• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Best upgrade from a Pixel XL

Search This thread

Foxspeed

May 21, 2016
Hi all, sorry if this isn't in the relevant section as I couldn't find one for the original Pixel XL that I have.
My question is, my phone is now stuck at Android 10 and showing signs of battery loss and low internet connectivity, Iv'e been a Google phone stalwart since the original Samsung Galaxy, LG Nexus etc but now need to upgrade.
I don't want to buy a lesser model than the new 6 which is due for release this year but not too fussed about 5g so what are my best options? Pixel 4 / 4a / 5?
Thanks for any replies.

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Hi all, sorry if this isn't in the relevant section as I couldn't find one for the original Pixel XL that I have.
My question is, my phone is now stuck at Android 10 and showing signs of battery loss and low internet connectivity, Iv'e been a Google phone stalwart since the original Samsung Galaxy, LG Nexus etc but now need to upgrade.
I don't want to buy a lesser model than the new 6 which is due for release this year but not too fussed about 5g so what are my best options? Pixel 4 / 4a / 5?
Thanks for any replies.
I don't get the question. you want no less than a Pixel 6, but you're asking which to get the 4, 4a, or 5? They're all lesser than the pixel 6. I'd go for the pixel 4a 5g though (different generation than the 4a). It's like the the pixel 5 with a little bigger screen and a headphone jack. The upshot is that the retail price is $200 less. I got one for $220 after trading in my pixel 2xl.

Foxspeed

May 21, 2016
Thanks for the reply and yeah sorry, I worded that wrong. I meant, I won't be opting for the 6 at this time due to costs. I see the 4a 5g to be a good option but unsure about the lack of 5g coverage in my area. Would it be worthwhile? I think I know the answer to my own question really! Google Pixel 4a 5g.