• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

BH39100 battery Review/Mugen case

Search This thread

iStatiK

Aug 13, 2010
Shelbytown
Battery : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006INN6R2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Battery life:
http://imgur.com/Goa35

I personally like the design of the original cover due to the fact that i could put my index fingers on the ridge and use my phone.

Mugen cover:
People have been asking where to buy these covers. There were 15 of these sold on ebay but the seller ran out. I ordered mine from Mugen and it only took about a week and a half to recieve it. Mugen is based in Hong Kong.. I emailed Mugen directly and a rep assisted my through ordering the cases.

Go here: https://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/mugen-power-battery-backdoor.html

Battery model is HLI-X710AXL
Oorder number is 483107

Ignore the Please Note section.

Heres the case:

http://imgur.com/Q86F2

The battery life is up to almost a day and 12 hours now.

This also needs to be moved to accessories.

Last edited:

-oH-mr_rogers

Feb 28, 2011
Houston
thank you for reviewing these extended battery cases.

i have bought the hyperion 1800mAh batteries a few months ago and they do a little better than the original battery, maybe an hour or two depending on the day but that is still significant improvement over what i was even getting (between 14-20 hours respectively).

RoGeRs

bestialbub

May 19, 2010
I'm not seeing a pin hole to the left of the camera lens on the mugen battery cover, but the holes so small i may not be seeing it in the picture.

does the mugen cover have a pinhole to the left of the camera lens for the front microphone?

thanks.

bestialbub

May 19, 2010
update: order went thru with confirmation of shipping from mugen/hongkong. 2-3 guestimation. looking forward to it.

thanks for the info.

i went ahead and ordered one, after mailing mugen thru the support site with a similar response as you. no mention of order #, but just used the one you posted and ordered. made sure to specify BLACK for the color, so hopefully i shouldn't get the gray ones folks mentioned. will post back in a week or 2 when i get it.

Last edited:

bestialbub

May 19, 2010
UPDATE: received. so, yeah, got it, it looks sleek when installed on the phone. I haven't seen the other battery covers yet, but the clips on the mugen seem to be the same cheap plastic like the other covers. i could actually tell looking at the clips on one side of my cover that they would likely break, as the poured molding for the clips actually extend/have a lip out side the cover (only one side/set of clips had this issue). broke one on first removal.

also, if you request black, the cover will be the same charcoal grey that your factory metal cover is. as i said, it looks very nice installed, but just as likely to break as the cheap covers (which is why they're available separately).

also note; the microphone hole for the camera is covered by the cover. i do have a dremel tool, so I can remedy this if need be. i've never used the camera or the front mic to date tho, so i probably won't.

i'll be ordering some batteries in the near future, so i'll take many pics and see about providing dimensions for the covers, so maybe some manufacturer can come up with a case cover for the phones w/ extended batteries like so many other phones/htc devices have.

Reactions: Metalshadowx2

Metalshadowx2

Oct 31, 2010
Scarborough
Im gonna be getting the Canadian/International version of this phone called the Raider and im into extended batteries cause I love having that extra juice. All you guys info has been helpful.

CelticsFan09

Feb 20, 2012
How did the cover that came with the BH39100 extended battery fit the phone?? Would be nice if i didnt have to buy the mugen cover on top of the battery.

iStatiK

Aug 13, 2010
Shelbytown
How did the cover that came with the BH39100 extended battery fit the phone?? Would be nice if i didnt have to buy the mugen cover on top of the battery.

I have it on my phone instead of the Mugen cover. It has a little ridge where i can put my fingers while texting. about a fingernail length of my finger fits on this ledge. I like this one better. Here's a pic of the back that came with : http://imgur.com/Yt9NL
Yt9NL

Last edited:
Reactions: Metalshadowx2

CelticsFan09

Feb 20, 2012
Looks good. I've heard that the cases that come with cheap batteries break easy though so I'm probably gonna buy a couple of the mugen covers.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Looks good. I've heard that the cases that come with cheap batteries break easy though so I'm probably gonna buy a couple of the mugen covers.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

I'm on my second mugen cover. Dropped the phone (from about 2 feet) and the little clips broked both on one side, and also had trouble taking them out. My first cover came with a crack on the right side but they sent me a replacement. Now I put clear tape to hold the cover, but I really have to figure out something else. Any plastic cover isn't strong enough to hold. I'm in the middle of something involving an atf (I think that's how it's called), the one with the leather on the back from att. Already cut it out, and having a pretty thick back, the battery comes out just a little, under 2 mm without a cover of course. I'll post pics later after I'm done.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
I put electric tape on the battery, couldn't find something thinner than that.

c6e4d81c-8236-4860.jpg

Edit: one more pic

c6e4d81c-837d-0e87.jpg

Last edited:

CelticsFan09

Feb 20, 2012
I'm on my second mugen cover. Dropped the phone (from about 2 feet) and the little clips broked both on one side, and also had trouble taking them out. My first cover came with a crack on the right side but they sent me a replacement. Now I put clear tape to hold the cover, but I really have to figure out something else. Any plastic cover isn't strong enough to hold. I'm in the middle of something involving an atf (I think that's how it's called), the one with the leather on the back from att. Already cut it out, and having a pretty thick back, the battery comes out just a little, under 2 mm without a cover of course. I'll post pics later after I'm done.

