***BETA***[ROM][AOKP 8.1/Oreo][HLTE] AOKP Oreo for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)***BETA***

Search This thread

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Hya one and all. Can anyone else weigh in on this FIX??
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...trying-to-fix-bt-calling-issue-t3878607/page8

Lineage OS also is declaring it fixed in their 'Whats Working' section. They are claiming BT CALLING is working as well as BT Audio.

Any thoughts????
What!?!? I can't believe it's finally fixed! Guys, I know I haven't posted any hlte builds in a long time. I don't even have an hlte anymore, and I have been going crazy trying to fix selinux on aokp pie for cheeseburger (OP5). But this weekend, I'll get the hlte Oreo source pulled back down to my build box and get this fix, and all other updates, pulled in and put up a new beta build for you guys to test.

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
this weekend, I'll get the hlte Oreo source pulled back down to my build box and get this fix, and all other updates, pulled in and put up a new beta build for you guys to test.

I would think all the Note 3 sites would be exploding with the news! I will be happy to test this weekend any versions you get put together. Feel free to IM me or post here and let me know what I can do to help...

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Coming soon to a Note3 near you!

Alright guys, the magic is about to happen!
I have fetched in the latest Oreo updates, and picked the BT fixes from the lineage-16.0 branch back to AOKP Oreo.
The BT fix is NOT official yet, LOS is still doing some testing, so until they make it official, I will do more beta builds! I just started a set of builds with the fix, and hopefully I will have time to upload them tomorrow.
Stay tuned!

HUGE thanks to @jprimero15, and all of the LOS team that worked on this bug, even when us lesser mortals had given up!

Last edited:
Reactions: svbarbosa

jprimero15

Recognized Developer
  • Apr 3, 2015
    Oof
    Xiaomi Redmi 8
    Xiaomi Redmi 8A
    Alright guys, the magic is about to happen!
    I have fetched in the latest Oreo updates, and picked the BT fixes from the lineage-16.0 branch back to AOKP Oreo.
    The BT fix is NOT official yet, LOS is still doing some testing, so until they make it official, I will do more beta builds! I just started a set of builds with the fix, and hopefully I will have time to upload them tomorrow.
    Stay tuned!

HUGE thanks to @jprimero15, and all of the LOS team that worked on this bug, even when us lesser mortals had given up!

Before SOMEONE says im falsely praised and i didn't help on this BT thing.. Yes that's right.. Its not my commit but z3DD3r's originally for hammerhead.. And i only tried the fix on hlte and it worked.. But on other things for hlte.. I helped alot, one of this is contributing to LOS.. U can check the hlte trees on gerrit.. Actually its you(you know who you are) who didn't helped on anything..

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    It's here!!

Guys, the BT fix builds are up!!

This build has all of the committed changes for AOKP (almost none, everyone is in Pie mode, hahaha) and LOS since 12-09-2018.
    It also has the BT fix that Unidave199 brought to my attention.

Again guys, I want to emphasize that I did NOT author this fix! That honor goes to z3DD3r over at LOS.
    I want to give another huge thanks to @jprimero15 for testing the fix on hlte, along with @steadfasterX and Nolen Johnson for additional testing of the fix.

Please let me know how this build runs. I don't have an hlte to test on anymore.

Without further ado, here are the download links (also in OP):
    hlte
    hltechn
    hltekor
    hltetmo

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
    Guys, the BT fix builds are up!!

This build has all of the committed changes for AOKP (almost none, everyone is in Pie mode, hahaha) and LOS since 12-09-2018.
    It also has the BT fix that Unidave199 brought to my attention.

Sweet! Let me download it and I can do some testing... I just did a backup of AOKP Nougat so ready to wipe and try a little Oreo. I will report back by Friday what I find out..

Dave

Reactions: shane87

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
    Well damn. I'm on vacation next week, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll take a look and see if I made any errors pulling in the fixes.

Please let me know what I can do to help. Send me an IM and you can send a text my way if that helps.... I am loading HAVOC OS now to just see if BT will work on that..

EDIT:
    HAVOC OS doesnt seem to want to work with a Sprint Phone..

Update... I did load RR and the bluetooth works flawlessly on my PLT legend earpiece...

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Well damn. I'm on vacation next week, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll take a look and see if I made any errors pulling in the fixes.

Did you see this thread?? Its for PIE apparently but..........

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...mix-v7-0-0-t3894244/post79744270#post79744270

Last edited:

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    Please let me know what I can do to help. Send me an IM and you can send a text my way if that helps.... I am loading HAVOC OS now to just see if BT will work on that..

EDIT:
    HAVOC OS doesnt seem to want to work with a Sprint Phone..

Update... I did load RR and the bluetooth works flawlessly on my PLT legend earpiece...

