[BETA][DUK] TWRP 3.1.1-1 [+ROOT]

Search This thread

shammer89

Sep 7, 2014
in my device, i flashed the file in allegate, but when i reboot in to recovery, its give me an error "error load"" and don't work the twrp. what's wrong?

000001a

Oct 1, 2011
hello, i cannot use the TWRP-rom, fastboot says it is to big.
last sock rom is up to date (april)

Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (31896 KB)...
OKAY [  0.685s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.696s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [  0.022s]
finished. total time: 0.024s

Last edited:

gianmaxfactor

Sep 5, 2012
Rome
This TWRP has no support for decryption, so we can't insert a "pin" to decrypt data, but just backup/restore system, boot, custom and vendor partititions, while the data "files" can be back'ped only while the phone has booted

What if I completely brick my phone? I can restore any partition except data. But the phone will boot now, and so I could access the data folder. Then, to restore data, should I merely overwrite its content with the backuped one? Is there a possibility to get a TWRP with encryption feature?

gianmaxfactor

Sep 5, 2012
Rome
In my case Magisk+Xposed+Viper+NetHunter+alotofanythingother are working flawless with the data partition encrypted.

Anyway I would decrypt, but I don't want to loose everything: what could you suggest to restore the /data content after formatting (and how you would backup /data before...)

Thanks a lot
Gian

Reactions: puneetbhagat

puneetbhagat

Jan 13, 2012
In my case Magisk+Xposed+Viper+NetHunter+alotofanythingother are working flawless with the data partition encrypted.

Anyway I would decrypt, but I don't want to loose everything: what could you suggest to restore the /data content after formatting (and how you would backup /data before...)

Thanks a lot
Gian
How could you use Xposed and Viper with Magisk? No module works due to kernel restrictions? Plz let me know what you did to make them work

gianmaxfactor

Sep 5, 2012
Rome
How could I help you? I think I have done nothing special to have all them work. Before buying the Honor 8 "Pro" I had an Honor 8, where all was working togheter. So I was surely very disappointed when I read that something wouldn't have worked anymore. But I tried anyway to install all the programs and modules I had on the old Honor 8, and I have to say that I have found no difficulty. In my case I have a stock Nougat (B187), with root and unlocked bootloader. Xposed is installed as a Magisk module (togheter with Busybox NDK, Huawei Call Recorder, KaliNethunter, Viper4Android FX, Substratum Legacy (+ Material Glass theme for a fantastic transparency effect). Under Xposed I have instead just two modules: App Locale 2 (to switch locale app by app) and GravityBox (simply great). All is working and I can say that the phone is very stable, with very very rare sudden reboots. Just one boring thing: the "audioserver" process grows in memory even to more than 3 GB of RAM, and never release it, but I monitor it with Tasker (run shell script) and periodically kill it when it goes over 1,5 GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

This is only for Honor 8 Pro (DUK)
    Code:
    OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x.
    Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader .

Installation Instructions
    Code:
    1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
    2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-1-duk.img
    3. reboot to recovery!

Rooting Methods
    Code:
    [B][U]1. Official PHH Superuser Beta 310[/U][/B]
    1. download and flash [URL="http://superuser.phh.me/superuser-r310-beta.zip"]official PHH Superuser Beta 310[/URL]
    2. install "Phh Superuser" from Google Play
    3. Enjoy!

Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_honor_duk/releases/download/3.1.1-1/twrp-3.1.1-1-duk.img"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-1-duk.img[/U][/URL]
    [/LIST]

FAQ
    Code:
    Q: What's the code status?
    A: 25. June 2017

Q: which H8 Pro models are supported?
    A: every model should be supported.

Q: Can i use this TWRP with decrypted /data?
    A: Yes you can! (Check FAQ)

Q: Can i install Magisk?
    A: No (encrypted /data), Yes (decrypted /data)

Q: Does official SuperSU work?
    A: No (encrypted /data), Yes (decrypted /data)

Q: ETAs?
    A: No.

Going back from decrypted -> encrypted?
    Code:
    1. Format /data inside of TWRP
    2. Flash eRecovery & Kernel from your currently installed Stock ROM Build
    3. Do a factory reset inside of eRecovery
    5. Let device boot up
    6. Install your current firmware hw_data package & SuperSU using TWRP again
    Want to decrypt? No problem.
    Code:
    1. Format /data inside of TWRP
    2. Flash a kernel with fileencryption disabled in fstab
    3. bootup your device

Special Thanks
    Code:
    * [URL="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
    * [URL="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Honor 8 Pro

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_honor_duk

Version Information

Created 2017-06-23
    Last Updated 2017-06-25
    Reserved

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]TWRP 3.1.1-1[/B]
    * fix twrp on emmc based devices
    New Version (3.1.1-1) available - You can find more infos in OP.
    This release fixes partition mounting on emmc 5.1 based devices ;)
    Source code is now also up and can be built!

https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_honor_duk

Regards
    Hello,
    I tested the package, unfortunately after the flash and first boot impossible to return under android.
    If I remember correctly there was a problem of mount point.

To get out I had to flasher the recovery and system partitions of the original rom.
    Having to reset my phone I have no log, but if you need anything else do not hesitate.

@ +

Via google translate
    this should work for every h8 pro utilizing emmc storage:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxWP2gF_0Bd_OHBPWDctZmJCanc

It has been tested.

Regards
    Just an off topic but important.
    As Honor 9 has launched also it confuses me a lot about display size whether to choose Honor 8pro or Honor 9 . Am using a 5.5 inch display fone now...
    Just need some good opinions whether I have to go with 5.7 inch Honor 8pro or Smaller 5.2 inch Honor 9 . Will I feel unsatisfied with smaller 5.2 inch Honor 9 ? Rest of the specs am ok with it.
    I used to browser net and watch YouTube videos mainly. Please help
    Depends on the size of your hand man and your comfort zone. If it was me making the choice, I would go for the Honor 8 Pro because of the bigger battery and screen. It's a little hard to hold but it's worth it. :)

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs