[BETA] BEWARE OF FAKES - MX Player for Windows Phone and Metro Apps

Search This thread

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
BETA: MX Player for Windows Phone and Windows Metro Apps
MX Player is now available on Windows Phone, and as a Windows Metro App.

This is the real MX Player app hosted on the Microsoft Store:
For Windows Metro App and Windows Phone: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mx-player/9nblggh0x330

The official MX Player's publisher will always be "J2 Interactive".

Everything else that is not the above link are fakes. Please don't download them.
If you search MX Player on the Microsoft App Store, you will see a LOT of fakes.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/search/apps?q=mx player

Last edited:

Gabe Santos

Dec 11, 2014
Reactions: Arul_Prakash

Vishwal

Jul 29, 2012
Don't expect too much. It is just a early prototype :D

This is a big reason for me to get a WP.....Wow today Candy Crush also launched on WP. Big news for WP users.

Btw, I can't find Windows 8.1 version in store. Direct link doesn't lead me to anything in store app. Please help.......

Teixeira_fa

Dec 12, 2014
This is a big reason for me to get a WP.....Wow today Candy Crush also launched on WP. Big news for WP users.

Btw, I can't find Windows 8.1 version in store. Direct link doesn't lead me to anything in store app. Please help.......

amazing :D tahnks mx player team.
i dont see movies for my SD, is normal?

Gagi990

Dec 12, 2014
Thank you very much

please insert multiple formats, MP4 / AVI / MKV / DivX / XviD / WMV / H.264 player
- MP3 / WAV / eAAC + / AC3 / FLAC player. And formats for subtitles if possible, you need to make metro design and speed up a little app, slowly working .Thanks very much what you made app for Windwos phone and for Windwos, I hope that you will in the future to work on it and to improve it.

tawakoly

Aug 13, 2010
cool

I'm glad to see MX player on Windows phone and Windows 8
The app is okay for now, but it looks stretched on Lumia 1520.

Microsoft should replace their official video player with MX player, it's life the best video player on all platforms.

Keep up the good work guys ?

Mata_Ratos

Jan 14, 2013
Finally, the best media player app in android makes its way to Windows Phone platform...
I carry two phones, who used to be both android, but I was really curious about WP and so I bought a used Lumia 620, and although its a low-end phone, I'm getting to really like this OS. I already made it my main phone and I am starting to move everything I use in Android to WP.
It's true that Android is much more open and customizable, but I've reached a point that, not being a developer, I'm tired of having to root and do all kinds of tweaking to android in order to get the most out of it. I already have all the apps I need. The only ones that I miss most are Pokerstars, google play music and one that I use to mount a network drive through SSH (now I use Plex for that). And I really missed MXPlayer because of all the features it has (HW+ is a must). I really hope it reaches android version, and the feature I miss the most now is the ability to play m3u8 streams from internet (online tv site).
Though VLC is still WAY behind MX development, I believe it would be a good idea to make a donation program or something similar, as they did, because I'm willing to help out the development.
I suppose you already know this, but MS is dropping app development in Silverlight and moving to WinRT only, so apps in Windows Phone 10 will only work if developed in WinRT (in order to work on all platforms - Windows, Windows RT and Phone).

Last edited:

jaytecson

I completely agree with mata_rose. Got fed up with Android a year ago and switched to WP, Im satisfied bec all apps that you used in android has an equivalent app and if not its better app in WP. You dont need to root and custom to enjoy full feature in WP..enjoying my lumia 1520 with great camera..

Jay T.
samsung s2
HTC desire HD
HTC senstion XE
LG evo 3D
HTC butterfly
HTC one m7
Nokia Lumia 1520....

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: Praveen Nautie