• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Best Way to send Photos & Videos

Search This thread

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello,

I noticed that sending mass pictures and videos using Samsung messaging always looks pixelated and blurry (More so videos than pictures). I've tried link share and that always fails. What is the best method everyone is using to share their photos and videos in their full and clear resolution? Iam not interested in flashing or rooting my U.S t-mobile branded Note 20 Ultra and really prefer to stay with the stock Samsung messaging as I like all its other features except for this.

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Rooting or flashing? Lol. Are you new to phones? Texting is an old fashioned way of sending media. Don't want compression? Don't text. Use WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, google photos to share your media. Texting will compress the heck out of everything.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Rooting or flashing? Lol. Are you new to phones? Texting is an old fashioned way of sending media. Don't want compression? Don't text. Use WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, google photos to share your media. Texting will compress the heck out of everything.

I didn't notice this issue using google messaging in the past. That's why I was trying to see if Samsung messaging somehow was the culprit in this case. I do have WhatsApp and Viber but not FB Messenger so I'll check out those two. I'll just have to convince the people on the other end to download those apps I guess. If RCS messaging was standardized across the board by now this problem would not exist. In the mean time Apple has the capable iMessage without any of these issues. By the way I'm not new to phones and a quick search shows a lot of people having the same challenges..

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Blurry-Videos-when-sending-via-messaging/td-p/759653

Last edited:

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
I didn't notice this issue using google messaging in the past. That's why I was trying to see if Samsung messaging somehow was the culprit in this case. I do have WhatsApp and Viber but not FB Messenger so I'll check out those two. I'll just have to convince the people on the other end to download those apps I guess. If RCS messaging was standardized across the board by now this problem would not exist. In the mean time Apple has the capable iMessage without any of these issues. By the way I'm not new to phones and a quick search a lot of folks having the same challenges..

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Blurry-Videos-when-sending-via-messaging/td-p/759653
IMessage uses the Internet to send media whereas texting uses the phone network.

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Since Mozilla closed their Firefox Send service, I'm using Samsung link share that's built-in.

I couldn't get it to work as it kept failing. Most likely because I was impatient and trying to share tons of photos and videos to a bunch of people all at once. I wish there was a better option outside of apps (viber, whatsapp etc) that was built in and wouldn't require people to download any of those..:(

ventolino

Nov 4, 2010

If I use Whatsapp my photos are really compresse, for example a photo of 13 Mb becomes a photo of 100 kb!!! I can't send the original one. Is there anche trick?

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
If I use Whatsapp my photos are really compresse, for example a photo of 13 Mb becomes a photo of 100 kb!!! I can't send the original one. Is there anche trick?
Unfortunately no. You'll have to upload it to a website with full resolution storage. Imagine if millions of people sent full resolution images, we'd run out of storage in a few minutes lol

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Unfortunately no. You'll have to upload it to a website with full resolution storage. Imagine if millions of people sent full resolution images, we'd run out of storage in a few minutes lol
Sorry to break it to you, you are wrong.

1. Download an app called Telegram, the setup process is same as whatsapp. Now the person you want to send it to should also have the app.
2. Then click on the paperclip icon and select "FILE" then select "GALLERY" choose the picture or video you want to send. This way the images and videos would be sent without compression.

Last edited:

Nastrahl

Dec 9, 2017
If you got an amazon prime subscription, you get unlimited cloud storage for picture in original format and size with their Amazon Photo app. You may then be able to share link through it

ventolino

Nov 4, 2010
I found the way thanks to an Italian friend. If you need to go to a full resolution file with whatsapp just go to the attachment symbol, select documents and then move to the photo folder and select the file. Obviously it will arrive uncompressed but it will load it in more time.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Hello,

I noticed that sending mass pictures and videos using Samsung messaging always looks pixelated and blurry (More so videos than pictures). I've tried link share and that always fails. What is the best method everyone is using to share their photos and videos in their full and clear resolution? Iam not interested in flashing or rooting my U.S t-mobile branded Note 20 Ultra and really prefer to stay with the stock Samsung messaging as I like all its other features except for this.
Are you sending to android users? If so just use Nearby Users

dj24

Jun 23, 2018