Did you order your covers from the company in Japan or did you get them off eBay?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA Premium

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
I bought the case with the mugen battery about 3 months ago off a seller, I forgot the name on Amazon. I paid a little less than 90 bucks. Again, the first one came broken, I guess it happened during shipping, but they sent me a replacement, both the battery and the cover.

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
How did you get that case around it?? You cut the back of the case out and taped the battery instead of putting the case on?

I cut the back of the case to match the battery, on the left side close to the edge but on the right side at about 1/8 in from it, because the battery is smaller there.
Then I scotchtaped the battery to the inside of the case, is needed only for the left side (the side with the camera), the right side sticks in the slot. So the battery comes out in with the case together on that side, but I guess you could also tape it to the phone, probably the same thing. Also put electric tape on the back where the leather came off to match the rest.

Last edited:

Metalshadowx2

Oct 31, 2010
Scarborough
I cut the back of the case to match the battery, on the left side close to the edge but on the right side at about 1/8 in from it, because the battery is smaller there.
Then I scotchtaped the battery to the inside of the case, is needed only for the left side (the side with the camera), the right side sticks in the slot. So the battery comes out in with the case together on that side, but I guess you could also tape it to the phone, probably the same thing. Also put electric tape on the back where the leather came off to match the rest.

That case that you have around the edges is nice. Thats not one that came with mugen cause I saw that one and its just as cheap as the others. oh well im gonna order my battery and put the case on and never take it off.

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
No, the case didn't come with the battery, I bought it from an AT$T store, the battery came only with the plastic cover. I'll give you a hint though, if you don't care for the mugen cover don't buy the battery from them. I know that I overpaid for it. You can buy a cheaper one for a fraction of that price because the performances are almost identical.

Metalshadowx2

Oct 31, 2010
Scarborough
No, the case didn't come with the battery, I bought it from an AT$T store, the battery came only with the plastic cover. I'll give you a hint though, if you don't care for the mugen cover don't buy the battery from them. I know that I overpaid for it. You can buy a cheaper one for a fraction of that price because the performances are almost identical.

Oh ok well I'll get the bumper case and the GTMAX battery. im doing that now. I rather tape my battery like you rather than relying on a case
I'll get the rubber case from the otter box and cut it.

Last edited:

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
Any suggestions on what I should do with a white vivid? I cant find any white extended back covers and IDK how bad the black will look on it.

Thinking about ordering this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07Y08T8104
Just trying to figure out how to make it look decent.

Could anyone link a white soft case I could cut out and make it work? Will any silicon case work?

Sent from my HTC Vivid.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006INN6R2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Battery life:
    http://imgur.com/Goa35

I personally like the design of the original cover due to the fact that i could put my index fingers on the ridge and use my phone.

Mugen cover:
    People have been asking where to buy these covers. There were 15 of these sold on ebay but the seller ran out. I ordered mine from Mugen and it only took about a week and a half to recieve it. Mugen is based in Hong Kong.. I emailed Mugen directly and a rep assisted my through ordering the cases.

Go here: https://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/mugen-power-battery-backdoor.html

Battery model is HLI-X710AXL
    Oorder number is 483107

Ignore the Please Note section.

Heres the case:

http://imgur.com/Q86F2

The battery life is up to almost a day and 12 hours now.

This also needs to be moved to accessories.
    UPDATE: received. so, yeah, got it, it looks sleek when installed on the phone. I haven't seen the other battery covers yet, but the clips on the mugen seem to be the same cheap plastic like the other covers. i could actually tell looking at the clips on one side of my cover that they would likely break, as the poured molding for the clips actually extend/have a lip out side the cover (only one side/set of clips had this issue). broke one on first removal.

also, if you request black, the cover will be the same charcoal grey that your factory metal cover is. as i said, it looks very nice installed, but just as likely to break as the cheap covers (which is why they're available separately).

also note; the microphone hole for the camera is covered by the cover. i do have a dremel tool, so I can remedy this if need be. i've never used the camera or the front mic to date tho, so i probably won't.

i'll be ordering some batteries in the near future, so i'll take many pics and see about providing dimensions for the covers, so maybe some manufacturer can come up with a case cover for the phones w/ extended batteries like so many other phones/htc devices have.

I have it on my phone instead of the Mugen cover. It has a little ridge where i can put my fingers while texting. about a fingernail length of my finger fits on this ledge. I like this one better. Here's a pic of the back that came with : http://imgur.com/Yt9NL
    Yt9NL