[CLOSED][Beta] [11] ProjectSakura-x86 for PC's [OFFICIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HMTheBoy154

It's been a while since the last update, but well whatever I got some new builds here with lots and lots of changes :D.
This is not only a big release but a special one, currently I am typing this reply on 10:55PM, more than an hour later gonna be Lunar New Year, yay 🥳🥳🥳

So let's see what do we have :
- Merge latest January patch
- Bromite SystemWebview updated to 96.0.4664.54
- Implement a DPI fix by PrimeOS Team (big thanks to them)
- Update alsa-lib/alsa-utils/alsa-ucm-conf to 1.2.6.3
- firmware now getting all the latest from linux-firmware, including some silead linux firmware from gsl-firmware repo
- Replace rusty-magisk with Project Kokoro, a new way to implement Magisk into Android-x86 build with Zygisk and modules support (a big thanks to @huskydg for helping me with this), also everything relate to koushSU is removed.
- Added input wiring to AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET, hoping that it can help detect mics better.
- NTFS can now being mounted as SDCard (default is using ntfs-3g + fuse, there's also Paragon's ntfs3)
- ntfs-3g merged to latest commit
FJZv9N2aQAU1akg

- libhoudini now change from ChromeOS one to WSA, which increase compability as some people report.
- Update Mesa3d to 23.1.4 with LLVM13 + libdrm 2.4.109
+ For Intel, i965 driver is being default instead of crocus and iris to prevent glitches and crashes
+ You can now use drirc, a drirc file is in /system/etc, you can add your config folder at /data/drirc.d/ and add your own *.conf file in
- drm_gralloc now completely removed (goodbye)
- gbm_gralloc change to the branch that BlissOS 15 use
- minigbm change to maurossi's gbm_mesa_y22_w02_R which is the version with gbm_backend to use minigbm with gbm_backend, read down below
- hw_composer updated
- Import some sepolicy from Project Celadon, this include graphics/mesa, thermal and houdini
- Kernel is now updated to 5.15.16 with lots of improvement. (more on this soon)
- system.sfs, initrd.img and install.img now compressed with zstd.

There could be more changes, hopefully I can find all of them.....

Now to use minigbm there'll be 4 options :
+ minigbm,
+ minigbm_gbm_mesa (the one with gbm_backend),
+ minigbm_intel (for Intel iGPUs only)
+ minigbm_arcvm (the code suggest this thing is for virtio-gpu)
I only tested minigbm_gbm_mesa and minigbm_intel so far and it can boot. If you want to try this gralloc then add this into the 2nd line of the grub code (aka your cmdline)

GRALLOC=minigbm_gbm_mesa HWC=drm_minigbm

Also, the build implement some properties that was a part of Phoenix OS Darkmatter, I add them here, all of them are used to change Mesa3d environment variables, including :
mesa.gles.override - MESA_GLES_VERSION_OVERRIDE : override GLES version
mesa.loader.override - MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE : override Mesa loader driver (like i965 to iris or crocus)
mesa.galliumhud.value - GALLIUM_HUD
mesa.galliumhud.period - GALLIUM_HUD_PERIOD
These are the variables for GalliumHUD, the HUD to show FPS, CPU,etc on Gallium3D driver, you can read more in this page to set up

Finally, as the build now go OFFICIAL state, I'll upload them in Project Sakura SourceForge instead of blissos-dev one.

Enjoy the build :), and thanks for your support.
Happy Lunar New Year to everyone 🐧

Last edited:

sges98

Oct 15, 2017
Whenever I boot either ISO and select any option (e.g. install) I get the attached kernel panic on one of my systems. I have used your ( @HMTheBoy154 ) 5.15.13 kernel without problems with this system on other android distributions. This system also had a kernel panic with 5.10.50 and refused to boot with 5.8.0 but with no other kernel (4.19.x, 5.4.x., 5.10.x or any linux kernel) has given problems. Here are the specs of the system involved. Thanks .

