• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best ROMS for my device Huawei p20 lite(ANE-LX1 - Kirin SoC)?

Search This thread

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Hi all,

I have unlocked my device and is currently running LineageOS 16 from OpenKirin. There are a few things which does not work, like the camera app that comes with the OS as well as the notch, where icons goes beyond the notch. Someone suggested I try the OpenKirin Rom and that is how I got that specific ROM on my device.

I was wondering are there maybe other ROMS for this device? Like the one's mentioned in the article below?

https://www.getdroidtips.com/best-custom-rom-huawei-p20-lite/

It took me a long while to get everything running on this device, Magisk and EdXposed. So I just don't want to go and wipe my OS just to try 4 ROMS that does not work. Sure you have app backup for that but it would mean doing everything over almost on the device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I am rather new to custom ROMS so please bear with me!

n.sim

Mar 24, 2017
Huawei P20 Lite
Hi all,

I have unlocked my device and is currently running LineageOS 16 from OpenKirin. There are a few things which does not work, like the camera app that comes with the OS as well as the notch, where icons goes beyond the notch. Someone suggested I try the OpenKirin Rom and that is how I got that specific ROM on my device.

I was wondering are there maybe other ROMS for this device? Like the one's mentioned in the article below?

It took me a long while to get everything running on this device, Magisk and EdXposed. So I just don't want to go and wipe my OS just to try 4 ROMS that does not work. Sure you have app backup for that but it would mean doing everything over almost on the device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I am rather new to custom ROMS so please bear with me!
I don't know bro but I have the same question too. U installed one of the listed roms from the link you posted?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Hi all,

There is nothing like perfect Custom ROM. It is highly dependent upon the requirement of the user and his likes/dislikes. Every ROM has its importance and downsides. You can try flashing multiple ROMs to find the ROM which is suitable and best for you. There is no Custom ROM that is 100% bug free (it depends, among other things, on model, FW built number etc. etc.).
If you don’t prefer EMUI,* choose Havoc OS , AOSP Extended or LineageOS.
If you "hate" Google and Google's bloatware (like me :) ) only, you can simply rebrand your phone to chinese Nova 3e (among other things, better battery life, lower data consumption etc.)
Or, choose Custom ROM based on Stock with KangVip settings ( to get away from GAPPS) , stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

Availability of custom ROMs for Kirin devices is scarce.

Last edited:
Reactions: avenger.forsyth

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
I don't know bro but I have the same question too. U installed one of the listed roms from the link you posted?

Hi,

No i have not tried one of the recommended in that list i provided. It took me a very long time to get the phone unlocked! Then more bricks, soft and hard through the process :crying:

Magisk was not as hard to install but EdXposed was, and I also got my device stuck on a boot loop trying to get EdXposed to run. So yeah I took me a while to get it working.

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014

Don't bother trying any one of those ROMs listed in that post. I wasted a whole day trying to flash a ROM specified by that website. Look specifically for ROMs on XDA website.

I get more help here, and it has been tested already on our devices.

n.sim

Mar 24, 2017
Huawei P20 Lite
Don't bother trying any one of those ROMs listed in that post. I wasted a whole day trying to flash a ROM specified by that website. Look specifically for ROMs on XDA website.

I get more help here, and it has been tested already on our devices.
I flashed treble gsi rooted and with gapps on my ane-lx1 and everything works except fingerprint unlock after first reboot. But fingerprint gestures still working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

There is nothing like perfect Custom ROM. It is highly dependent upon the requirement of the user and his likes/dislikes. Every ROM has its importance and downsides. You can try flashing multiple ROMs to find the ROM which is suitable and best for you. There is no Custom ROM that is 100% bug free (it depends, among other things, on model, FW built number etc. etc.).
    If you don’t prefer EMUI,* choose Havoc OS , AOSP Extended or LineageOS.
    If you "hate" Google and Google's bloatware (like me :) ) only, you can simply rebrand your phone to chinese Nova 3e (among other things, better battery life, lower data consumption etc.)
    Or, choose Custom ROM based on Stock with KangVip settings ( to get away from GAPPS) , stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

Availability of custom ROMs for Kirin devices is scarce.
    If I currently have LineageOS 16 (Aug 2020 ver) can I use the AB partition?
    AB or A-only depend on EMUI version : 9.1 = AB, 8.0 = A-only.
    Good luck!