• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread
An updated for the ROM, in the v1.1 version will have the problem of using screen record (don't know why, but after a second flash of the rom , clean flash is causing issues). Try to record a lot of times but sometimes cause issues when recording, sometimes work.

The process I use is :
1 - Flash the ROM, reboot system
2 - Restart to recovery install, Magisk,MicroG F-Droid package from NanoDroid
3 - Update F-Droid and update Aurora Store.
4 - Open Aurora Store, Configure and them Install Screen Recorder from Kimcy929 (is the screen recorder with a blue icon) and them allow permission to access storage and them record.
5 - Record the android screen
6 - After all that if we record for some time, and them we try enable location or something the system crashes, I don't have any logs at this time, but this is the steps I use.

I will try to flash all the versions and see if I can record without any issues.

Update: After flash v1.0 SystemUI crashes when I was in F-droid and try to see the notification of F-Droid updating.
The v1.1 was userdebug build that might be the problem

What is your environment and command you use to build? I am investigated why my build sizes different. I built on Ubuntu 20.04 and use brunch athene to build. I have BOARD VNDK is not enabled - compiling vndk-sp. Do I need to do something ?
my build zip files size is 583915kB, and V1.2 build is 564948kb.
Yes thats normal

Try clearing /out/target/products/athene folder after every build

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Hi,

I'm using version v1.1 and everything is working fine and also the battery are good (not shutdown at 50%). Also, I find a fix for the camera.

In fuyukihidekii post about ArrowOS10, zitronenmelissa fix the camera issue doing the following:

1619467605791.png

I will add the flashable .zip too, so everyone could use

The steps that I do for the camera works, is:

1 - Reboot to TWRP Recovery, go to install
2 - Select the flashable zip from zitronenmelissa and swipe to flash
3 - After that I reboot to system, but after flash still not working.
4 - So, I reboot again to TWRP recovery, and go to Wipe
5 - Select Dalvik / ART Cache and swipe to wipe
6 - Reboot to system and them the camera works.

Here's the process that the flashable .zip does:
Change the values in
system/system/build.prop
system/vendor/build.prob
change
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0
to
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1

I test in 3 camera apps and works, 2 camera apps that comes with the ROM and 1 that I've been installed using F-Droid that is Open Camera. Hope to help everyone

Attachments

• hal3fix.zip
    388.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Ghost Reborn!!!
Hi,

I'm using version v1.1 and everything is working fine and also the battery are good (not shutdown at 50%). Also, I find a fix for the camera.

In fuyukihidekii post about ArrowOS10, zitronenmelissa fix the camera issue doing the following:

View attachment 5291771

Change the values in
system/system/build.prop
system/vendor/build.prob
change
to

I test in 3 camera apps and works, 2 camera apps that comes with the ROM and 1 that I've been installed using F-Droid that is Open Camera. Hope to help everyone
Hey thanks for the help

It worked perfectly

Reactions: Lenkarin

M pigoli

Hi,

View attachment 5291771

Change the values in
system/system/build.prop
system/vendor/build.prob
change
to

when i use this correction i can no longer use fingerprint or home button.

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Version v1.3 and v1.4 has problems with Quickstep, try to install in my phone and quickstep is showing not responding and prevent me to use the phone normally.

Apr 27, 2021
Moto G4 Plus
Version v1.3 and v1.4 has problems with Quickstep, try to install in my phone and quickstep is showing not responding and prevent me to use the phone normally.
I fixed it by installing v1.2 and then installing fdroid and aurora store. Then, i dirty flashed to v1.4, and went to the notifications bar. Tapped on the gear icon, and it took me to the settings. From there i went to Settings > Apps > Fdroid. After opening Fdriod's application page, i clicked "Open" That opened fdroid and then I installed lawnchair launcher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenkarin

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
I fixed it by installing v1.2 and then installing fdroid and aurora store. Then, i dirty flashed to v1.4, and went to the notifications bar. Tapped on the gear icon, and it took me to the settings. From there i went to Settings > Apps > Fdroid. After opening Fdriod's application page, i clicked "Open" That opened fdroid and then I installed lawnchair launcher.
I will try here, maybe we can do a clean flash of v1.4 and them flash nanodroid fdroid and aurora store and install lawnchair, did you uninstall quickstep or disable it?

