Question Best way to migrate from OP 6T (stock/no root) to Pixel 6 (stock, no root)?

Search This thread

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Hi folks,

I just placed an order for the Pixel 6, coming from an OP6T. The 6T was my first phone I had no need to root; everything just worked. But I was coming from an OP 3T and the OP migration tool made it easy since both were OP devices.

What's the best way to painlessly migrate to my Pixel 6, making sure to preserve text message history and other things that aren't easy to restore from the cloud? I used to use Titanium back in the root days.

edmondt

Mar 21, 2006
Toronto
Backup via Google One first, then I find that on the initial setup, the restore will keep your app settings. Of course it's a hit or miss tho;

I was impressed when my authenticator for work got transfered and I don't need to call in again to activate.

Reactions: Frankenscript

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup via Google One first, then I find that on the initial setup, the restore will keep your app settings. Of course it's a hit or miss tho;

I was impressed when my authenticator for work got transfered and I don't need to call in again to activate.