Big difference: With and without backcover!

Search This thread

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
Are you sure you were at the same distance?
And what about the focus point? It seems a bit different between the 2 pics.....

happyguy82

Jun 21, 2008
did you stick a 'lense protector' on the cover's lense screen? like if you stuck on a full body protector like invisibleSHIELD there'll be a piece for the lense cover too.

Or, did you forget to peel off the original one? :p

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
did you stick a 'lense protector' on the cover's lense screen? like if you stuck on a full body protector like invisibleSHIELD there'll be a piece for the lense cover too.

Or, did you forget to peel off the original one? :p

Haha, no i'm not that stupid :) Nothing "protection" is on.

P996

Aug 10, 2006
the "lens" that is part of the back cover is obviously not optically neutral. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Without the back cover, the Diamond takes decent pictures, still slow on focusing and shutter release(you should see the Samsung F480, this little fellow shoots pictures almost like a normal digital cam) but pretty good for a 3.2 MP cam.

WITH back cover however, the pictures look like crap to me. Sometimes it looks like if the pictures have been taken through light fog and I can clean the lens cover as much as I want(not easy, tiny little bastard), after some time, the lens gets dirty/whatever again. Horrible, HTC definetely needs to find a better solution.

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
look i didnt try it but i think if we remove it the camera quality will increase

the htc p3600 and the touch dual doesnt have mirror for camera

Yes, of course the quality will increase, when a cheap plastic cover is removed :) But hmm, my Diamond is 2 days old, and I don't want to already destroy a part of the cover :p

Aqrab

Dec 22, 2006
Dubai , UAE
Yes, of course the quality will increase, when a cheap plastic cover is removed :) But hmm, my Diamond is 2 days old, and I don't want to already destroy a part of the cover :p

the problem is man that
when we want to clean the mirror we cant clean it good from the outside :(
we need to clean it to get better quality

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
the problem is man that
when we want to clean the mirror we cant clean it good from the outside :(
we need to clean it to get better quality

But we can't clean the mirror everytime we just wanna take a picture. That's not a good way?

Last edited:

JanDaMan

Jun 17, 2008
London
But we can't clean the mirror everytime we just wanna take a picture. That's not a good way?

well ideally you should or you should remember not to put you fingers on the lens (not an easy task given the camera position i know) but lets be fair here, i mean its not as if you would take your stand alone digital camera, smear you greasy hands over the lens all day (+ let dust collect on it) and then expect it to take perfect pics...

be practical, if you remove the case screen for long you are gonna end up with scratches on the actual camera lens! and that's not easily replaceable now is it (not like the back cover...) lol

Last edited:

tomchap

Apr 20, 2006
www.mooedia.co.uk
What we need is a back cover with a piece of glass in place of the piece of plastic which covers the lense.

This seems like the only solution to me.

Its because the plastic isnt very durable, it does mist up the photos. If you look on coolsmartphone.com ive also took some pictures and they looked alot better without the back plastic cover on.

I just hope someone somewhere is reading this as i would pay for a back cover with glass instead of plastic lense cover.

The pictures are alot sharper and arent misty without the cover on.

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
What we need is a back cover with a piece of glass in place of the piece of plastic which covers the lense.

This seems like the only solution to me.

Its because the plastic isnt very durable, it does mist up the photos. If you look on coolsmartphone.com ive also took some pictures and they looked alot better without the back plastic cover on.

I just hope someone somewhere is reading this as i would pay for a back cover with glass instead of plastic lense cover.

The pictures are alot sharper and arent misty without the cover on.

Your right!

alpha-tester

Aug 8, 2008
London
white balance

Granted the backcover lens protector doesn't do justice to this phone. Adjusting the white balance does for improvement (say the lighhtbulb mode) I find. Again the camera does let this phone down, compared to others of similar spec. Can a software tweak solve the lag in motion when shooting in video mode at all? Is it as a 'simple' case as that I wonder!?

_4saken_

Jul 18, 2004
I just did some test shots with my xda diamond from germany and I honestly cant see a difference. can you tell which one is taken with the cover off?

Attachments

• IMAGE_007.jpg
    IMAGE_007.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAGE_008.jpg
    IMAGE_008.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 127
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android