LG G5
LG V20
photo_2022-10-07_18-33-20.jpg

/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
* It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
* Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
* contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
* have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
*/

UPDATE TO THE LATEST TWRP AND USE EITHER "ADB REBOOT RECOVERY" OR HARDWARE BUTTONS TO REBOOT TO RECOVERY FAILURE TO DO SO COULD LEAVE YOU STUCK IN RECOVERY

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today.

Downloads

Credits:
@xxseva44
@AShiningRay
@askermk2000
@Stealth1226
@bernardobas
@TheWolfSVK

Rom details
Release Kernel: 4.4.205
Android Version: 12.1
Security Patch: November 5th, 2022
Adreno Driver: 5xx
Selinux: Permissive
Maintainer: ROMSG

NFC Fix

WHAT WORKS?
-Audio(Input/Output)
-Display
-Bluetooth
-Wifi
-Miracast
-USB
-Media playback
-Hardware buttons
-GPS
-Fingerprint (Not Sure)
-Drm
-Camera
-Audio Through Headphone Jack
-FM

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
-Radio (cellular connectivity)
-Usb does not work with powered docks
-Charging is capped at about 6w
-Double-Tap-to-Wake works but not consistently
-60FPS Video Recording

Please don't spam the thread with questions regarding these issues I am aware of them and I along with many others are working hard to fix them. If you have another problem not listed here please include a log with your post.

AND A MESSAGE FROM ONE OF THE TWO KERNEL DEVS, PLEASE REFER TO THIS LINK BEFORE POSTING ABOUT ANY BUGS/ISSUES

TREES (G5/G6/V20):
##################################################################################
##################################################################################
CAF display

GitHub - xxseva44/hardware_qcom-caf_msm8996_display

CAF media

GitHub - PixelExperience/hardware_qcom-caf_msm8996_media

Broadcom FM(Modified)

GitHub - stendro/android_hardware_broadcom_fm

Kernel

GitHub - LGE-G5-G6-V20/msm8996_lge_kernel

Dac interface

GitHub - SGCMarkus/android_hardware_lge

V20 variants

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_8996-Variants

V20 common

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_device_v20-common

(G5/G6 Common Folder Only)
GitHub - LGE-G5-G6-V20/Android-device-lge-G5_G6_V20_Variants

LG common

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_Device_common

Vendor

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_proprietary_vendor

Last edited:

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
LG G5
LG V20
Donations
I usually don't like to shove donations in peoples faces but this was a MASSIVE undertaking for all of us involved with all of us either having school, work, or both. Many weekends and late nights have been spent getting the new Kernel and Android 12 ready. The Kernel was by far the biggest challenge as upstreaming from 3.18 to 4.4 is a huge project. It's taken over a year to get to his point. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated. I've linked mine and xxseva's (LG v20 dev) donation pages below.

xxseva44
ROMSG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonail

abdoistheone

Aug 27, 2012
i still have my lg g5 h830 & am ready to test this beauty but i'll just have to wait until it gets cellular connectivity ;)

bicho2015

Apr 12, 2020
Mascara
that's awesome, happy to see an android 12 rom for G5. thank you so much ROMSG. i just gave it a try and it'ssmooth, the most important issue is the cellular network not working,which is very important, hoping for a fix soon 😍

dertuxinator

Nov 30, 2022
cool working ^^ i try it out, and i seems to be really smoth. really good job!

just a simple question: there are any suggestions to get the cellular connectivity? maybe without it is a nice proof of concept.

GameBoy1306

Jul 30, 2021
This is amazing it feels so fluid and smooth. Looking forward to having RIL fixed!

Would it be possible to get an a11 build with the new 4.4 kernel? Would really being this phone back to life! Thanks for all your work

Reactions: ROMSG

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
LG G5
LG V20
This is amazing it feels so fluid and smooth. Looking forward to having RIL fixed!

Would it be possible to get an a11 build with the new 4.4 kernel? Would really being this phone back to life! Thanks for all your work
I'm glad you like it and theres much more where that came from, as for 11 I barley have the time to keep 12 up so 11 would take away a lot of dev time for 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

photo_2022-10-07_18-33-20.jpg

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

UPDATE TO THE LATEST TWRP AND USE EITHER "ADB REBOOT RECOVERY" OR HARDWARE BUTTONS TO REBOOT TO RECOVERY FAILURE TO DO SO COULD LEAVE YOU STUCK IN RECOVERY

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today.

Downloads

Credits:
    @xxseva44
    @AShiningRay
    @askermk2000
    @Stealth1226
    @bernardobas
    @TheWolfSVK

Rom details
    Release Kernel: 4.4.205
    Android Version: 12.1
    Security Patch: November 5th, 2022
    Adreno Driver: 5xx
    Selinux: Permissive
    Maintainer: ROMSG

NFC Fix

WHAT WORKS?
    -Audio(Input/Output)
    -Display
    -Bluetooth
    -Wifi
    -Miracast
    -USB
    -Media playback
    -Hardware buttons
    -GPS
    -Fingerprint (Not Sure)
    -Drm
    -Camera
    -Audio Through Headphone Jack
    -FM

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    -Radio (cellular connectivity)
    -Usb does not work with powered docks
    -Charging is capped at about 6w
    -Double-Tap-to-Wake works but not consistently
    -60FPS Video Recording

Please don't spam the thread with questions regarding these issues I am aware of them and I along with many others are working hard to fix them. If you have another problem not listed here please include a log with your post.

AND A MESSAGE FROM ONE OF THE TWO KERNEL DEVS, PLEASE REFER TO THIS LINK BEFORE POSTING ABOUT ANY BUGS/ISSUES

TREES (G5/G6/V20):
    CAF display

GitHub - xxseva44/hardware_qcom-caf_msm8996_display

CAF media

GitHub - PixelExperience/hardware_qcom-caf_msm8996_media

Broadcom FM(Modified)

GitHub - stendro/android_hardware_broadcom_fm

Kernel

GitHub - LGE-G5-G6-V20/msm8996_lge_kernel

Dac interface

GitHub - SGCMarkus/android_hardware_lge

V20 variants

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_8996-Variants

V20 common

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_device_v20-common

(G5/G6 Common Folder Only)
    GitHub - LGE-G5-G6-V20/Android-device-lge-G5_G6_V20_Variants

LG common

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_Device_common

Vendor

GitHub - xxseva44/LGE_proprietary_vendor

romsg is back with a bomb (y) thank you and all the other developers for this beautiful surprise
    Update
    - Huge improvements to UI responsiveness (Thanks @xxseva44 )
    - FM Radio is now fixed
    - Audio Output through the headphone jack is fixed
    that's awesome, happy to see an android 12 rom for G5. thank you so much ROMSG. i just gave it a try and it'ssmooth, the most important issue is the cellular network not working,which is very important, hoping for a fix soon 😍
    Donations
    I usually don't like to shove donations in peoples faces but this was a MASSIVE undertaking for all of us involved with all of us either having school, work, or both. Many weekends and late nights have been spent getting the new Kernel and Android 12 ready. The Kernel was by far the biggest challenge as upstreaming from 3.18 to 4.4 is a huge project. It's taken over a year to get to his point. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated. I've linked mine and xxseva's (LG v20 dev) donation pages below.

xxseva44
    ROMSG