BETA4: Michy's R6.5 B 21202 - 07/04/09

Search This thread

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
nice, will test as soon as i get home to download. if it wsnt on rapidshare i would download and flash from my mobie but rapidshare (free) doesnt allow download to mobile on large files.

Brau0303

May 9, 2006
Near Cincinnati, OH
My Observations so far:

-it looks like the blank notification screens seem to be fixed.
-it seems to be a bit better on memory usage & reclaiming.
-looks like PIE is in somewhat more working order as well.
-some other small things just seem to run more smoothly.

Cheers
BR

digigem

Jul 14, 2005
Thanks for the info am gonna try this now.Michy's R6.5 Build 21198 working well with installed apps.
Thanks for your work Michy

Device: HTC x7500
ROM: Michy R6.5 build 21198 Beta2
Radio version: 1.58.00.00
SPL: Hard-SPL v 3.5 Olipro
Mundu IM
Spb Weather
Spb Time
Pim Backup

feyisetan

Jul 2, 2007
Kent
To instal from NBH

I know I have done this before but have no clue now how to extract installation file from the NBH, I've searched and used the NBH extract tool but oly extracted 1 NB file, which I don't know what to do with. Advise will be appreciated.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
I know I have done this before but have no clue now how to extract installation file from the NBH, I've searched and used the NBH extract tool but oly extracted 1 NB file, which I don't know what to do with. Advise will be appreciated.

what are you trying to do? are you trying to flash the rom to your device? if so you don't need to extract the .nbh just click on the RomUpdateUtility.exe that is in the extracted folder (make sure your device is connected first) and go through the prompts.

EDIT:
so I just download and saw that update utility isn't there. I will try to upload for you.

EDIT:
so change this just from .zip to .rar and extract to a folder, then exact/put michy's ruu_signed.nbh into that folder, click the updateutility and follow the promts.

any problems you might have just state so. or send me a private message

Attachments

• UpdateUtility.zip
    475.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

feyisetan

Jul 2, 2007
Kent
You're very Helpful

what are you trying to do? are you trying to flash the rom to your device? if so you don't need to extract the .nbh just click on the RomUpdateUtility.exe that is in the extracted folder (make sure your device is connected first) and go through the prompts.

EDIT:
so I just download and saw that update utility isn't there. I will try to upload for you.

EDIT:
so change this just from .zip to .rar and extract to a folder, then exact/put michy's ruu_signed.nbh into that folder, click the updateutility and follow the promts.

any problems you might have just state so. or send me a private message

That was very helpful of you, I've downloaded the file and did not have to add rar extension as I simply unzipped and moved the NBH into same file. I can't say thank you enough, been on this for past 3 hours, now It's updating. Cheers.

mn3kgtvr4

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks again Michy.

Yes, if troubles just download Michy's 21198 file and replace Nbh with this current one since the old one had installer in it. Works fine.

Definitely seems faster even after programs loaded. Incoming calls/sms don't seem to cause slowness with notifications. Very smooth.

Active Synch problems persist, works like a charm the first time then after any soft reset cannot get to resume synching

Last edited:

tootallk2000

Jan 16, 2008
Atlanta
Noticed that Garmin Mobile XT's attempts to launch but doesn't. After a soft reset it launches then freezes. Will continue to test other applications to see what's going on.

pigeonking

Apr 1, 2007
Hello,Michy:

Thanks for ur effor on athena.

I have installed beta3 and beta4 on my device. There is a problem on both roms. When I play xvid(avi) files by tcpmp, there is always error message, tcpmp has trouble on wav(sound) output. The video is ok, but there is no sound. After I use tcpmp to play avi video, the whole device has no sound output, what I can do is to reboot my device.

Anyway, it's a great rom, thanks again.

cash365

Apr 19, 2007
Great work Michy!

Here is what I found until now:

1) Link of Menu settings in Settings/Personal doesn't work at all.

2) Link of Wow Settings, USB to PC, SMS Mode, ROM information in Settings/System doesn't work after the 2nd boot, but if you reboot again problem solved (4th now and no problem).

4) In Sounds & Notifications when you open it says that the ring tones are corrupted and you can't exit the application, problem solved on the 4th reboot after I opened the same tab from Phone/Options/.

5) Battleship's and moBlue's lower screen missing on landscape mode.

6) There seems to be a mess up with the VGA drivers and the enabling of X7510 Autorotate Service and the Submenu. The screen gets distorted in the upper half part. 5th reboot now and seems like problem solved, for now, but from the 3rd reboot I have disabled the Submenu.

7) After a while of using the ROM the Program memory goes almost to zero.

8) Is it my idea or the VGA drivers don't perform so well???

9) Can't confirm sync problem since I didn't had anything yet 5th sync and going well.

10) When pressing on the power button on the upper right corner I can't open the power menu, the link is broken???

Again great work!

mokhabarat

Jul 13, 2006
Beirut
downloading now

downloading now...beta3 had a problem with the threaded sms, once they build up in a conversation it becomes a nightmare to send an sms or to just close the conversation after reading one! hope this is fixed :)

mn3kgtvr4

Nov 9, 2007
Always a reminder to HARD reset at least once after a new ROM!

Ringtone issue is fixed for me

Active Synch works great, then seems to break after a soft reset. I haven't even had to soft reset since yesterday though so we'll see.

Performance seems a LOT better this go round.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
exellent rom michy, its just super sweet! I was gonna write a whole list of stuff, but I might do it later from the phone. keep up the good work.

I have to say that TouchPal now works with this build flawlessly, no hickups, it even seems faster than on 6.1 too. :) happy camper here.

Last edited: