General Big new features heading to Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 in Wear update

Search This thread

samorgs60

Jan 28, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
FYI from Google I/O:

Still doesn't fix the LTE overheating problem when weak signal. Continuously overheats and shuts down when not connected to WIFI or my phone, The whole idea of the LTE version is so I don't need to have my phone with me all the time when doing and activity, but due to to this keep losing my activities.
Still no google assistant (one of the reasons I got the GW4 expecting GA)
Still as far as I am concerned worse that my old original Galaxy Watch running Tizen.
This has got to be the worst smartwatch I have had, don't think I will be going with Samsung again, wait to see some reviews on Pixel Watch, or other brands when they release WearOS3 watches.

Reactions: captainpuppet

73sydney

Still doesn't fix the LTE overheating problem when weak signal. Continuously overheats and shuts down when not connected to WIFI or my phone, The whole idea of the LTE version is so I don't need to have my phone with me all the time when doing and activity, but due to to this keep losing my activities.
Still as far as I am concerned worse that my old original Galaxy Watch running Tizen.
This has got to be the worst smartwatch I have had, don't think I will be going with Samsung again, wait to see some reviews on Pixel Watch, or other brands when they release WearOS3 watches.

Just so you know, Google hasnt made a bug free bit of hardware ever. The best last least worse hardware was the Pixel 2XL, which i loved, but its battery had gotten old. So i bought a 4XL - skipping the 3, and avoiding the 5, both having known issues, and also avoiding the just released 6 (which people were reselling, or trying to, just 3 days after launch with issues). Got the 4XL, it had crippling battery issues, randomly shutting off, randomly rebooting and VoLTE wouldnt work. So they sent me a "refurbished phone", which i baulked at because it was new, but they they promised would be up to their "high standards".

Got the "new" "refurbished" 4XL and it was worse than the one id returned to them. When i called into Google an hour after i got the new lemon, they just repeated the same steps, they'd send me another "refurb" phone and promised again it would be up to their "high standards". I pointed out that i'd already heard that and so if their standards were so high why was the phone they just sent me worse than the one i'd sent in. I told them i wasnt prepared to play lucky dip and i'd like the original phone back so i could return it to the seller. they told me that wasnt possible as they couldnt track the original phone, i pointed out they could as they;'d issued an RMA number and surely thats entirely so it was trackable. several escalations and shoutings later i got it back, cashed out of Google after loving the 2XL for many years, and returned to somewhere id vowed never to go back to after i left them after they stopped making removal battery devices and i had a Note 4...Samsung. Yes i went back.

So just so you can temper your expectations of Google, theyre absolutely hopeless on hardware....like biblically bad, dishonest and bordering on scamming people when you have an issue.....trying to give them refurb devices for new ones....

samorgs60

Jan 28, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Just so you know, Google hasnt made a bug free bit of hardware ever. The best last least worse hardware was the Pixel 2XL, which i loved, but its battery had gotten old. So i bought a 4XL - skipping the 3, and avoiding the 5, both having known issues, and also avoiding the just released 6 (which people were reselling, or trying to, just 3 days after launch with issues). Got the 4XL, it had crippling battery issues, randomly shutting off, randomly rebooting and VoLTE wouldnt work. So they sent me a "refurbished phone", which i baulked at because it was new, but they they promised would be up to their "high standards".

Got the "new" "refurbished" 4XL and it was worse than the one id returned to them. When i called into Google an hour after i got the new lemon, they just repeated the same steps, they'd send me another "refurb" phone and promised again it would be up to their "high standards". I pointed out that i'd already heard that and so if their standards were so high why was the phone they just sent me worse than the one i'd sent in. I told them i wasnt prepared to play lucky dip and i'd like the original phone back so i could return it to the seller. they told me that wasnt possible as they couldnt track the original phone, i pointed out they could as they;'d issued an RMA number and surely thats entirely so it was trackable. several escalations and shoutings later i got it back, cashed out of Google after loving the 2XL for many years, and returned to somewhere id vowed never to go back to after i left them after they stopped making removal battery devices and i had a Note 4...Samsung. Yes i went back.

So just so you can temper your expectations of Google, theyre absolutely hopeless on hardware....like biblically bad, dishonest and bordering on scamming people when you have an issue.....trying to give them refurb devices for new ones....
Thanks, I am aware of Pixel issues, so thought may be the same with the Pixel watch when released, but will wait and check out a few reviews, otherwise will possibly wait for Fossil, or Ticwatch to release something with Wear OS3. I've had a Ticwatch before going to the original Galaxy Watch, and was happy enough with that, reviews i've read on the Ticwatch Pro have been pretty good as well.

I'll just bide my time and see what happens then decide which way to go.

Cheers

Reactions: 73sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI from Google I/O:

FYI from Google I/O:

Thanks, I am aware of Pixel issues, so thought may be the same with the Pixel watch when released, but will wait and check out a few reviews, otherwise will possibly wait for Fossil, or Ticwatch to release something with Wear OS3. I've had a Ticwatch before going to the original Galaxy Watch, and was happy enough with that, reviews i've read on the Ticwatch Pro have been pretty good as well.

I'll just bide my time and see what happens then decide which way to go.

Cheers