Question Big issue, No Data during a call.

Search This thread

Evo400

May 19, 2022
So One thing I discovered on this new phone of mine is that although working perfectly there is a major flaw in the way Internet data works during a phone call.
Any time you make a call, the phone downgrades the active signal from 5G/4G to H or E ( GSM).
Which in turns cuts off the data.
If I force 5G or 4G, then the phone call cannot be made. It just disconnects.

I have tried all settings, Volte enable/disable with no joy.
Some have said it's a carrier limitation, but it's not, cause in my iPhone, the very same simcard works just fine and the Internet is usable during a call.

Also tried with dual Simcard setup. As in the settings, the phone allows to use one simcard for data and one for call. Still not working.

Can someone please tell me if there is a solution please, or can you try your phone while on the call to see if Internet works as this feature is detrimental to me keeping the phone. If this doesn't work I will be selling the phone and getting a realme replacement.. Xiaomis sometimes suck with their non existent support.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220706_153409.jpg
    IMG_20220706_153409.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220707_102340.jpg
    IMG_20220707_102340.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
So One thing I discovered on this new phone of mine is that although working perfectly there is a major flaw in the way Internet data works during a phone call.
Any time you make a call, the phone downgrades the active signal from 5G/4G to H or E ( GSM).
Which in turns cuts off the data.
If I force 5G or 4G, then the phone call cannot be made. It just disconnects.

I have tried all settings, Volte enable/disable with no joy.
Some have said it's a carrier limitation, but it's not, cause in my iPhone, the very same simcard works just fine and the Internet is usable during a call.

Also tried with dual Simcard setup. As in the settings, the phone allows to use one simcard for data and one for call. Still not working.

Can someone please tell me if there is a solution please, or can you try your phone while on the call to see if Internet works as this feature is detrimental to me keeping the phone. If this doesn't work I will be selling the phone and getting a realme replacement.. Xiaomis sometimes suck with their non existent support.
Thanks
This comes from the operator who has not yet communicated with Xiaomi.
Same case with 2 operators on the same phone.
What version of rom?

Evo400

May 19, 2022
This comes from the operator who has not yet communicated with Xiaomi.
Same case with 2 operators on the same phone.
What version of rom?
Global ROM 13.0.4

I can't see an operator fault if they have Volte services enabled and this simcard works flawlessly on other android systems.

As a matter of fact, any SimCard i have tried, so far 3 providers and the phone does the same thing. As soonest the call is made it downgrades the signal to H while full 5G or 4G is available??

Global ROM 13.0.4

I can't see an operator fault if they have Volte services enabled and this simcard works flawlessly on other android systems.

As a matter of fact, any SimCard i have tried, so far 3 providers and the phone does the same thing. As soonest the call is made it downgrades the signal to H while full 5G or 4G is available??
the operator must provide the necessary information for each brand and phone to activate Volte and Wowifi.
On my 11t pro everything works with SFR and nothing with FREE because Free has not yet transmitted the information necessary to activate the services.

Reactions: Evo400

Evo400

May 19, 2022
So went to see the operator. They sell Xiaomi phones. 3 network ( Three EU)

The phones in the stores are working just fine, no issues at all. And my phone simply just isnt.I have tried every possible setting and still not working.

See the screenshot below. As I'm typing this I'm on a super fast full signal 5G connection. As soon as I make a phone call, the phone will downgrade to E or H+ which is horrible. This network signal switching is also laggy, and If 2g signal is poor I cannot even make a call.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-12-13-57-12-321_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-12-13-57-12-321_com.android.chrome.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220712_135800.jpg
    IMG_20220712_135800.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 12

mici01

Jul 25, 2013
Rostock
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
So went to see the operator. They sell Xiaomi phones. 3 network ( Three EU)

The phones in the stores are working just fine, no issues at all. And my phone simply just isnt.I have tried every possible setting and still not working.

See the screenshot below. As I'm typing this I'm on a super fast full signal 5G connection. As soon as I make a phone call, the phone will downgrade to E or H+ which is horrible. This network signal switching is also laggy, and If 2g signal is poor I cannot even make a call.

Does the "Use VoLTE" switch appear in the SIM card settings?

If not you can try the Dialer Code *#*#869434#*#*. That only will make this switch appear, but sometimes this is enough. It should also show the little VoLTE-Badge next to the signal strength (see screenshot).

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_160519.jpg
    IMG_20220712_160519.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Evo400

May 19, 2022
I just had another look and on your 1st post it says the SIM is named "3 IRL", as far as I know Three Ireland does not offer VoLTE at all.

So it will always drop to 3G/H+ or 2G/E ... on every phone.
5G connection should support this naturally. If I put this simcard Into an iPhone or Galaxy the 5G connection stays on regardless.

Anyway even with Vodafone this doesn't work,so I'm thinking it either a phone limitation or a phone is fooked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Global ROM 13.0.4

the operator must provide the necessary information for each brand and phone to activate Volte and Wowifi.
    On my 11t pro everything works with SFR and nothing with FREE because Free has not yet transmitted the information necessary to activate the services.