[BETA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 7280252

No, kernel part is OK.
P.S. It is really very disappointing, because all others features are working great, performance is more better as on los13, battery life too..Security also in enforcing mode by me..Only camera big, big splinter in the ass)
I know..
Maybe some day.

HuskyChan

Jul 23, 2016
Big **** is that's camera stuff can not to be easy ported from other similar device, which have android 7.0...and similar IMG mechanism. basically it can be, but need really hard work on it..

Is there any progress being made regarding the camera , and are you the only one working on it right now while T1mb3 is away?

spirtix

Sep 28, 2016
Prague
Is there any progress being made regarding the camera , and are you the only one working on it right now while T1mb3 is away?
I think I'm the only developer working on it open source (papsi has closed source ROM for Honor 7). I firstly need to fix GPS on Honor 7, so there's no progress on camera, but we've found some resources regarding to battery drain. :)

HuskyChan

Jul 23, 2016
I think I'm the only developer working on it open source (papsi has closed source ROM for Honor 7). I firstly need to fix GPS on Honor 7, so there's no progress on camera, but we've found some resources regarding to battery drain. :)

Also I wonder how does Huawei P8 Lite still get updates , and has so many more people creating custom ROMs for it? Like Project Open Kirin just released Oreo for Huawei P8 Lite.

Last edited:

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Also I wonder how does Huawei P8 Lite still get updates , and has so many more people creating custom ROMs for it? Like Project Open Kirin just released Oreo for Huawei P8 Lite.

It is a different soc, so it is quite different, plus I think they got official nougat so oreo isn't that far off.

papsi177

Sep 30, 2013
Saint-Petersburg
papsi177.blogspot.ru
Yes, I have a progress related to camera and I hope soon I will have camera working at least on same level as I have on my los13 build.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I think I'm the only developer working on it open source (papsi has closed source ROM for Honor 7).
Yes, this is true. I am working on my closed source.

D

Deleted member 7280252

Yes, I have a progress related to camera and I hope soon I will have camera working at least on same level as I have on my los13 build.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I hope you can share your solution if you get it working..

HuskyChan

Jul 23, 2016

Let's hope when recording a video there won't be any fps drops :)

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

By the way , has anyone tried to get in contact with these guys? https://openkirin.net/

They make custom roms for Huawei devices , and keep them somewhat up to date. Maybe they could help out?

spirtix

Sep 28, 2016
Prague
By the way , has anyone tried to get in contact with these guys? https://openkirin.net/

They make custom roms for Huawei devices , and keep them somewhat up to date. Maybe they could help out?
Yes, but every SOC is slightly different, so it isn't that easy and the camera implementation by Huawei is quite crazy.

Well, he probably used my kernel patches and some advices to get the build environment working, so it would be nice.

papsi177

Sep 30, 2013
Saint-Petersburg
papsi177.blogspot.ru
Well, he probably used my kernel patches and some advices to get the build environment working, so it would be nice.
I don't use any patches from you for kernel, believe me. I use just sepolicy update patch for android N. That's all, I don't see any importate changes in kernel source by you. But..

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

It may be, because I use help of one clewer guy) and it may be published as patch..or as vendor blobs..

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Well, I tried many times..OpenKirin team are really clewer guys, big thanks for HwComposer. But in other questions I didn't get any help or any ideas. But I asked concrete questions..And if you look on OpenKirin source carefully, you will understand thats they shared just templates device trees.. It need work on it to get full compatible device tree. And BTW..I don't see any camera blobs in many vendors..So, if they have working camera, then I
amazed, how they got it:silly::silly:

Reactions: spirtix

spirtix

Sep 28, 2016
Prague
I don't use any patches from you for kernel, believe me. I use just sepolicy update patch for android N. That's all, I don't see any importate changes in kernel source by you.
At least you had the inspiration from already working device/vendor tree, but let it be :)

Well, I tried many times..OpenKirin team are really clever guys, big thanks for HwComposer. But in other questions I didn't get any help or any ideas. But I asked concrete questions..And if you look on OpenKirin source carefully, you will understand thats they shared just templates device trees.. It need work on it to get full compatible device tree. And BTW..I don't see any camera blobs in many vendors..So, if they have working camera, then I
amazed, how they got it:silly::silly:
I exchanged some messages and it looks like they have something like "unified" package for camera and other libs for every system version, but they use different hwcam and hw libs specifically for every model. Someone even mentioned that the camera should be working without HwCamCfgSvr, but maybe they just have their own.
It's interesting how many devs work on Huawei devices closed-source (compared to other boards), but it's understandable, because it's so hard to work with absolutely closed Huawei boards (in comparison with Qualcomm or Mediatek)

papsi177

Sep 30, 2013
Saint-Petersburg
papsi177.blogspot.ru
At least you had the inspiration from already working device/vendor tree, but let it be :)
Device tree have not much difference if compare to los13 device tree. It may say almost the SAME. Important is small things like sepolicy, sound configurations, media codecs and so on..I saw you device tree, vendor and didn't understood why I have bootloop because of audiopolicy...So, it was spent a lot time to configure sound properly...android 7 way..

HuskyChan

Jul 23, 2016
What's with the X above the signal bar?

Attachments

• IMG_20180729_141042.jpg
    IMG_20180729_141042.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 386

Top Liked Posts