Motherboard

B85M-E45

CPU

Intel Pentium G3240

Chipset

• Intel® B85 Express Chipset

Main Memory

8GB Single SIMM DDR3

Slots

• 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
• 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• 1 x PCI slot

On-Board SATA

• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® B85 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports four SATAIII port (SATA1~4) by B85

• SATAII controller integrated in Intel® B85 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATAII ports (SATA5~6) by B85

Supports Intel® Rapid Start Technology, Intel® Smart Connect Technology*

USB

• 4 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• 8 x USB 2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)

Audio

• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC887
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio

LAN

• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek® 8111G

Internal I/O Connectors

- 1 x ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin system fan connector
- 1 x 3-pin system fan connector
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 connectors (supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports)
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Parallel port connector
- 1 x TPM Module connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector

Back Panel I/O Ports

- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack
- 1 x 3 in 1 audio jack
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting the maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz, 24bpp/ 2560x1600@60Hz, 24bpp/ 1920x1080@60Hz, 36bpp
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz
- 1 x Graphics port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_081343.jpg
    IMG_20220203_081343.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

sges98

Oct 15, 2017
Sorry for the duplicate post. The ISO are the official ISO with 5.15.16 kernel

sges98

Oct 15, 2017
SOLVED. Install kernel 5.15.25 witch you have to install anyway because of the dirty pipe vulnerability. I had to manually install as I couldn't boot the ISO.. Thanks to @HMTheBoy154 for his help.

Veselchak787

Nov 18, 2009
Krasnoyarsk
Thank you for the great job! I use - ProjectSakura-5.2-OpenGapps-pico-20210922-1750--UNOFFICIAL on my notebook normally almost half year, all ok, only afrtefakt ia appear and google chrome dont work, some time crushed, but it's tolerable. I use it as mediacenter for video and music content.
I installed from bootable USB disk (i used Rufus for record iso-image} on separate EXT4 partition parallel with windows 10 and linux Manjaro (UEFI + Refind boot manager used).
I wanted to try the new version 20220301. I tried to burn the image and reinstall the system from it. I unpacked the files (init, kernel, system) and copied them to a Android folder. In both cases, the system does not start. Only command line appear.
Notebook - HP 15s-eq1116ur (AMD Athlon Gold 3150U + Radeon RX Vega 3}.

HMTheBoy154

Thank you for the great job! I use - ProjectSakura-5.2-OpenGapps-pico-20210922-1750--UNOFFICIAL on my notebook normally almost half year, all ok, only afrtefakt ia appear and google chrome dont work, some time crushed, but it's tolerable. I use it as mediacenter for video and music content.
I installed from bootable USB disk (i used Rufus for record iso-image} on separate EXT4 partition parallel with windows 10 and linux Manjaro (UEFI + Refind boot manager used).
I wanted to try the new version 20220301. I tried to burn the image and reinstall the system from it. I unpacked the files (init, kernel, system) and copied them to a Android folder. In both cases, the system does not start. Only command line appear.
Notebook - HP 15s-eq1116ur (AMD Athlon Gold 3150U + Radeon RX Vega 3}.
For some people (but I guess it's majority now) the kernel in the latest version is causing kernel panic. I did bump the kernel to a new version and it's working fine but currently I don't have a server to build so you gonna have to wait.

Reactions: Veselchak787

HMTheBoy154

It's almost May which mean summer is coming and before May I want to release new builds of PS-x86. Unfortunately If you don't know Project Sakura is officially deprecated, meaning that the ROM is dead so this will be the last build of ProjectSakura-x86. This seems to be a bad news however I will officially working on BlissOS too so If you want another Android-x86 build running Android 11 made by me you can check out some BlissOS 14.x builds in the future (and some other Android version too). I'll also planned to move on from PS to another ROM and help them making x86 version for both 11 and 12L build of it.

