• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Beta] [11] ProjectSakura-x86 for PC's [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

This is an unofficial port of Project Sakura for PCs running x86 CPUs by using patches provided by Android-Generic project.

Yep1l4L.png

Made with Android-Generic v2.0 - Android for PCs & GSI devices
More detail : https://android-generic.github.io/

disclaimer.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now..... I don't know this is PCs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
* It's very important to read the instructions and understand what you are doing. So please, READ !
* I am not responsible if you accidentally wiped your data on your hard drives or making your main OS like Windows unable to boot.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

Currently the best method I recommend to use is to dual-boot with a Linux distro, using its Grub2 bootloader to load the OS.You can check out BlissOS wiki or SupremeGamers wiki for the instruction.

Alternatively, If you want to install using Windows

For .rpm

I DON'T RECOMMEND TO FLASH ISO ON USB BECAUSE THE BOOTABLE INSTALLER IS HAVING PROBLEM.

download.png

Click Here

credits.png

-Android-x86 Project

-BlissLabs (with works like BlissOS and Android-Generic)

-Lineage OS

-AOSP

-Superior OS

-AOSiP

-DerpFest

-Pixel Experience

-Extended UI

-Havoc OS

-CrDroid ROM

source.png

Project Sakura Source
The kernel source which I use for the build : https://github.com/hmtheboy154/Darkmatter-kernel

ProjectSakura-x86 Source which include all the changes for x86 will be available soon
ProjectSakura-x86 source : https://github.com/supremegamers/android/tree/sakura/11-x86/

support.png

Project Sakura's Telegram Group (if you want to feedback about the ROM)

BlissOS/ AG (x86/ x86_64) Telegram Group (if you need help installing or feedback about the PC builds)

miscinfo.png

This is a x86_64 build so please make sure your CPU support 64bit and SSE4.2

About bugs : Unlike Custom ROMs on phones where people can just put "You tell me", PC builds do have problem..... a lot.
- Not all the hardware will work perfectly or even supported (*cough Nvidia GPUs ).
- Screen Recording is not working yet (gbm_gralloc limitation)
- FaceUnlock is not working (and don't even hope it work)
- Bluetooth might not working yet.
- SwiftShader is broken so you can't boot with Software Rendering.
- For user using AMD GPUs (or APUs), there's graphic bugs when you have to choose default apps like for default launcher or default browser. Here's an explanation by Mauro Rossi - one of the member of Android-x86 Project :

A long standing issue is "the tiling artifacts" happening with gbm_gralloc at ResoverActivity window when SW write buffer used, one example is the launcher selector at first boot and another is visible with Chicken Invaders advertisements windows on SW write buffer

Intel i915 and i965 were not affected, while r300, r600, radeonsi and nouveau are all affected,

iris and crocus expected to not be affected, but I need to check.
(Iris and crocus actually not affected btw)

So if you are seeing this (or worse) then it's the one I'm talking about.

bug.jpg

Project Sakura-x86 for PCs
Maintainer: HMTheBoy154
Build Type: Unofficial

ROM OS Version:
11.0 r40
ROM Kernel: Linux 5.10.61
ROM Firmware Required: Included in the build
Based On:
LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
Current Stable Version:
5.R
SELinux Status : Permissive
Release Date:
2021-09-06

Last edited:
This is the first initial build which include FOSS pack from BlissOS. FOSS pack provide some FOSS application and also microG as the GMS replacement. Also here's what I put into the build :
- Mesa 21.2.1, libdrm 2.4.107 and LLVM12.0.1
- alsa-utils and alsa-lib are on version 1.2.5.1 with alsamixer tool
- My customized Kernel 5.10.61 which include patches from GoogleLTS (kernel/common android13-5.10 branch), xanmod and Android-x86 (More detail)
- AOSP SystemWebView got replaced with Bromite SystemWebView (big thanks to them for providing x86_64 builds)
- Using FakeStore 0.1.0 instead of 0.0.2 provided by FOSS package.
- Adding Open Camera since the stock Camera app is broken.

Here are some screenshot :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-082633_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20210905-082633_Lawnchair.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20210905-085516_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210905-085516_Settings.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210902-023417_Cài_đặt.png
    Screenshot_20210902-023417_Cài_đặt.png
    574.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210905-083321_Taskbar.png
    Screenshot_20210905-083321_Taskbar.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20210905-084829_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20210905-084829_Lawnchair.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20210905-085842_NewPipe.png
    Screenshot_20210905-085842_NewPipe.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20210905-090145_Bromite.png
    Screenshot_20210905-090145_Bromite.png
    750.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20210905-090538_Bromite.png
    Screenshot_20210905-090538_Bromite.png
    249 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20210905-091112_Rider.png
    Screenshot_20210905-091112_Rider.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

cjeu100

Jan 26, 2020
For anyone looking how to fix "serial console enabled, performance will be impacted" warning in notifications, here is how i fixed it.
Open termux, type following commands.
Bash:
su
nano /default.prop
Then edit ro.debuggable=1 to ro.debuggable=0 and press ctrl + x, save and exit.
alternatively,
Bash:
su -c 'sed -i "s|ro.debuggable=.*|ro.debuggable=0|g" /default.prop'

Last edited:
New builds have been uploaded, here are the new changes :

- Upstream to September Security patch
- Update Mesa to 21.2.2
- Fixed broken Bluetooth (require restarting bluetooth app)
- Adding thermal-daemon from Project Celadon
- Adding Thermal HAL from Project Celadon
- Pull houdini and Widevine from ChromeOS 92 recovery file for hatch
- Now comes with both GMS and FOSS build

For bluetooth, just restart `com.android.bluetooth` by using `pm disable` then `pm enable` and then it will work if your card already recognized by Android-x86 before. I tested with a fake CSR card and it's running as expected.

