best rugged case?

Search This thread

lilmikey201

Sep 23, 2011
i do construction and just got the note 8 . looking for the best heavy duty/rugged case

i wanted the otterbox but read really bad things about it so i dont think ill get that
i . was looking at the spiegen tough armor its pretty cheap looks good and seems good

any suggestions?

L.O.V.E

Dec 30, 2012
So Here is my 2 cents.... The Tough Armor is a great choice BUT... only works well with a small number of CASE FRIENDLY screen protectors.... I am currently rocking the SAMSUNG BRANDED RUGGED CASE and I LOVE IT! Tough Armor will probably provide a little better DROP PROTECTION ( I'm guessing because of the 2 layered protection) but the Samsung seems tough enough and works with a FULL SCREEN PROTECTION FILM PROTECTOR, and LOOKS GREAT TO ME.

biggboii

Jul 24, 2009
Washington DC
Ghostek Nautical... hands down thee best. I've dropped this thing from atleast 15 feet up and not even a scratch on the bumper! Also waterproof to 20 foot down.

Hec1N1

Jul 4, 2014
I have the Urban Armor Gear Monarch, I like this over the Ghostek, a little more $$ but definitely worth it. I have a case friendly screen protector film on it too.

dantheman77

Jan 8, 2017
Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro
It is a very good price and good feeling.
Protects and feels better than the otterbox, lasts longer than the otterbox, protects better than the otterbox, has a belt clip, has a screen protector unlike the otterbox, WAY less money than the $70 otterbox, Wireless charging and NFC work through it, It is decently slim and easy to fit in mounts.
I have this case and have dropped my phone 9+ times and it sounded very soft when it dropped so it was good protection apparently :D
Around $7 to $12.