But anyway, I still hope that you can enjoy this one last build of PS-x86, here are the new changes :
- Merge March patch.
- Go back to AOSP Webview, however for those who want to use Bromite Webview, PS-x86 already add Bromite WV to the webview list so If you want you can use them.
- Upstream the kernel to 5.15.35, ofc this time there will be no kernel panic
- There will be another new method of embedding Magisk into the build in Kokoro without the pain of touching the system, this time based on the initrd-magisk to implement Magisk into initrd (Again, huge thanks to @huskydg for helping me).
- Mesa updated to 21.3.8.
- drm_hwcomposer updated to latest commit.
- For minigbm, currently minigbm_gbm_mesa is broken due to rebasing with latest branch. However, minigbm can now work with AMDGPUs. Yea that's right, thanks to my friend @Ni8 at SupremeGamers forum tested it out. So now minigbm_intel can be used on Intel iGPUs and minigbm can be used on AMD GPUs/APUs.
There's also a change that minigbm or minigbm_arcvm can work with virtio-gpu too for those people who want to run it on VM but don't like gbm_gralloc.
- Lawnchair got replaced with Lineage's Trebuchet for those who want to use the Desktop Mode on external display.
- FOSS builds now follow a new apps list, which includes :
  • Aurora App Store - com.aurora.store
  • Aurora Fdroid - com.aurora.adroid
  • Calendar/Contacts sync - com.etesync.syncadapter
  • LocalGsmNlpBackend - org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation
  • microG and all the dependencies
- Termux, Open Camera and Taskbar got updated.
- Include a new storage fix where apps can't be able to read Android/data or Android/obb inside /sdcard due to the new permissions issue in 11. This fix is actually made by PrimeOS again by granting 777 whenever an app open. It could be a temporary fix should not be used in long-term and instead we should find a way to bind-mount data and obb using some kind of special filesystems.
But that's will be a whole new journey, right now I wanna give them a big thank you for helping us by providing the fix.
- Data Usage - a feature of Project Sakura ROM will be disabled as a default due to the fact that it made SystemUI crashing. Not to mention we can't be able to use SIM cards yet so it's useless anyway

There could be more changes that I don't remember. But here's the download link as usual and...... have fun :D.

Last edited:

tecinfo

Mar 16, 2019
I can't download latest ProjectSakura-5.2-OpenGapps-pico-20220428-1532--OFFICIAL.iso from sourceforge. It just redirect to /files/.

Prince_xx

Jun 29, 2022
It's been a while since the last update, but well whatever I got some new builds here with lots and lots of changes :D.
This is not only a big release but a special one, currently I am typing this reply on 10:55PM, more than an hour later gonna be Lunar New Year, yay 🥳🥳🥳

- firmware now getting all the latest from linux-firmware, including some silead linux firmware from gsl-firmware repo
- Replace rusty-magisk with Project Kokoro, a new way to implement Magisk into Android-x86 build with Zygisk and modules support (a big thanks to @huskydg for helping me with this), also everything relate to koushSU is removed.
- Added input wiring to AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET, hoping that it can help detect mics better.
- NTFS can now being mounted as SDCard (default is using ntfs-3g + fuse, there's also Paragon's ntfs3)
FJZv9N2aQAU1akg

- libhoudini now change from ChromeOS one to WSA, which increase compability as some people report.
+ For Intel, i965 driver is being default instead of crocus and iris to prevent glitches and crashes
+ You can now use drirc, a drirc file is in /system/etc, you can add your config folder at /data/drirc.d/ and add your own *.conf file in
- minigbm change to maurossi's gbm_mesa_y22_w02_R which is the version with gbm_backend to use minigbm with gbm_backend, read down below
- hw_composer updated
- Import some sepolicy from Project Celadon, this include graphics/mesa, thermal and houdini
- Kernel is now updated to 5.15.16 with lots of improvement. (more on this soon)

+ minigbm,
I only tested minigbm_gbm_mesa and minigbm_intel so far and it can boot. If you want to try this gralloc then add this into the 2nd line of the grub code (aka your cmdline)

Also, the build implement some properties that was a part of Phoenix OS Darkmatter, I add them here, all of them are used to change Mesa3d environment variables, including :
mesa.loader.override - MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE : override Mesa loader driver (like i965 to iris or crocus)
These are the variables for GalliumHUD, the HUD to show FPS, CPU,etc on Gallium3D driver, you can read more in this page to set up

Finally, as the build now go OFFICIAL state, I'll upload them in Project Sakura SourceForge instead of blissos-dev one.

Hello sir , I've 4th gen CPU , i can't play Apex legends mobile because it needs OpenGL ES 3.1 and my PC only support OpenGL ES 3.0 so how to solve this problem , my Intel HD Graphics OpenGL Version is 4.3 but for Android x86 it needs to be 4.5 to play OpenGL ES 3.1 Support Games , i guess Crocus Drivers can make it possible , help me with this , Thanks.

Lisbet111111

Jul 12, 2022
Hello Sir, I've tried ProjectSakura-5.2-OpenGapps-pico-20220428-1532--OFFICIAL.iso, still not support the extend screen on this iso image, could you have a look at this issue "https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-exte...monitor-in-android-x86.4467571/#post-87159291", as electrikjesus said, for supporting second screen activities working properly on AG 11 base, It will require a number of updates to drm_hwcomposer, gbm_gralloc, libdrm, etc, where can we find these patches? seems not included in projectsakura yet, thanks a lot.