By the way, I applied for ProjectSakura maintainer, both for PCs and Oneplus Nord :D So expect a new OFFICIAL build soon.

Reactions: Ni8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Update Mesa to 21.2.2

For bluetooth, just restart `com.android.bluetooth` by using `pm disable` then `pm enable` and then it will work if your card already recognized by Android-x86 before. I tested with a fake CSR card and it's running as expected.

By the way, I applied for ProjectSakura maintainer, both for PCs and Oneplus Nord :D So expect a new OFFICIAL build soon.
    header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

This is an unofficial port of Project Sakura for PCs running x86 CPUs by using patches provided by Android-Generic project.

Yep1l4L.png

Made with Android-Generic v2.0 - Android for PCs & GSI devices
    More detail : https://android-generic.github.io/

disclaimer.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now..... I don't know this is PCs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    * It's very important to read the instructions and understand what you are doing. So please, READ !
    * I am not responsible if you accidentally wiped your data on your hard drives or making your main OS like Windows unable to boot.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

Currently the best method I recommend to use is to dual-boot with a Linux distro, using its Grub2 bootloader to load the OS.You can check out BlissOS wiki or SupremeGamers wiki for the instruction.

Alternatively, If you want to install using Windows

For .rpm

I DON'T RECOMMEND TO FLASH ISO ON USB BECAUSE THE BOOTABLE INSTALLER IS HAVING PROBLEM.

download.png

Click Here

credits.png

-Android-x86 Project

-BlissLabs (with works like BlissOS and Android-Generic)

-Lineage OS

-AOSP

-Superior OS

-AOSiP

-DerpFest

-Pixel Experience

-Extended UI

-Havoc OS

-CrDroid ROM

source.png

Project Sakura Source
    The kernel source which I use for the build : https://github.com/hmtheboy154/Darkmatter-kernel

ProjectSakura-x86 Source which include all the changes for x86 will be available soon
    ProjectSakura-x86 source : https://github.com/supremegamers/android/tree/sakura/11-x86/

support.png

Project Sakura's Telegram Group (if you want to feedback about the ROM)

BlissOS/ AG (x86/ x86_64) Telegram Group (if you need help installing or feedback about the PC builds)

miscinfo.png

This is a x86_64 build so please make sure your CPU support 64bit and SSE4.2

About bugs : Unlike Custom ROMs on phones where people can just put "You tell me", PC builds do have problem..... a lot.
    - Not all the hardware will work perfectly or even supported (*cough Nvidia GPUs ).
    - Screen Recording is not working yet (gbm_gralloc limitation)
    - FaceUnlock is not working (and don't even hope it work)
    - Bluetooth might not working yet.
    - SwiftShader is broken so you can't boot with Software Rendering.
    - For user using AMD GPUs (or APUs), there's graphic bugs when you have to choose default apps like for default launcher or default browser. Here's an explanation by Mauro Rossi - one of the member of Android-x86 Project :

A long standing issue is "the tiling artifacts" happening with gbm_gralloc at ResoverActivity window when SW write buffer used, one example is the launcher selector at first boot and another is visible with Chicken Invaders advertisements windows on SW write buffer

Intel i915 and i965 were not affected, while r300, r600, radeonsi and nouveau are all affected,

iris and crocus expected to not be affected, but I need to check.
    (Iris and crocus actually not affected btw)

So if you are seeing this (or worse) then it's the one I'm talking about.

bug.jpg

Project Sakura-x86 for PCs
    Maintainer: HMTheBoy154
    Build Type: Unofficial

ROM OS Version:
    11.0 r40
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.10.61
    ROM Firmware Required: Included in the build
    Based On:
    LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version:
    5.R
    SELinux Status : Permissive
    Release Date:
    2021-09-06
    This is the first initial build which include FOSS pack from BlissOS. FOSS pack provide some FOSS application and also microG as the GMS replacement. Also here's what I put into the build :
    - Mesa 21.2.1, libdrm 2.4.107 and LLVM12.0.1
    - alsa-utils and alsa-lib are on version 1.2.5.1 with alsamixer tool
    - My customized Kernel 5.10.61 which include patches from GoogleLTS (kernel/common android13-5.10 branch), xanmod and Android-x86 (More detail)
    - AOSP SystemWebView got replaced with Bromite SystemWebView (big thanks to them for providing x86_64 builds)
    - Using FakeStore 0.1.0 instead of 0.0.2 provided by FOSS package.
    - Adding Open Camera since the stock Camera app is broken.

Here are some screenshot :

- Update Mesa to 21.2.2