What is AOSP?
The Android Open Source Project is the original unmodified version of android. It's the base ROM that all other ROM's work on. There are a few changes from CAF (code aurora forums) and cyanogenmod to get this working for non-nexus devices like ours.
- GPS & FM
What is working:
- Media (IT IS FIXED) But Youtube can be dead
- Audio (IT IS FIXED)
- RIL (baseband) (IT IS FIXED)
- Touchscreen xD
- Image decoding
- Houdini (stable)
- First Lollipop AOSP rom
- I used proprietary files from WW 18.104.22.168
- I used device tree by quanganh2627 for building so this way community will get all fixes
How to flash it:
You should download files for flashing:
File with AOSP rom (aosp-a500cg-userdebug-20032016.zip) :
ADB v1.0.32: Download from Google Drive
TWRP 22.214.171.124 recovery by quanganh2627 (new December build): Download from Google Drive
1) Unpack archive with ADB and put TWRP image there.
2) Copy file with rom and gapps to internal/external memory of your phone.
3) Then you should reboot your phone in the droidboot mode. (turn off you gadget then press Turn off button and volume + button)
Then go to the ADB folder and hold Shift + Right Mouse button and write this command:
fastboot flash recovery new-zen5-reco.img
Then you phone will reboot in the recovery. In the recovery you should instal package with rom.
After flashing, you should format (not wipe) data and cache in the TWRP.
Then you should reboot to system.
Bug reporting:Attach logcat and detailed describe the issue. Send this to me (tank0412)
Credits:@quanganh2627 (i used his AICP device tree with my bring up for OMNI)
@X AnwarMov (help for booting + this rom has a kernel which was built by me from X Anwar source)
morrey from 4PDA. (THis guy helped to fix RIL)
USING MY ROM AS BASE FOR YOUR ROM IS DENIED
IF YOU IGNORE IT, I WILL ASK MODERATOR TO DELETE YOUR THREAD
AOSP Lollipop by tank0412, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 5
Source Code: https://github.com/tank0412/aosp_device_asus_a500cg
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP
Current Beta Version: 2.2
Beta Release Date: 2016-03-20
Last Updated 2016-03-20