[BETA][markw] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi 4 Prime

Search This thread

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
This is a beta, working build of LineageOS 14.1 for markw, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. As many here already know, I had a problem with my phone while developing this, my USB port snapped out of place, so I can't continue development at this moment. Actually, only will be able to fully resume it when I can get my hands on a new phone / fix mine, which is something ongoing. Anyways, through the help of many members from this forum, we were able to make sure the basic rom works, so people can have a taste of Nougat, if they can live with the compromises. Source is also coming up, so other people hopefully can fix what was left broken during my time procrastinating from developing ;). No fancy announcements, JUST READ to make sure you understand everything BEFORE INSTALLING!

What works: Everything, except,
- Camcorder in Snap (use another camera application to record videos - Stills work just fine);
- Fingerprint;

IMPORTANT INFORMATION (READ THIS SECTION 7 TIMES, AT LEAST, BEFORE POSTING ANY LUDICROUS QUESTIONS):
- Rom is based on stock 8.2.4.0, therefore ADVANCED REBOOT ONLY WORKS WITH 8.2.4.0 BOOTLOADER!
- BE AWARE THAT HW ENCRYPTION FROM 7.1 DIFFERS FROM 6.0 (WHICH OUR RECOVERY IS BASED ON), THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE AN ENCRYPTED STORAGE AND BOOT UP THIS ROM, YOUR RECOVERY WON'T BE ABLE TO READ INTERNAL STORAGE ANYMORE! THIS CAN BE FIXED BY FLASHING A 7.1 BASED RECOVERY (WHICH I WILL COMPILE, BUT NEED TESTERS, SINCE I CAN'T DO IT MYSELF) OR SIMPLY BY HAVING AN NON ENCRYPTED STORAGE (See Guide by @Modest Mind - https://xdaforums.com/redmi-4-prime/how-to/redmi-4-prime-pro-markw-how-to-disable-t3594239). THEREFORE: I STRONGLY SUGGEST ONLY PEOPLE WITH NON ENCRYPTED STORAGE TO FLASH THIS. NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT, SIMPLE AS THAT!
- Flash it normally (Rom + Su addon for 14.1, arm64, GAPPS). Reboot to ROM.

That's it for now

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2jOeW-NBjAUbUxxTEhRS1Y2Z0U

Sources:
https://github.com/jacoghi/android_device_xiaomi_markw
https://github.com/jacoghi/android_kernel_xiaomi_markw
https://github.com/jacoghi/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi

People who have already donated, and to whom you guys kinda own this (not to me, to them), thanks for your support, guys.

- I... I...;
- Stephan H.;
- Веселов В.;
- Jaroslav P.;
- Simone V.;
- Владимир К.;
- Davide C.;
- Giovanni B.;

You can support our development, so more improvements may come to this device. Developing takes time, so even though donations are not required, they are highly appreciated ;) ! Thanks for your support!

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime

Contributors
jacoghi
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: 8.2.4.0
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2017-05-14

Created 2017-05-14
Last Updated 2017-06-14

Last edited:

xxxMADxxx

Sep 13, 2011
C:\Program Files
Xiaomi Poco F3
Reactions: Modest Mind

Nemorosus

Nov 18, 2016
There is already one Nougat rom with no flickering issues, maybe that will help you fix your problems? Thanks for trying out, hopefully this will become a fully working ROM some day.

Skyres17

Mar 23, 2017
Campos - RJ
Hey guys, I tested the ROM and I can not wait to use it every day, its running very smooth, Fingerprint doesn't work :/, I also installed the GAPPS and it worked very well no FC or error.

Reactions: moronvv

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
It would be useful to indicate the procedure for installing 14.1. For example:
Reboot to recovery
Wipe system, cache, dalvik / art cache, date
firmware_V8.2.4.0
Flash rom zip and gapps
Reboot

ardrift

Nov 3, 2015
Thank you for your work @jacoghi, I'm glad that you have built a bootable build of Los 14.1, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm also really thankful that you have released sources on github, many devs will appreciate it in my opinion. Thank you again, keep up the good work! :)

matteo2

Mar 12, 2011
Hey guys, I tested the ROM and I can not wait to use it every day, its running very smooth, Fingerprint doesn't work :/, I also installed the GAPPS and it worked very well no FC or error.
Are there any bugs? Fingerprint it's not important for me...