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Did you see this thread?? Its for PIE apparently but..........

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...mix-v7-0-0-t3894244/post79744270#post79744270
    I hadn't seen that thread, but I would assume that that fix flash is a rebuild of the bt libs using the fix that I tried to include in my last build. As I said, I won't have time to do much work until late next week, but I would assume that I goofed the application of the fix. It also could be due to the fix being written for pie, and I am trying to apply it to Oreo. Like I said, I'll take a look through my tree next week, and see what I can figure out. Thanks so much for testing. I'll update when I know more or have more test builds.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    Another Build Is Up!

Hey guys, I just pushed a new set of builds up. When I checked my last build, I did pull in the BT fix from LOS, but I also screwed up my sync at the same time. It shouldn't have had any effect on the fix, but the Android build system is incredibly complex, so it is possible that it could have messed something up. Luckily, the only mess up that I made had to do with the LG G3, which I was only building for myself, and no longer have anything to do with. (My G3 died. Ah well, now I have an OP5, which I LOVE!!) Anyway, other than fixing that mess up, and pulling upstream updates (mostly translation imports) from LOS are the only changes in this build from the last one I posted.

Someone please test this and let me know if the fix worked this time.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    @shane87

Sorry boss, the bluetooth calling is a no go... same problems...

As always I am here to test whatever I can to help!

Dave
    Hmm, that's odd. I know that the fix is picked in and activated in the common tree. Damn. I'll take a look this weekend, see if I can dig anything up. I know that the fix is still not official on Los, and it was written for pie, not Oreo, so I may have to wait for them to make it official and backport it before I can get it working for us. I'll look at it over the next few days and see what I can find. Thanks again for testing.

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
    @shane87,

For whatever it is worth, I had loaded two flavors of Pie. EvolutionX and the RR version. Both rand pretty smooth and the BT calls were fine, but noticed that neither one of them would keep a 'lock' on my Fitbit Versa. I went back to your AOKP 7 so I can keep a reliable bluetooth connection which I depend on for notifications and tracking.

Ill be happy to keep testing as much as I can for ya..

D-

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
    Lost
    Redmi Note 9 Pro
    @shane87 hey! I was wondering if you knew if the aokp pie sources buildable for the note 3? I wanted to build some personal builds of it but my computers specs are atrocious atm and would take days to find out myself lol. thanks in advance

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    @shane87 hey! I was wondering if you knew if the aokp pie sources buildable for the note 3? I wanted to build some personal builds of it but my computers specs are atrocious atm and would take days to find out myself lol. thanks in advance

Well, AOKP pie in general is buildable. However, our selinux is a mess right now, many devices have to be built with selinux set to permissive. Also, there are no pie sources for hlte/hltetmo/hltechn/hltekor. You will have to fork los's hltex and msm8974-common pie trees, and update them to work with aokp. I haven't even started on pie trees because, a) the bt bug has kept Oreo from being official, so I didn't want to start pie forks and, b) I no longer have an hlte to do any testing on.

If you need any pointers on forking and converting the los trees, just shoot me a pm, it's not terribly difficult.

One final note, none of our pie sources have been updated recently. I have a TON of open pie commits on the aokp Gerrit, but they are over a month old. Everyone has been busy, and nothing has been merged in a while.

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
    Lost
    Redmi Note 9 Pro
    Well, AOKP pie in general is buildable. However, our selinux is a mess right now, many devices have to be built with selinux set to permissive. Also, there are no pie sources for hlte/hltetmo/hltechn/hltekor. You will have to fork los's hltex and msm8974-common pie trees, and update them to work with aokp. I haven't even started on pie trees because, a) the bt bug has kept Oreo from being official, so I didn't want to start pie forks and, b) I no longer have an hlte to do any testing on.

If you need any pointers on forking and converting the los trees, just shoot me a pm, it's not terribly difficult.

One final note, none of our pie sources have been updated recently. I have a TON of open pie commits on the aokp Gerrit, but they are over a month old. Everyone has been busy, and nothing has been merged in a while.

ahh okay. yea i was gonna fork @jprimero15 's sources for one of his pie roms like rr and edit them for aokp. I heard about the bt bug but im just using this as a side phone to mess around with. ill probably start work on a build for it tonight. If i run into any issues ill be sure to shoot you a PM :) I haven't compiled a rom in at least a year lol. thanks again.

also do you care if it builds alright that i make an unofficial thread for it? I was thinking of shipping it with a custom rom and other commits to make it distinguishable from the builds straight from source.

EDIT: also its been years so I can't remember if it was the zenfone 2 or nexus 6p but i was briefly the official/unofficial maintainer of it for aokp. We were just waiting on lineage to make their builds official before shipping ours but i took a break from rom maintain before we were able to see that through.

