[app] TigerVNC for Windows on ARM32

Search This thread

mbjun

Feb 10, 2006
OK, you are the hard-working minor (It almost sounds like child labor is involved.), who is now homeless and Windowsless and badinternetful and travelful and timeless and ... even doesn't want money (!). 8) BTW: Dunno what FOSS means, but I do know fosshub.com.
So, I stand corrected and I don't expect anything, anywhere, anywhen, anyhow. :p

But I WORKED HARD TOO! I tested all your ports on W8-1 RT arm32 and:
GIMP works OK (apart gimp-console-2.10.exe bug I wrote about here: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-beta-gimp-2-10-for-windows-on-arm32.4451445/post-87309247 , which isn't fixed BTW :p),
LMMS works OK,
make.arm.exe and cmake.exe works OK (cpack.exe and ctest.exe say "Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT"),
Otter says "The procedure entry point atan2 could not be located in the dynamic link library \Program Files\Otter\Qt5WebKit.dll." and quits.
TigerVNC TLS and NonTLS winvnc4.exe says "The procedure entry point CreateProcessAsUserA could not be located in the dynamic link library \Program Files\TigerVNC\winvnc4.exe." and quits. Viewer and Config EXEs work.
SuperTuxCart works OK,
ClassiCube works OK.
So, overall I give you an A- . :p Not bad at all. ]:)

Last edited:

frylockk19

OK, you are the hard-working minor (It almost sounds like child labor is involved.), who is now homeless and Windowsless and badinternetful and travelful and timeless and ... even doesn't want money (!). 8) BTW: Dunno what FOSS means, but I do know fosshub.com.
So, I stand corrected and I don't expect anything, anywhere, anywhen, anyhow. :p

But I WORKED HARD TOO! I tested all your ports on W8-1 RT arm32 and:
GIMP works OK (apart gimp-console-2.10.exe bug I wrote about here: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-beta-gimp-2-10-for-windows-on-arm32.4451445/post-87309247 , which isn't fixed BTW :p),
LMMS works OK,
make.arm.exe and cmake.exe works OK (cpack.exe and ctest.exe say "Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT"),
Otter says "The procedure entry point atan2 could not be located in the dynamic link library \Program Files\Otter\Qt5WebKit.dll." and quits.
TigerVNC TLS and NonTLS winvnc4.exe says "The procedure entry point CreateProcessAsUserA could not be located in the dynamic link library \Program Files\TigerVNC\winvnc4.exe." and quits. Viewer and Config EXEs work.
SuperTuxCart works OK,
ClassiCube works OK.
So, overall I give you an A- . :p Not bad at all. ]:)
I'm not homeless and child labor is not involved. I'm 17 and work a part time job, and I'm simply only in a position where I currently do not have my own room and cannot use my desktop as much anymore. I was out of state for vacation and it very rarely happens. But, all that aside, XDA really isn't the place for a conversation like this. Anywho, ARM64 isn't my spot either, so I'm not exactly sure why you want me to mess with it since I don't own any devices for it. In terms of ARM and Windows, I only own one ARM32 device. My Surface 2. The only ARM64 device I own is a Raspberry Pi 3 and I do not plan to install Windows on ARM on it (if that's even possible on that model). Also, as for bugs in older releases, those are things I can't exactly help. GIMP is a bit of a frankenstein build. It's a huge mix of shared/static libraries, which I've moved away from since. I'm decently sure fontconfig is literally a requirement and I just used a static library there. I can't just get a new build out whenever because it's very time consuming to test GIMP where there are so many things to need to test and even then I'm going to miss something unless it's in the obvious areas of where the user goes. Not to mention, we don't even have GTK ready in master (mxe-SHARED) yet. OpenGL stuff is in a separate branch and currently untested on target devices. As for CMake, it has errors because you have to set environment variables usually, but even then that build is from like 2021. I haven't had the time to update it and GNU make and open source them, but I'd like to. Otter and TigerVNC Server are normal to not run on RT8.1 anymore and are not fixable as it's an LLVM thing (not even a bug) and not related to anything I can change.

Top Liked Posts