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

simo14

Mar 5, 2014
eu apenas instalei a ROM e testei poucas coisas, camera, lanterna como descrito no post nao estao funcionando, o resto pelo que me lembro estava ok, ja estou de volta na LOS 13.
Speak english please, if you don't know it , use google translate

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 Prime utilizzando Tapatalk

roisfa

May 17, 2017
waiting stable

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

nice work r4p,
bug:
- Blinking screen
- dont stok camera
- fingerprint

Others go well.. good job

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a beta, working build of LineageOS 14.1 for markw, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. As many here already know, I had a problem with my phone while developing this, my USB port snapped out of place, so I can't continue development at this moment. Actually, only will be able to fully resume it when I can get my hands on a new phone / fix mine, which is something ongoing. Anyways, through the help of many members from this forum, we were able to make sure the basic rom works, so people can have a taste of Nougat, if they can live with the compromises. Source is also coming up, so other people hopefully can fix what was left broken during my time procrastinating from developing ;). No fancy announcements, JUST READ to make sure you understand everything BEFORE INSTALLING!

What works: Everything, except,
    - Camcorder in Snap (use another camera application to record videos - Stills work just fine);
    - Fingerprint;

IMPORTANT INFORMATION (READ THIS SECTION 7 TIMES, AT LEAST, BEFORE POSTING ANY LUDICROUS QUESTIONS):
    - Rom is based on stock 8.2.4.0, therefore ADVANCED REBOOT ONLY WORKS WITH 8.2.4.0 BOOTLOADER!
    - BE AWARE THAT HW ENCRYPTION FROM 7.1 DIFFERS FROM 6.0 (WHICH OUR RECOVERY IS BASED ON), THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE AN ENCRYPTED STORAGE AND BOOT UP THIS ROM, YOUR RECOVERY WON'T BE ABLE TO READ INTERNAL STORAGE ANYMORE! THIS CAN BE FIXED BY FLASHING A 7.1 BASED RECOVERY (WHICH I WILL COMPILE, BUT NEED TESTERS, SINCE I CAN'T DO IT MYSELF) OR SIMPLY BY HAVING AN NON ENCRYPTED STORAGE (See Guide by @Modest Mind - https://xdaforums.com/redmi-4-prime/how-to/redmi-4-prime-pro-markw-how-to-disable-t3594239). THEREFORE: I STRONGLY SUGGEST ONLY PEOPLE WITH NON ENCRYPTED STORAGE TO FLASH THIS. NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT, SIMPLE AS THAT!
    - Flash it normally (Rom + Su addon for 14.1, arm64, GAPPS). Reboot to ROM.

That's it for now

Sources:
    https://github.com/jacoghi/android_device_xiaomi_markw
    https://github.com/jacoghi/android_kernel_xiaomi_markw
    https://github.com/jacoghi/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi

People who have already donated, and to whom you guys kinda own this (not to me, to them), thanks for your support, guys.

- I... I...;
    - Stephan H.;
    - Веселов В.;
    - Jaroslav P.;
    - Simone V.;
    - Владимир К.;
    - Davide C.;
    - Giovanni B.;

You can support our development, so more improvements may come to this device. Developing takes time, so even though donations are not required, they are highly appreciated ;) ! Thanks for your support!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime

Contributors
    jacoghi
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: 8.2.4.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-05-14

Created 2017-05-14
    Last Updated 2017-06-14
    What's up, people, long time no see, huh?

Sorry about my absence from the forum lately. I had a health problem for the last couple of weeks and was diagnosed with pneumonia, so have been to the hospital more times than ever had been since my birth, haha. Luckily, it's already wayyyyy better, still recovering, but hoping to be back to 100% by next week, also according to the doctors that are treating me. Now back to business.