HMTheBoy154

Hello Sir, I've tried ProjectSakura-5.2-OpenGapps-pico-20220428-1532--OFFICIAL.iso, still not support the extend screen on this iso image, could you have a look at this issue "https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-exte...monitor-in-android-x86.4467571/#post-87159291", as electrikjesus said, for supporting second screen activities working properly on AG 11 base, It will require a number of updates to drm_hwcomposer, gbm_gralloc, libdrm, etc, where can we find these patches? seems not included in projectsakura yet, thanks a lot.
set one of three options in grub
GRALLOC=minigbm_intel HWC=drm_minigbm
GRALLOC=minigbm HWC=drm_minigbm
GRALLOC=gbm HWC=drm

if external monitor show up as duplicate then you are half way there, just go to Developer Options, scroll down to Force Desktop Mode, turn it on, and then plug the screen in again.

Lisbet111111

Jul 12, 2022
set one of three options in grub
GRALLOC=minigbm_intel HWC=drm_minigbm
GRALLOC=minigbm HWC=drm_minigbm
GRALLOC=gbm HWC=drm

if external monitor show up as duplicate then you are half way there, just go to Developer Options, scroll down to Force Desktop Mode, turn it on, and then plug the screen in again.
Thank you very much!
Already add above 3 options in grub, for 1st and 3rd option, it's ok to boot Android UI for both display, but for 2nd option, Android System can not boot normally for both displays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

This is an unofficial port of Project Sakura for PCs running x86 CPUs by using patches provided by Android-Generic project.

Yep1l4L.png

Made with Android-Generic v2.0 - Android for PCs & GSI devices
    More detail : https://android-generic.github.io/

disclaimer.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now..... I don't know this is PCs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    * It's very important to read the instructions and understand what you are doing. So please, READ !
    * I am not responsible if you accidentally wiped your data on your hard drives or making your main OS like Windows unable to boot.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

Currently the best method I recommend to use is to dual-boot with a Linux distro, using its Grub2 bootloader to load the OS.You can check out BlissOS wiki or SupremeGamers wiki for the instruction.

Alternatively, If you want to install using Windows

For .rpm

I DON'T RECOMMEND TO FLASH ISO ON USB BECAUSE THE BOOTABLE INSTALLER IS HAVING PROBLEM.

download.png

Click Here

credits.png

-Android-x86 Project

-BlissLabs (with works like BlissOS and Android-Generic)

-Lineage OS

-AOSP

-Superior OS

-AOSiP

-DerpFest

-Pixel Experience

-Extended UI

-Havoc OS

-CrDroid ROM

source.png

Project Sakura Source
    The kernel source which I use for the build : https://github.com/hmtheboy154/Darkmatter-kernel

ProjectSakura-x86 Source which include all the changes for x86 will be available soon
    ProjectSakura-x86 source : https://github.com/supremegamers/android/tree/sakura/11-x86/

support.png

Project Sakura's Telegram Group (if you want to feedback about the ROM)

BlissOS/ AG (x86/ x86_64) Telegram Group (if you need help installing or feedback about the PC builds)

miscinfo.png

This is a x86_64 build so please make sure your CPU support 64bit and SSE4.2

About bugs : Unlike Custom ROMs on phones where people can just put "You tell me", PC builds do have problem..... a lot.
    - Not all the hardware will work perfectly or even supported (*cough Nvidia GPUs ).
    - Screen Recording is not working yet (gbm_gralloc limitation)
    - FaceUnlock is not working (and don't even hope it work)
    - Bluetooth might not working yet.
    - SwiftShader is broken so you can't boot with Software Rendering.
    - For user using AMD GPUs (or APUs), there's graphic bugs when you have to choose default apps like for default launcher or default browser. Here's an explanation by Mauro Rossi - one of the member of Android-x86 Project :

A long standing issue is "the tiling artifacts" happening with gbm_gralloc at ResoverActivity window when SW write buffer used, one example is the launcher selector at first boot and another is visible with Chicken Invaders advertisements windows on SW write buffer

Intel i915 and i965 were not affected, while r300, r600, radeonsi and nouveau are all affected,

iris and crocus expected to not be affected, but I need to check.

So if you are seeing this (or worse) then it's the one I'm talking about.

