Search This thread

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Hello everyone, I ask, is this rom discontinued? Too bad it seemed like a great project, and from what I read it is close to being stable. There is no rom other than android 7 and below that is stable. At least in my experience the 8 and 9 always have a problem (sorry for my English)
Yeah, it's so sad, especially since the last update was months ago, the only things that this rom needed to be fixed were flashlight toggle on notification bar, fix the ROM's camera because only certain GCam mod works putting it on system and trying to increase performance and free RAM for 2 GB RAM devices

Reactions: Mr.Brownstone97

Mr.Brownstone97

Feb 25, 2022
Redmi K20 Pro
Yeah, it's so sad, especially since the last update was months ago, the only things that this rom needed to be fixed were flashlight toggle on notification bar, fix the ROM's camera because only certain GCam mod works putting it on system and trying to increase performance and free RAM for 2 GB RAM devices
It's true, in the end, I always end up going back to some android 7 or 8 Stock rom In my case I am now with ViperOs (7.1) at least it is still functional

Mr.Brownstone97

Feb 25, 2022
Redmi K20 Pro
I loved it too...but in my case...way too much random reboots. :(
The thing about restarts happens to me with almost any rom, the solution I found is to lower the frequencies of the processor and gpu a little At the moment I don't have random restarts, but if I put maximum power they will surely come back I hope that advice helps you There's not much performance loss either.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
I loved it too...but in my case...way too much random reboots. :(
Yeah, i can understand that too, in my case, the solution was to install LiteGapps Go because normal GApps were keeping my device to freeze and force reboots
The thing about restarts happens to me with almost any rom, the solution I found is to lower the frequencies of the processor and gpu a little At the moment I don't have random restarts, but if I put maximum power they will surely come back I hope that advice helps you There's not much performance loss either.
It's strange because for me, random reboots doesn't happen on the roms i use but AOSiP Arm64 overheats my device at the point it disconnect randomly and constantly my wifi connection

Jun 30, 2022
Will try...the rom in using hasn't given me any reboots yet.

Jun 30, 2022
Yeah, i can understand that too, in my case, the solution was to install LiteGapps Go because normal GApps were keeping my device to freeze and force reboots

It's strange because for me, random reboots doesn't happen on the roms i use but AOSiP Arm64 overheats my device at the point it disconnect randomly and constantly my wifi connection
Looks like bitGapps is doing the same lite thing for me ;)

Mr.Brownstone97

Feb 25, 2022
Redmi K20 Pro

I had no idea about gapps, I'm going to try them, maybe even improve performance By the way, what rom are you using? or which one do you recommend?

Jun 30, 2022

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
I had no idea about gapps, I'm going to try them, maybe even improve performance By the way, what rom are you using? or which one do you recommend?
Well, i was using Lineage OS 16 but i had to install Google Messages and Carrier Services to receive sms messages from apps like Telegram and WhatsApp, AOSiP for me, gives me constant wifi disconnections and Nougat Roms are bugged, i have to reboot once or even twice to detect files from my SD Card, i could recommend Stock Oreo (but in my case has an android.process.media bug) or Lineage OS 15.1 (you need forcefully to install Magisk before v24 and enable Magisk Hide to pass SafetyNet)

Mr.Brownstone97

Feb 25, 2022
Redmi K20 Pro
Well, i was using Lineage OS 16 but i had to install Google Messages and Carrier Services to receive sms messages from apps like Telegram and WhatsApp, AOSiP for me, gives me constant wifi disconnections and Nougat Roms are bugged, i have to reboot once or even twice to detect files from my SD Card, i could recommend Stock Oreo (but in my case has an android.process.media bug) or Lineage OS 15.1 (you need forcefully to install Magisk before v24 and enable Magisk Hide to pass SafetyNet)
How sad, so many roms and almost none are stable, not even stock, the phone already has too many factory problems it seems

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
How sad, so many roms and almost none are stable, not even stock, the phone already has too many factory problems it seems
Sadly, it's true, even Nougat Stock Rom has it's problems, on any other music player outside Play Music, it doesn't read the tags of some of my music, on many wallpaper apps, applying an wallpaper for lockscreen and home screen only applies the wallpaper on home screen, etc.

For me, on Stock Oreo Rom, i'm having android.process.media crashing and SafetyNet triggers Unlocked Bootloader (Nougat Stock ROM doesn't detect it on custom Kernels, didn't test on stock kernel but i get bad key on logo)

And from all Pie Roms, the only Stable one is AOSiP besides some problems i have on that ROM

Also, we can completely forget about having updates about android 10 and 11 roms, even the unstable ones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    870d0900bc8e5feebb2fea9db4051c8fc84f.png

ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
    Screenshots

ss1.png
    ss2.png
    ss3.png
    ss4.png

Changelog
    • SafetyNet passed (Use Magisk Hide)
    • QuickStep as default launcher
    • DTV fixed
    Note
    • Clean flash is recommended
    • Flash Magisk with the rom
    • Flash Gapps after booting to system

Download: Beta v1.8

Thanks to :

fuyukihidekii - source and support
    Lyuu
    Jer
    Korin67
    Rajat Gupta
    LooneyCRD
    and many others...

Note

EVERY CREDIT GOES TO fuyukihidekii - I just used his sources
    I will continue developing till athene becomes stable
    By : Ghost Reborn!!!

Source :
    device kernel vendor
    V1.9

Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210806-VANILLA.zip MD5 c68d1949e19e7fbfaed1c6c497aca89f
    twrp-3.3.1-0-athene.img (by Lyuu) MD5 55b37b1d9d370b721f98ef0deef844e3

• Came from Stock 8.1, flashed TWRP from above and cleared all partitions, installed the most recent v1.9 build and then directly gapps 10 64 pico
    • Works fine so far, except the known issue with the flash light
    • Had to skip signing in to Google account on first boot, no problem on second boot

Root

• Flashed Magisk 23.0
    • SafetyNet check was ok after activating MagiskHide module, device showing as not certified in Play store
    • no need to change device fingerprint (it was set google taimen 8.1.0), just switched to in flight modes deleted all cache and memory of Play store and Play services
    • After going back online device was shown as passing SafetyNet and after some time also as certified in Play store
    No problem. Thanks to you, we have Android Q on a outdated device. It doesn't matter if things go slow. What matters, is that we make progress.
    Anybody facing issues while offline charging?
    Mine doesn't charge while switched off. The screen lights up.. charging logo shows but it just sits there
    Does ghost still even maintain this ROM? He hasn't been online since April 29th.
    The Rom Updated today