Search This thread

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Well, i'm testing it and for now i found those details on 1.8

1. Torch QS tile doesn't work (i put it only for the people that wants to install it)
2. Sometimes, camera doesn't take any photo/video and sometimes does it, happens same for flash
3. QS tiles look way too separated at the point they are kinda outside QS zone (This is not important but it could be appreciated if this gets fixed)

Last edited:

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
Hi,

did I do something wrong, Google Play Services crashes during entering my google account?

Code:
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ ls -l
total 828264
-rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd 603960559 Aug  1 17:40 Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210612-VANILLA.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd   6874374 Aug  1 17:53 Magisk-v23-0.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd 221254764 Aug  1 17:53 open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210730.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd  16033792 Aug  1 17:58 twrp-3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64_rajatgupta1998.img
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ adb reboot bootloader
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ fastboot devices
ZY223MVSV7      fastboot
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64_rajatgupta1998.img
(bootloader) has-slot:recovery: not found
(bootloader) is-logical:recovery: not found
Sending 'recovery' (15658 KB)                      OKAY [  0.498s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 (bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt

OKAY [  0.446s]
Finished. Total time: 0.987s
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ adb reboot recovery
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ adb sideload Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210612-VANILLA.zip
serving: 'Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210612-VANILLA.zip'  (~47%)    adb: failed to read command: Success
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ adb sideload Magisk-v23-0.zip                            
serving: 'Magisk-v23-0.zip'  (~62%)    adb: failed to read command: Success
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$ adb sideload open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210730.zip
serving: 'open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210730.zip'  (~52%)    adb: failed to read command: Success
rd@h370:~/Downloads/Athene$

On top of that the device gets hot.

Update: After a reboot, I managed to complete the installation.

For completeness the sources I used:

- twrp: https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-arm64-twrp-recovery-3-2-2-r1-10-july-18.3722206/
- arrowos 10: v1.8 linked at page 1 of this thread https://xdaforums.com/t/beta-rom-q-arrow-os-10-athene-12-june-2021.4265753/
- Magisk: https://magisk.me/zip/
- OpenGApps: arm64-android10-nano: https://opengapps.org/

Works well after the installation glitch was "resolved" by the reboot. Camera crashed when taking the first picture, but worked afterwards (photos, did not test videos).

Last edited:
Reactions: joefidler

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
which twrp should i use ?
I recommend the one of this link, the three files are the same TWRP version, link not mine, i also recommend it because this could backup EFS, so if you want to go back to stock rom, you need to first backup EFS or you will lose IMEI

DEADBOLT69

Jun 22, 2021
I recommend the one of this link, the three files are the same TWRP version, link not mine, i also recommend it because this could backup EFS, so if you want to go back to stock rom, you need to first backup EFS or you will lose IMEI

thanks

D

Deleted member 9636854

V1.9

Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210806-VANILLA.zip MD5 c68d1949e19e7fbfaed1c6c497aca89f
twrp-3.3.1-0-athene.img (by Lyuu) MD5 55b37b1d9d370b721f98ef0deef844e3

• Came from Stock 8.1, flashed TWRP from above and cleared all partitions, installed the most recent v1.9 build and then directly gapps 10 64 pico
  • Works fine so far, except the known issue with the flash light
  • Had to skip signing in to Google account on first boot, no problem on second boot

Root

• Flashed Magisk 23.0
  • SafetyNet check was ok after activating MagiskHide module, device showing as not certified in Play store
  • no need to change device fingerprint (it was set google taimen 8.1.0), just switched to in flight modes deleted all cache and memory of Play store and Play services
  • After going back online device was shown as passing SafetyNet and after some time also as certified in Play store

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.land

Aug 8, 2021
Should I flash this ROM? I'm on android 9 arrow OS.

The current phone situation is that it has volume buttons broken. Only power button can be used.

What if I got a boot loop? I won't be able to go to recovery due to broken volume buttons.

So, should I proceed? Or should I wait for a stable release (if it is near)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Viraj Naik

Viraj Naik

Jun 18, 2019
Should I flash this ROM? I'm on android 9 arrow OS.

