Best Tasker alternative for galaxy Nexus.

Search This thread

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
I bought Tasker a long time ago, but at some point just kind of gave up on it. Cm7 had a quiet time thing I liked and without it I thought I'd try it again. Unfortunately it's very complicated to get working the way I want it, I'm looking for suggestions.

Here's what I'd like:
Turn wifi on and Bluetooth off at home,
Turn off wifi and turn Bluetooth on when I leave.
Make phone silent at night.
Turn 4G off at work.

My main requirements are that it needs to be more accurate than cell towers so my Bluetooth doesn't turn off when I drive around town. (wifi detect works ok on llama) My main goal is to save battery. I know Tasker can do all these, but it is complicated and I'd like something simpler.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Timeriffic will do all of that based on times. Other than Locale I don't know of many apps that work the same way.

https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hbGZyYXkudGltZXJpZmZpYyJd

+1 for this, I have used it for a long time and works great. based on time of day.
I have 1 setting for driving to work, then 1 for when I get to work. Antoerh when I leave work and drive home, next for when I get home. Then anther for sleeping.
Different ones for weekdays (work) and weekends.

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for the response guys, but for some reason llama seems flaky to me. I'd rather not use a time schedule.

jsapp

Jan 27, 2009
There is one called "automateit", free and pro version. I bought it but don't remember much about it. Something made me go back to tasker.

KNK

Apr 26, 2006
Irvine, California, USA
Thanks for the response guys, but for some reason llama seems flaky to me. I'd rather not use a time schedule.

Have you tried using the Maps profile addons with Llama? It works pretty good. When you use it with combanation with the cell towers that it has learned.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kebab.LlamaMap

I have a simliar setup as you. It works great.

When I am in the neighborhood turn on wifi (as I visit friends with wifi as well)
When I leave the neighborhood turn off wifi
at a certain time on the weekdays and weekends it turns the ringer down and eventually off
weekdays and certain time it goes to airplane mode.
Then of course it all goes back to normal before I am awake.
A few other rules as well depending if I am at a family members house or a friends store/work.

So I end up saving a little bit of battery and not being woken up by mail/txt notifications :-D

You have to fiddle wit Llama a bit more then the others that's the only down side for some people who might not get it.

rye&ginger

Nov 24, 2010
Vancouver

Llama is not flaky at all. I was using on SGS and now on the GN and it works great.

Use cel tower locations and times together, or you can just use times.

Eg. at work 8am-5pm silent
at home 7am-10pm loud, wifi on
at home 10pm-7am quiet mode

Works great. Only issue at times is when/if new cel towers arrive. You have to occasionally train or manual tag the cel towers.

Very easy to use app IMO but if you just want time based profiles you can use something easier. We have RAM to spare, the service is not intensive and never shows up on my battery use list. It can toggle/change many settings if you want.

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
I'm going to give llama another shot. My big thing is that cell towers are not accurate enough and wifi polling wasn't working right. I set polling on, but changed the interval to never and it seems to be working.

If not I'll give automatit a shot.

Thanks guys.

VaKo

Oct 13, 2007
On a related note, I'm after an app which will allow me to set reminders based on my location, using cell towers rather than GPS. Just something which will remind me to pick up milk when I'm in town, nothing more.

KaFrEEkAbOom

Nov 26, 2011
Colombo,Sri Lanka
I have gave up using Tasker since they increased there price without any sense.
Also they got few bugs but couldn't fix
So I moved on to app Called Smart Volume Control
It's Actually pretty impressive application with lot of features on it.
I recommend You smart Volume Control to try out
They gor Free Version too.

Free Version :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControl
Paid Version :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControlPlus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using for some time Llama. I think is a great program for automatic control.
    In connection with cell / timing everything is possible.

Greetings

Josch
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone