How To Guide Better battery life and less heat-up

Search This thread

johndaniel

Sep 6, 2008
Sony Xperia 1 III
A great way to reduce heat generated on the xperia 1 iii/5 iii also gain bit more battery life.
There was a debate on why the snapdragon 888 heats up and the 2 reasons most told was ''Samsung's manufacturing process'' and that the "GPU was overclocked to 800+ Mhz to excel in benchmark"
I reduced the GPU freq to 491 Mhz, I had top temp 45 Celsius, before it went past 50 Celsius . So in the end reduced a bit of CPU and GPU and got good battery life and way less hot.

First root phone.
Then install
Any settings from this application is temporary, as you restart the phone the frequency are back to default, only change maximum freq nothing else don't change the governors.
My settings:
CPU 1: Max freq = 998 Mhz
CPU 2: Max Freq = 1.2 Mhz
CPU 3: Max Freq = 1.3 Mhz
GPU : Max Freq = 419 Mhz

Try and post the experience and if any improvement (Mention with region model numbers)

:-Since rooted might want to try call recording , great app. Since native sony doesn't support call recording in many regions.

johndaniel

Sep 6, 2008
Sony Xperia 1 III
Tried your settings but after reboot it doesn't stick it reverts back to original settings
Yes it wont stick, untill you flash modified kernel it doesn't stick but if you dont reboot it wont go. Also after setting the frequency, wait for the phone to sleep once then temperature stays to a max and for me the battery life increased, without any performance degrade.

johndaniel

Sep 6, 2008
Sony Xperia 1 III
Try the application and if you dont like to keep the application you can remove it, still it keeps the frequency you set, till you restart the device. Main for heating up in phone is the GPU, as per what i learned, reducing its frequency itself , reduced heat a lot. Try and let know your SOT and heat temperature avg.