(Iris and crocus actually not affected btw)
    Update : Iris got reported to be affected, and there are some cases of crocus too. So I will mark this as a bug for both AMDGPUs and Intel iGPUs in general. If you want to read more about the bug, you can read this post by Mauro for more info

bug.jpg

Project Sakura-x86 for PCs
    Maintainer: HMTheBoy154
    Build Type: Unofficial

ROM OS Version:
    11.0 r40
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.10.61
    ROM Firmware Required: Included in the build
    Based On:
    LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version:
    5.R
    SELinux Status : Permissive
    Release Date:
    2021-09-06

FJZv9N2aQAU1akg

- hw_composer updated

+ minigbm,

This is the first initial build which include FOSS pack from BlissOS. FOSS pack provide some FOSS application and also microG as the GMS replacement. Also here's what I put into the build :
    - Mesa 21.2.1, libdrm 2.4.107 and LLVM12.0.1
    - alsa-utils and alsa-lib are on version 1.2.5.1 with alsamixer tool
    - My customized Kernel 5.10.61 which include patches from GoogleLTS (kernel/common android13-5.10 branch), xanmod and Android-x86 (More detail)
    - AOSP SystemWebView got replaced with Bromite SystemWebView (big thanks to them for providing x86_64 builds)
    - Using FakeStore 0.1.0 instead of 0.0.2 provided by FOSS package.
    - Adding Open Camera since the stock Camera app is broken.

Here are some screenshot :
    It's almost May which mean summer is coming and before May I want to release new builds of PS-x86. Unfortunately If you don't know Project Sakura is officially deprecated, meaning that the ROM is dead so this will be the last build of ProjectSakura-x86. This seems to be a bad news however I will officially working on BlissOS too so If you want another Android-x86 build running Android 11 made by me you can check out some BlissOS 14.x builds in the future (and some other Android version too). I'll also planned to move on from PS to another ROM and help them making x86 version for both 11 and 12L build of it.

But anyway, I still hope that you can enjoy this one last build of PS-x86, here are the new changes :
    - Merge March patch.
    - Go back to AOSP Webview, however for those who want to use Bromite Webview, PS-x86 already add Bromite WV to the webview list so If you want you can use them.
    - Upstream the kernel to 5.15.35, ofc this time there will be no kernel panic
    - There will be another new method of embedding Magisk into the build in Kokoro without the pain of touching the system, this time based on the initrd-magisk to implement Magisk into initrd (Again, huge thanks to @huskydg for helping me).
    - Mesa updated to 21.3.8.
    - drm_hwcomposer updated to latest commit.
    - For minigbm, currently minigbm_gbm_mesa is broken due to rebasing with latest branch. However, minigbm can now work with AMDGPUs. Yea that's right, thanks to my friend @Ni8 at SupremeGamers forum tested it out. So now minigbm_intel can be used on Intel iGPUs and minigbm can be used on AMD GPUs/APUs.
    There's also a change that minigbm or minigbm_arcvm can work with virtio-gpu too for those people who want to run it on VM but don't like gbm_gralloc.
    - Lawnchair got replaced with Lineage's Trebuchet for those who want to use the Desktop Mode on external display.
    - FOSS builds now follow a new apps list, which includes :
    • Aurora App Store - com.aurora.store
    • Aurora Fdroid - com.aurora.adroid
    • Calendar/Contacts sync - com.etesync.syncadapter
    • LocalGsmNlpBackend - org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation
    • microG and all the dependencies
    - Termux, Open Camera and Taskbar got updated.
    - Include a new storage fix where apps can't be able to read Android/data or Android/obb inside /sdcard due to the new permissions issue in 11. This fix is actually made by PrimeOS again by granting 777 whenever an app open. It could be a temporary fix should not be used in long-term and instead we should find a way to bind-mount data and obb using some kind of special filesystems.
    But that's will be a whole new journey, right now I wanna give them a big thank you for helping us by providing the fix.
    - Data Usage - a feature of Project Sakura ROM will be disabled as a default due to the fact that it made SystemUI crashing. Not to mention we can't be able to use SIM cards yet so it's useless anyway

There could be more changes that I don't remember. But here's the download link as usual and...... have fun :D.
    For anyone looking how to fix "serial console enabled, performance will be impacted" warning in notifications, here is how i fixed it.
    Open termux, type following commands.
    Bash:
    su
    nano /default.prop
    Then edit ro.debuggable=1 to ro.debuggable=0 and press ctrl + x, save and exit.
    alternatively,
    Bash:
    su -c 'sed -i "s|ro.debuggable=.*|ro.debuggable=0|g" /default.prop'