also be great. I just like CrDroid 's Face Unlock so I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
Two comments:

1. LineageOS is the main place for the device specific code. Other roms mostly copy that from the LOS repositories. The result is that the different roms tend to build on the same foundation (and a very good foundation that is).

2. VoLTE and wifi-calling don't work on any Android 9 or 10 roms. (Though we hope that @wavedashdoc will help us with that at some point in the future). If you need that, stay on an old version. In particular, you need VoLTE for voice calls if your carrier has shut down their 3G net.

rdmetz

Sep 24, 2008
Is Verizon (or total wireless / straight talk mvno under them) one that has shut down 3g Network?