Last edited:

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
    Waynesburg, KY
    ahh okay. yea i was gonna fork @jprimero15 's sources for one of his pie roms like rr and edit them for aokp. I heard about the bt bug but im just using this as a side phone to mess around with. ill probably start work on a build for it tonight. If i run into any issues ill be sure to shoot you a PM :) I haven't compiled a rom in at least a year lol. thanks again.

also do you care if it builds alright that i make an unofficial thread for it? I was thinking of shipping it with a custom rom and other commits to make it distinguishable from the builds straight from source.

I am going to respond to this via pm, just to keep the thread clean and on topic.

Reactions: Niropa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      106.png

These are beta builds!!! Stuff may be broken/missing/jank!!! You have been warned.

[ROM][AOKP 8.1/OREO][HLTE] AOKP Oreo for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified) Beta Builds

These are beta builds!!! Stuff may be broken/missing/jank!!! You have been warned. Again.

Code:
      *** Disclaimer***
      Your warranty is now void!
      I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
      YOU are choosing to install it!
      If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
      If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

Read the above warnings again! These are BETA builds!
      They are [B]NOT[/B] feature-complete, nor are they guaranteed to run!
      By installing them, [B]YOU[/B] are assuming the risk of any potential problems!

Introduction
      AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!
      hlte builds are for hltexx/hltespr (SM-N9005/SM-N900P)
      hltechn builds are for hltezm (SM-N9008V)
      hltekor builds are for hltektt/hltelgt/hlteskt (SM-N900K/SM-N900L/SM-N9005 (SK Telecom ONLY))
      hltetmo builds are for hlteusc/hltetmo/hltevzw/hltecan (SM-N900R4/SM-N900T/SM-N900V/SM-N900W8)

Features
      • Android 8.1 Oreo
      • OMS/Substratum Support - Theming baked right in
      • SU baked in - No need for SuperSU/Magisk (Unless you want them!)
      • ROMControl App - A centralized place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical unicorn Bytes!!
      • More features coming soon! (P.S. Asking for ETA's is bad, unless you like NOT getting new features! ;) )

Known Issues
      • Bluetooth does not work with some devices - This is a known issue that also affects LineageOS-15.1 Fixed?
      • You tell me! I have limited testing time, so the more reports I get the better. Please see below for proper issue reporting!

Proper Issue Reporting
      • Make sure you are seeing the issue on a CLEAN install! If the problem pops up after a dirty flash, wipe data/factory reset and see if it still happens before reporting it
      • Make sure you have not flashed anything extra, such as 3rd party kernels, SuperSU, Magisk, Xposed, etc. These extra packages can cause their own issues. As above, try a full wipe and then only flash the ROM package and Gapps package, and see if the issue persists before reporting
      • In your report please include the following:
        • Issue you are seeing, and how to recreate it
        • Logcat/kmesg from right after the issue if possible
        • Build date of ROM you are running
        • Gapps package you have installed

Installation instructions
      • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
      • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
      • Flash ROM
      • Flash GAPPS
      • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
      • Reboot

Download

Changelog
      Code:
      [B][U]Detailed changelogs between each version can be found at download link[/U][/B]

[B][U]Current changelog: 07/21/2019[/U][/B]
      *[fix]BT bug fixed......again......maybe? lol
      *[update]Latest AOSP/LOS upstream changes (No AOKP changes since last build - We are all focused on Pie, when we have time!)

[B][U]Changelog: 07/06/2019[/U][/B]
      *[fix]BT bug finally squashed! - I hope anyway, let me know guys!
      *[update]Latest AOSP/AOKP/LOS upstream changes

[B][U]Changelog: 12/09/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix?]Changes in hardware/samsung (6 commits) - MAY fix BT issues!
      *[update]Latest AOSP/AOKP/LOS upstream changes

[B][U]Changelog: 11/18/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix?]Set proper WBS sample rate - MAY fix BT issues!
      *[update]Update to Android 8.1_r50 base
      *[update]All upstream changes since 09/16

[B][U]Changelog: 09/16/2018[/U][/B]
      *[update]Update to Android 8.1_r46 base
      *[new/update]Add SystemProfiles QS Tiles
      *[fix]Fix some QS tiles, remove some deprecated QS Tile code
      *[fix?]Fix spacing in bluetooth_vnd.txt, [i]possible[/i] BT issue fix?
      *Full changelog available at download link

[B][U]Changelog: 08/19/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix]Remove reference to mIsTap and Handler in absListViewWidgets.java (frameworks/base) - Fixes ListView mod widget issue
      *[fix]Camera regression from 08/12 build fixed - No clue what happened, but everything is working again.
      *[update]Add QS animation options to ROM Control
      *[update]Add QS title hide option to ROM Control
      *[update]Add AOKP logo on status bar option to ROM Control

[B][U]Changelog: 08/12/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix]su issues from previous build fixed
      *[update]Revert soundboost to stop speaker distortion [update]SoundBoost mods available at dl links!