The current phone situation is that it has volume buttons broken. Only button can be used.

What if I got a boot loop? I won't be able to go to recovery due to broken volume buttons.

So, should I proceed? Or should I wait for a stable release (if it is near)?
Don't take the risk bro...
The stable is far away but still wait... don't do it.

And Arrow OS android 9 facilitates better features and customisations than Android 10 beta. I tried.
The only feel you will get is of stock android 10.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019

And Arrow OS android 9 facilitates better features and customisations than Android 10 beta. I tried.
Yeah but for this phone, Arrow OS version isn't completely stable though, i noticed an high battery usage, pretty less ram than Arm64 AOSiP and if you put dark theme, you will get dark notifications with dark text, hardly readable. Do you know if there are updates for Arrow OS pie? the one i installed had those bugs

M pigoli

totally discouraging post.
total lack of practice in such a post, what I said is not the truth.

Reactions: chuy19312

Red152006

Sep 5, 2021
My phone started to reboot randomly after installing it. I solved this issue once in stock rom by replacing battery. Should I replace the battery again or is there any other solution.

_.mo.hamed

Apr 23, 2019
I installed this rom and it works fine. I haven't had any problem with it yet except one.

The problem is that I am not able to sign in to my google account. It keeps showing me that it can't connect to google servers. I've tried everything I can find on the internet. I've tried resetting hosts file in '/system/etc', Clearing Cache of apps and system, Installing latest google play services, I've tried installing different version of Gapps, Tried re-installing the ROM. Is there any other way to try and fix this?

Though I don't require the google playstore much, Some apps that I use need google play services to function. Despite this problem I haven't had any other issue with this rom yet. Thanks

Soul.land

Aug 8, 2021
You can use MicroG services instead of GApps. Simply flash the magisk and install the microg (magisk) module. Now you won't have to rely on google services anymore. It will give you better speed, privacy and control on your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    870d0900bc8e5feebb2fea9db4051c8fc84f.png

ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
    Screenshots

ss1.png
    ss2.png
    ss3.png
    ss4.png

Changelog
    • SafetyNet passed (Use Magisk Hide)
    • QuickStep as default launcher
    • DTV fixed
    Note
    • Clean flash is recommended
    • Flash Magisk with the rom
    • Flash Gapps after booting to system

Download: Beta v1.8

Thanks to :

fuyukihidekii - source and support
    Lyuu
    Jer
    Korin67
    Rajat Gupta
    LooneyCRD
    and many others...

Note

EVERY CREDIT GOES TO fuyukihidekii - I just used his sources
    I will continue developing till athene becomes stable
    By : Ghost Reborn!!!

Source :
    device kernel vendor
    D
    Deleted member 9636854
    V1.9

Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210806-VANILLA.zip MD5 c68d1949e19e7fbfaed1c6c497aca89f
    twrp-3.3.1-0-athene.img (by Lyuu) MD5 55b37b1d9d370b721f98ef0deef844e3

• Came from Stock 8.1, flashed TWRP from above and cleared all partitions, installed the most recent v1.9 build and then directly gapps 10 64 pico
    • Works fine so far, except the known issue with the flash light
    • Had to skip signing in to Google account on first boot, no problem on second boot

Root

• Flashed Magisk 23.0
    • SafetyNet check was ok after activating MagiskHide module, device showing as not certified in Play store
    • no need to change device fingerprint (it was set google taimen 8.1.0), just switched to in flight modes deleted all cache and memory of Play store and Play services
    • After going back online device was shown as passing SafetyNet and after some time also as certified in Play store
    No problem. Thanks to you, we have Android Q on a outdated device. It doesn't matter if things go slow. What matters, is that we make progress.
    Anybody facing issues while offline charging?
    Mine doesn't charge while switched off. The screen lights up.. charging logo shows but it just sits there
    Does ghost still even maintain this ROM? He hasn't been online since April 29th.
    The Rom Updated today