• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BETA] [7.1.2] [j2lte] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 14.1 [Exynos 3475]

Search This thread

fakezorlend

Apr 1, 2021
Last update (the one released in January 22) was reverted due to issues with audio in calls.
If you updated to it you may want to go back to the previous version if you want to make calls without any issues.

If you don't need/want to make and receive calls, you can still get the version released in January 22 here:
mega.nz/file/V8Z1WYja#Bi6Gnk5BKTWFMfngiCwWeXmV-O_Ni1IfDFGvLypFHV4
(remember that you don't have to flash the boot image with fixes in this version)
Hi, where can we check for updates/custom updates and etc?

Bontersoft

Mar 25, 2021
Praya
bontersoft.blogspot.com

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_191220.jpg
    IMG_20210622_191220.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20210622_191255.jpg
    IMG_20210622_191255.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    500px-Lineage_OS_logo.svg.png

Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for the Galaxy J2 (2015) and Galaxy J2 (2017)

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void. Me and all the contributors are NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please, do some research if you have any concerns about the features included in this ROM before flashing anything. YOU are choosing to make these modifications on your own.

This is an experimental build! Don't install it on your main phone if you don't like bugs!

Supported devices
    • This should work on any Exynos 3475 based Samsung Galaxy J2, although it was only tested on the Galaxy J2 2015 (J200M, J200F, J200G, J200GU, J200BT, and J200Y) and the Galaxy J2 2017 (J200G).

Working
    • Telephony (RIL, SIM, IMEI)
    • WiFi
    • Cameras and torch/flashlight (doesn't work on the J200BT and the 2017 variant of the J200G)
    • Vibration
    • Audio
    • Sensors (accelerometer and proximity sensor)
    • Headphones
    • Bluetooth
    • Offline charging
    • Internal Microphone
    • SD Card
    • GPS
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB Tethering
    • OTG

Bugs
    • Camera doesn't work on the Brazilian variant of the j2lte (J200BT) and the Galaxy J2 2017
    • Phone doesn't always connect to LTE (4G) networks. There is a workaround for this issue (see the post below)
    • Codecs don't seem to be working
    • Radio
    • Some apps like the gallery sometimes don't display the SD Card content. File manager doesn't seem to be affected by this issue. Fixed on the provided boot.img
    • The phone only charges up to ~70% Fixed on the provided boot.img
    • VoLTE (won't be fixed)

Instructions:
    1. Install TWRP
    2. Wipe cache, dalvik, data and system
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Flash the boot.img with no SD Card and charging problems
    5. (Optional) Flash GApps
    6. (Optional) Flash Magisk/SuperSU (Magisk recommended)

Downloads:

Source:

ROM Information:
    • Android version: 7.1.2
    • Android security patch level: December 5, 2019
    • Build date: March 2, 2020

Contributors:
    New update available for download. Sorry for the delay, i had planned to release this update on February, but lots of things happened.
    My Galaxy J2 got a short circuit so i won't be able to actively work on this anymore.

Changelog:
    • Switched to stock Audio HAL. Fixes audio stops working and some microphone issues
    • Some OMX fixes, which fixed camera video recording
    • Switched to stock power profile
    • Switched to stock sensors library
    • Removed DOZE (Ambient Display)
    Workaround to connect to LTE (4G) networks (thanks to @cıyanogen):
    • Enable mobile data, 3G and reboot. Carrier is now available.
    • Enable LTE and reboot. The device will boot with 3G, and LTE connection should be available in around 10 seconds.
    • If you reboot or turn off the device, the carrier is not available. Enable 3G in settings and reboot.

j2lte Telegram Group
    New update available. The apps crash problem is now fixed and the Android Security Patch was updated to October 5, 2019.

I wanted to release this update yesterday, but i wasn't able to do it because my Ubuntu installation almost broke when i was upgrading to the latest version. Luckily, i managed to restore it.
    New update available. Changelog:
    • Added dual SIM support - Bengris32
    • Odexed ROM for faster boot times - TBM13
    • Use stock audio volume levels - TBM13
    • Now LOS can detect the device model (J200G/GU/M/F) - Bengris32
    • Fixed ro.hardware value being "unknown" - Bengris32
    • Use stock Dalvik and HWUI properties - TBM13
    • Changed LCD density from 280 to 270 - TBM13
    • (maybe) fixed random reboots