Question Beta 2 + MVK kernel = master piece

Search This thread

radekmazur

Sep 20, 2015
Once you install the beta you need to root. You cant install kernel without being root first.
Developer doesn't use xda for whatever reason. He was here but left. He is on telegram.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
I had Beta 2 + MVK running - it was LEGIT however I had the MyQ app (opens/closes garage door) not working so I went back to just Beta...any thoughts?

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Did you manage to get your app working? No issues for me on MVK beta with Beta 2....
Yes - I tried several different OS, Beta 1 , Beta 2 and regular stock - adding root and the app would work. As soon as I added the kernel the MyQ app wouldn't work.

I noticed MyQ was updated just 4 days before the new Beta 2 release, so I went back to the MyQ Sept build - works like a champ.

So I have no idea what the actual issue is but isolating it via different OS builds etc. something changed in the Oct release of the MyQ app. The actual problem is beyond anything I know of but I'm running now :)

Also - that's the only app that had that issue. I'm more minimal in the amount of apps I use so it's just 1 data point and don't know what the issue could be but it was driving me nuts lol.

Reactions: GRiiMx

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
It's pretty str8 forward...no settings/config. You can flash with about any kernel tool. I recommend EX Kernel tool, or free options like AnyKernel or Kernel Flasher or FKM. Just make SURE u match the correct ver. with the A13 rom u r on. If you're running a beta, make sure u flash the corresponding beta release! Just common sense type things. There's most always someone than can help on the telegram chan. if u need clarification on sumthin'...;)

Reactions: sundamen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    where do i find the MVK kernel? , my phone gets hot like hell over 45C
    the group is in my signature :).
    Title says it all.
    I upgraded to beta 2, installed MVK kernel, rooted and it's smooth as hell. Great phone.
    Once you install the beta you need to root. You cant install kernel without being root first.
    Developer doesn't use xda for whatever reason. He was here but left. He is on telegram.
    Did you manage to get your app working? No issues for me on MVK beta with Beta 2....
    Yes - I tried several different OS, Beta 1 , Beta 2 and regular stock - adding root and the app would work. As soon as I added the kernel the MyQ app wouldn't work.

I noticed MyQ was updated just 4 days before the new Beta 2 release, so I went back to the MyQ Sept build - works like a champ.

So I have no idea what the actual issue is but isolating it via different OS builds etc. something changed in the Oct release of the MyQ app. The actual problem is beyond anything I know of but I'm running now :)

Also - that's the only app that had that issue. I'm more minimal in the amount of apps I use so it's just 1 data point and don't know what the issue could be but it was driving me nuts lol.
    Hello,
    how do I find this telegram group?
    Scroll up to Griim's sig and clicky...;)