Best slim case I've found yet

Search This thread

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas

I have the SPigen thin fit - have used them on my previous 3 phones. They're great but there is no grip to them - they're slick

How is the grip

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

Does the olixar flexishield actually have something special for grip? They say it's a non slip coating but is it any different than regular tpu

The grip of the Nillkin is amazing - the aslient point of the case makes it extremely easy to hold. It you want a slim case - this is definitely one to get

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
Looks nice. It has a small lip at front to protect the screen?

Yss, there is a raised portion on the front to help protect if you want to lay the phone down screen side down.

And this is a case not designed for hardcore drop protection. It will probably save you from minor drops (my phone has fallen off the couch onto tile floor - about 2.5-3ft drop and came out unscathed)

Vogal

Oct 28, 2005
Leiria
Yss, there is a raised portion on the front to help protect if you want to lay the phone down screen side down.

And this is a case not designed for hardcore drop protection. It will probably save you from minor drops (my phone has fallen off the couch onto tile floor - about 2.5-3ft drop and came out unscathed)
Could you please attach some photos from the case in the phone? I can't find anywhere a photo where we can see the small lip. This case looks so nice.

Blaalad12

Sep 26, 2014
Waterford
I bought two! The original samsung clear case and a custom case from carved! The custom case looks cool and feels great as well as being relatively slim. However, i kinda wish i went with a different design then the one i chose! The samsung case looks sleeker/cooler on the phone especially with my dbrand carbon skin underneath BUT it attracts finger prints and doesn't feel as nice in hand as the custom case from carved!

Vogal

Oct 28, 2005
Leiria
Bought the Spigen Thin fit for my S8. Minimalistic and not too bulky. If the color were midnight (glossy) Black instead of matte black was fantastic.
Too bad that almost every case is matte black and don't really match with the lovely midnight black from S8. (Spigen ultra hybrid have one with jet black finish, but is to bulky.

Waiting now for Elago Origin.

Last edited:

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
Could you please attach some photos from the case in the phone? I can't find anywhere a photo where we can see the small lip. This case looks so nice.

I apologize that I haven't gotten pics. Have been busy. I will make it a priority to do it tonight

Also I just got in my MSVII black sandstone case last night and this case is slimmer than the Nillken.

Link to MSVII case - I chose Black Sandstone - took about 2.5 weeks to get here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSVII-Slim-...hash=item33bedfb626:m:mkaiNfq5LXgpPGOyD4m0Sbg

I can comfirm the MSVII case does NOT have enough of a lip to raise the screen off a flat surface is laid screen down. But the feel of the case is SOOOOOOO much better than the Nillken. Definitely going to be my new daily case

Last edited:

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
What is everyone using for a screen protector on these cases? I always use the Nillkin frosted cases but never had one for a smartphone with edge display. Makes me worry about the phone hitting something on the wrong angle and breaking due to zero protection on the display edge. My work iphones don't have edged screens so the full front screen protectors I use apply well and stays on well enough. Tried a few TGSP's for the S8 and none of them are good. All of them just have adhesive on the outer edges. I'm less concerned about scratches and more concerned about that one time an accident happens and it gets hit on the edges. Lol

Vogal

Oct 28, 2005
Leiria
Already received the Elago, it´s really sleek and thin. Lacks of a little lip in front to protect the screen when phone is with the screen facing down on a table. And has no grip at all.

Spigen thin fit still´s my favorite thin case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I have ZERO affiliation with this company - I paid full price for the case and waited 2 weeks for it to come from China (I had this case with my V20 and was happy they made it for the S8)

I have bought slim cases from Ringke, Spigen, Caseology for the S8 (all from Slickdeals $$$ off posts) and so far all of them felt a bit too slick and thick(compared to what I've experienced with other phones).

I don't know why more companies don't use the "Salient point" design (what this company calls the textured back)

Makes it extremely easy to hold the phone and a good feel in the hands.

Is it worth $10 when you have other slim case options out there for much less (with promotions)? Since I've experienced the feel of it previously I personally think it's worth it. I do wish they had US stock and didn't ahve to wait so long for it.

Now I will say this thing is THIN, like this is going to offer almost no protection from a drop thin (you get corner and back protection but that's about it). I didn't get it for that, I got it to help with holding the phone. Will a skin accomplish the same- probably and I've considered the Dbrand Dragon skin too.

I will say the case fits SNUG - I had a hard time getting it off to take some pics of it

If you're interested this is the link where I got it on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y98H8C7
    Looks nice. It has a small lip at front to protect the screen?

No Protection with this case. It clearly says in description only for scratch. If you want full protection I would suggest that you get this one from Samsung is very slim:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHWHYLV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Got this one today and it is sweet. Super thin and I like that it covers the buttons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232311855985

I have this case. It's really nice. Fits well, and really is the thinnest possible case at just .025" thick. I must say it is a little slippery even after using it for a few days. I'll probably try and find a similar one that has a bit better grip, but I would certainly recommend it.

I'd also like to mention there is a small raised lip around the camera opening make the fingerprint reader easier to find while adding a little extra protection the camera.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone