• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

best way to use triangle away

Search This thread

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
hi guys,

as of now which is the best working scenario to use Triangle Away (1.51 0r 1.70 ) from ?

4.0.3/ 4.0.4, stock-rooted or custom rom and which ics kernel ?

ps- the app throws up so many warnings it scares the hell out of me !

thanks

oops sorry (should be in question/answer forum )

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Latest is working with stock ICS
Install application - open it - it will ask to download some progrramme (flasher) - let it download - select to reset counter - it will reboot in special recovery and finish job.

PS : I recommend this tool shud be use as last resort, anything flash with PC odin(when other option available) is not a good habit. i have seen many time user brick device and didn't get chance to use TA, TA works only if your device is live.

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
thank you doctor ketan,

everyday the scene at the forum (or our understanding) of it changes.....
In the alliance rom thread they said no matter how high your counter is you have triangle away to reset on ics.
Pc odin is the safest way to flash.
people started doubting mobile odin !
its only now that again experts are saying the ics safe kernels are really safe

sorry for my confusion :(

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
thank you doctor ketan,

In the alliance rom thread they said no matter how high your counter is you have triangle away to reset on ics.

Obviously Triangle away can reset any number of counter, but just i have shown you condition. If some procedure brick your device when your counter is already raised, then it really creates problem to you, as TA works only device is live.
Thats Y i said you should select alternate way(if any) which doesn't raise counter.
- PC odin is safest way to flash and this is for stock stuffs.
-Mobile odin also proven safe tool, but each tools having its own pron & cons, but i have not seen any case which shows mobile odin is unsafe.
-I dont understan this 'its only now that again experts are saying the ics safe kernels are really safe' - indeed experts since begining saying safe kernel are safer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rraaka

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
yes, doc, again thanks.
i picked up from criskelos thread and other posts we can safely use speedmod and notecore for flashing roms.....that we dont have to go back to gingerbread all the time or use abyss recovery...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest is working with stock ICS
    Install application - open it - it will ask to download some progrramme (flasher) - let it download - select to reset counter - it will reboot in special recovery and finish job.

PS : I recommend this tool shud be use as last resort, anything flash with PC odin(when other option available) is not a good habit. i have seen many time user brick device and didn't get chance to use TA, TA works only if your device is live.
    thank you doctor ketan,

Obviously Triangle away can reset any number of counter, but just i have shown you condition. If some procedure brick your device when your counter is already raised, then it really creates problem to you, as TA works only device is live.
    Thats Y i said you should select alternate way(if any) which doesn't raise counter.
    - PC odin is safest way to flash and this is for stock stuffs.
    -Mobile odin also proven safe tool, but each tools having its own pron & cons, but i have not seen any case which shows mobile odin is unsafe.
    -I dont understan this 'its only now that again experts are saying the ics safe kernels are really safe' - indeed experts since begining saying safe kernel are safer.