First: To our GENIUS friend that sent code for mokee to generate official builds: You gotta be kidding me. So, really, in your opinion it was wise to send UNTESTED CODE for OFFICIAL release, something that would lead A BUNCH OF PEOPLE LOSING ACCESS TO THEIR INTERNAL STORAGE BECAUSE THAY HAVEN'T BEEN PROPERLY WARNED. Nice job, genius of you, my man, keep up with the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

Second: Yeah, My phone SHOULD be fixed by the end of next week if our disgusting mail service delivers me my package. Luckily with my health getting better and parts arriving at the right time, I'll have a working phone in less than 10 days.

Third: Great news is that Xiaomi has released a phone with same processor as ours running Android 7.1, so we should be able to use a bunch of stuff from it. I got the image today, replaced a lot of stuff and compiled a new build, will be sharing a test version so people can try it out and let me know if it fixes something. Give me some two hours and link will be here. Apparently we've some development these last days, including a working version of mokee, right? So that should let us compare and get serious about fixing the new kernel, which should bring a huge performance boost (from the pictures I saw the build is using our old kernel).

LINK FOR UPDATE: ATTENTION, SAME WARNINGS FROM FIRST POST ARE STILL VALID! READ BEFORE YOU FLASH IT! Let me know what works and what doesn't.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2jOeW-NBjAUYWtMNjFxWEpsMTQ
    Great news...
    By the way 80%, where are we now with donations for your new Redmi 4? I would be willing to donate for the second time if it missing much... to make LOS 14.1 great, so that we can all enjoy our phone asap.

My man, don't you even think about doing that. I'm really grateful for your willingness to help, but I won't accept anymore donations from you, haha. You can help me in many other ways, such as the ones you've been doing so far. Guess we just got a donation from old trane, here, :), thanks, my man! About my new device, well... I guess we're close to 33 percent, but after working on this kernel, I'll surely get a new phone, haha, can't waste those 20+ hours of work :highfive: we'll see about the time frame.

What is at 100 percent is a file that's lingering on my desktop, called boot712.img... No idea what that could mean, since our testers didn't show up yet, haha. More than 35k lines, reviewed one by one to get the F... ING thing compiling... But I guess we're good now and with many pluses... Since I had to read EVERY SINGLE LINE of the code, I just *might* have found the bug with the noise suppression problem when recording a video... Not sure, just took some notes for now to make sure kernel would compile. Later we can fix it, altogether with quick charge, and fingerprint (no useful link yet, has to be nougat, released by oem, people, 3.18 kernel, forget about f... ING xiaomi, they are useless). And yeah, we have the latest, greatest and newest of every possible kernel (if it boots, lol) something that will be on devices released by the end of 2017 (normally oems take 6 months to develop a kernel), which should be good enough to take us through the whole nougat lifespan. So yeah, cheers.
    What's up, people. Permanently fixed and enabled camera with all its modes for stills, fixed some more under the hood stuff, only thing missing is fingerprint. Camcorder works using alternative apps, doesn't work at this point with Snap. I won't be able to work on this for the next days, since due to my illness over the last weeks, my work has piled up, so won't be able to work on this. Raziel is getting my sources, so he can work on them trying to fix FP.

@moronvv, thanks once again for the hand, my man.
    About the rom, I have some interesting findings, the most important which is: we're gonna need a new kernel for nougat to fully work. The missing headers from our kernel aren't missing just because Xiaomi thought they were useless or anything like that. We need a 3.18.31 at least kernel to fully run nougat (should fix HW composition and sensors), what gives us a single alternative, which is rebasing our kernel based on UM.5.6 or newest UM.5.9 (which should be specially tailored for our processor, 3.18.44, nice!). I'll look into getting that kernel working with our phone as soon as I get my replacement phone/parts, which should take a month or so. In the meantime, hopefully someone with a working phone will be able to fix camera by playing with binaries, libs and ramdisk.