Big Mystery! Desire has NO IMEI and i cannot it unlock :(

Search This thread

munkimatt

Aug 13, 2009
That is a clone, not official HTC.
Model number is wrong, serial is in wrong format, even the sticker under the battery is wrong.
I've never seen one that says Desire like that, and all have MAC, P/N, IMEI, S/N on the silver sticker part.
Also on the front, a strange logo, should say HTC
I would inform your 'customer' who 'found' the phone that it is a cheap clone.

Oh yeah, my sticker is totally different.

pr0orz1337

Jan 20, 2010
Let's forget this mysterious post.

MenInBlackFlash.gif

wocko1

Feb 1, 2009
Sydney
Mate, you already jumped the gun, he's already tried that *#*#INFO#*#*.

The whole thing is the bloody phone is a SOUTH KOREAN market model, and how the Koreans identify their phones, is they use a WHITELIST, where if the phone is not sold by a Korean telco, you cannot use a Korean SIM card in that phone. Korea disabled IMEI identification, plus they SIM locked, to try and prevent it from working overseas.

But, since *#*#INFO#*#* reveals the IMEI (I think, OP needs to tell me if it does), unlock the sucker, root it, put a new radio and rom on it, and the phone should work overseas.

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
How can you be 100% sure that this is not a clone if you only have the handset and it was 'found' by a customer?

The Korean networks may remove the imei number for ID, but if it's made by HTC then they would at least have their logo on the front. Not that odd looking design.

Can you post more pics of it so we can see and compare it to our originals?

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Good news for you mate, but you should edit your post now, since a lot of people might be trolling now.
And thanks to Kali- for the *#*#4636#*#* tips :D

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
Read the thread now :rolleyes:. CDMA phones don't have IMEIs but ESNs.

I suggest you read it again because you obviously didn't do a stellar job last time! ;)

It is a WCMDA phone - i.e. a standard GSM phone. That W makes a lot of difference!

I'm not sure why this thread is still active though considering the OP has already confirmed that *#*#INFO#*#* gives him the IMEI.

Regards,

Dave