[B][U]Changelog: 07/31/2018[/U][/B]
      *[update/fix?]Remove CarrierConfigs from hlte/hltetmo device trees; CarrierConfigs was duplicated in msm8974-common
      *[update/fix]Remove vendor security patch level from device trees, move to common tree

[B][U]Changelog: 06/24/2018[/U][/B]
      *[update]Use mpdecision from G900FXXU1CRA2_G900FOXA1CRA2_BTU
      *[update]Drop lib_cutils_atomic shim (was only needed for old mpdecision)
      *[fix?]Changing mpdecision and dropping the shim [B][U]SEEMS[/U][/B] to have fixed rotation on LOS, hopefully fixed for us

[B][U]Changelog: 06/03/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix]Boost sound levels across all devices

[B][U]Changelog: 05/14/2018[/U][/B]
      *[fix?]Commit pulled in from AOKP source to fix camera recording issues.
      *[update]Latest changes from AOKP source

[B][U]Changelog: 05/06/2018[/U][/B]
      *[update]Minor changes to QS header images support
      *[new]Scrollable QS tiles
      *[new]Add builds for hltechn/hltekor/hltetmo
      *Full changelog  available at download link

[B][U]Changelog: 4/30/18[/U][/B]
      *[fix?]Changes to phone call audio routing, may help BT phone audio issues
      *[fix?]New overlay that may help with auto-rotation bug
      *[new]Customizable header images

[B][U]Changelog: 4/23/2018[/U][/B]
      *[new]Initial AOKP Oreo Beta release for hlte

Thanks To/Credits
      • TeamKang
      • tdm
      • LineageOS
      • @stonedead - For finding sensor batching overlay; a potential rotation bug fix!

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
      Oreo Android Open Kang Project for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
      shane87
      Source Code: http://aokp.co/source/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.2.1-1
      Based On: AOKP

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: 2019-07-21
      Beta Release Date: 2019-07-21

Created 2018-04-24
      Last Updated 2019-07-21
      New AOKP Oreo Build

Hey guys, I was FINALLY able to get a build completed and uploaded! There are no huge changes in these builds, other than the requiste base updates pushed by AOSP/LOS/AOKP. The only changes of note are moving the VENDOR_SECURITY_PATCH_LEVEL definition to the common tree (shouldn't change anything, just makes life easier IF we ever have a vendor update (we won't lol)) and removing the CarrierConfigs from hlte/hltetmo trees. CarrierConfigs was duplicated into msm8974-common (one of the common device trees shared by this device and other Samsung devices built from the same SoC platform). This MAY help with the com.android.phone crash for Sprint (SM-N900P) users, though I am not positive, as I don't have a Sprint device to test on. In addition to CarrierConfigs being moved, it appears as though some changes were made to CarrierConfigs that may also help, though I have no control over those changes, as msm8974-common is pulled as-is from LOS source, so they have control of it. In any case, please test this build and let me know what you find. Especially you owners of Sprint devices! And, as always, thanks for being my guinea pigs!
      New AOKP Oreo Build

Hey guys, I just pushed a new set of builds. The new builds have some updates from LOS upstream, and from AOKP. Some of the highlights are update to the latest 8.1 r46 base, adding SystemProfile Tiles to the QS tiles, and some fixes to the way QS tiles are handled. One change that I made was a minor fix in the bluetooth_vnd.txt file. It is a small thing, but it could fix the bluetooth issues. Sometimes it's all in the details. So please test this build, especially bluetooth performance. I know that audio playback via bluetooth works, but I have no way to test phone call audio. As always, a full changelog between this build and the 08/19 build is available on the download page, and thanks for testing!
      Hey guys, just wanted to touch base with you all. I haven't forgotten the Note 3. I have just been super swamped at work, and taking vacation with the family. This weekend I am going to at least try to get a new build up, and see if I can dig in to some of these on going issues like the Bluetooth, random black screen with time in a blue box, the crashes on Sprint, and the button backlights. I do have to work an extra day this weekend, so I may not get much done, but I am trying to get back to doing weekly or bi-weekly builds.

I also have a question for everyone. How would you guys feel about me removing the sound boost from a couple of builds back and offering it as an add-on for those who need/want it? I have seen several reports of the volume being distorted since that volume boost went live.
      New AOKP Oreo Build

Hey guys, the new builds are up! Download links are in the OP. The big change in this build is, of course, the potential bt bug fix. So those of you seeing the bt issue, please test and let me know how it goes!