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Try to do here, and it works but the task swticher is not working. I will try to do something that I think here and see if works

Edit: Try to extract the apk from Quickstep from v1.2 version and doesn't works at all, so the latest version that is everything working is v1.2

Last edited:

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
I find another bug with WhatsApp that is the WhatsApp Web when you try scan the QR code in the website, is not recognized by the android. Not sure if is related to the camera bug.
Using the v1.2 version.

Reactions: M pigoli

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Testing the new version v1.5, everything is working fine except the problem with quickstep and a new one that I see when system loads other than that is working as v1.2
Here's the screenshot of the error:
Screenshot_Android_System_20210429-010837.png

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Sorry to say that v1.4 was worst for clean flash users

I checked only using dirty flash, next update fixed everything
Testing here, I just download after 30min you upload the file hahah, it's awesome. Quickstep I think is a little better for ArrowOS that has the function Hidden & Protected Apps not sure lawnchair has this function but great work Ghost.
I will continue helping with feedback and finding bugs, since I don't know how to build a ROM :( or fix a problem inside or even edit a one :/

Lenkarin

Jul 17, 2020
Another bug is happening is when you switch to Video in camera, appear a message saying can't connect to the camera
Screenshot_Camera_20210429-113039.png

So, in the moment we can only take pictures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V1.9

Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210806-VANILLA.zip MD5 c68d1949e19e7fbfaed1c6c497aca89f
    twrp-3.3.1-0-athene.img (by Lyuu) MD5 55b37b1d9d370b721f98ef0deef844e3

• Came from Stock 8.1, flashed TWRP from above and cleared all partitions, installed the most recent v1.9 build and then directly gapps 10 64 pico
    • Works fine so far, except the known issue with the flash light
    • Had to skip signing in to Google account on first boot, no problem on second boot

Root

• Flashed Magisk 23.0
    • SafetyNet check was ok after activating MagiskHide module, device showing as not certified in Play store
    • no need to change device fingerprint (it was set google taimen 8.1.0), just switched to in flight modes deleted all cache and memory of Play store and Play services
    • After going back online device was shown as passing SafetyNet and after some time also as certified in Play store
    Just followed this and it worked seamless - got safetynet enabled first time. Thanks @xdauser11
    Excellent your android 10 pixel experience rom, it works too well, only the battery is draining fast.
    grade 9.5.
    870d0900bc8e5feebb2fea9db4051c8fc84f.png

ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
    Screenshots

ss1.png
    ss2.png
    ss3.png
    ss4.png

Changelog
    • SafetyNet passed (Use Magisk Hide)
    • QuickStep as default launcher
    • DTV fixed
    Note
    • Clean flash is recommended
    • Flash Magisk with the rom
    • Flash Gapps after booting to system

Download: Beta v1.8

Thanks to :

fuyukihidekii - source and support
    Lyuu
    Jer
    Korin67
    Rajat Gupta
    LooneyCRD
    and many others...

Note

EVERY CREDIT GOES TO fuyukihidekii - I just used his sources
    I will continue developing till athene becomes stable
    By : Ghost Reborn!!!

Source :
    device kernel vendor
    No problem. Thanks to you, we have Android Q on a outdated device. It doesn't matter if things go slow. What matters, is that we make progress.
    Anybody facing issues while offline charging?
    Mine doesn't charge while switched off. The screen lights up.. charging logo shows but it just sits there
    Should I flash this ROM? I'm on android 9 arrow OS.

The current phone situation is that it has volume buttons broken. Only button can be used.

What if I got a boot loop? I won't be able to go to recovery due to broken volume buttons.

So, should I proceed? Or should I wait for a stable release (if it is near)?
    Don't take the risk bro...
    The stable is far away but still wait... don't do it.

And Arrow OS android 9 facilitates better features and customisations than Android 10 beta. I tried.
    The only feel you will get is of stock android 10.
    Does ghost still even maintain this ROM? He hasn't been online since April 29th.
    The Rom Updated today