• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

BigBrains OS - I was not allowed to post inn development section

Search This thread

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013

Attachments

• iq-bell-curve.gif
    iq-bell-curve.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 329

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
Hi Kenzoers,
So why we've started this ROM? Well, it's a proven fact that "Unity is Strength". We may have some ideas which you don't like and if we add that into our ROM, you'll simply change the ROM. Right? Yes. So instead, all our users unitedly give us ideas, and you'll enjoy that in your next version. Isn't that COOL? Yes. So why are you waiting for? Give this ROM a try and give us your suggestions in BigBrains Touch, so that we could improve ourselves.
I'm a bit doubtful here , how can all users "unitedly" give you their feature requests ?All users can't have same feature requests !!!!
Let's say user A wants DUI+ substratum and user B only wants substratum support in rom, how will you cherry pick the features ? Will you build separate builds for all users ? (That's crazy ). So most probably you'll build DUI and substratum both in one ROM package ? Then third user might say he wants another feature ..So you'll cherry pick again and get a new ROM ? So by this way ... You'll essentially have to cherry pick all the features available right now !! And this ROM will become nothing but renamed Resurrection remix

Secondly .. let us assume that you build separate build for each user .. that'd require a very large infrastructure ! (If you have it then good .. but otherwise .... :confused:)

So at the end of the day .. user may get some features he didn't want in the ROM !! So what's the point ?

I'm a bit unclear about the purpose of this ROM .. please explain !!

Regards

PS: note that I'm not discouraging you .. I just didn't understand the purpose somehow.

Uvneshkumar

Feb 10, 2017
Chennai
I'm a bit doubtful here , how can all users "unitedly" give you their feature requests ?All users can't have same feature requests !!!!
Let's say user A wants DUI+ substratum and user B only wants substratum support in rom, how will you cherry pick the features ? Will you build separate builds for all users ? (That's crazy ). So most probably you'll build DUI and substratum both in one ROM package ? Then third user might say he wants another feature ..So you'll cherry pick again and get a new ROM ? So by this way ... You'll essentially have to cherry pick all the features available right now !! And this ROM will become nothing but renamed Resurrection remix

Secondly .. let us assume that you build separate build for each user .. that'd require a very large infrastructure ! (If you have it then good .. but otherwise .... :confused:)

So at the end of the day .. user may get some features he didn't want in the ROM !! So what's the point ?

I'm a bit unclear about the purpose of this ROM .. please explain !!

Regards

PS: note that I'm not discouraging you .. I just didn't understand the purpose somehow.

Well. The purpose of this ROM is to understand the needs of all users. Some users may like lineage os which don't have much customisation. Others may like resurrection remix which has a lot of customisations. So the main aim of this ROM is to understand what almost every people like in common. Maybe i think it's the customised version of Android like resurrection remix. And customisation of this ROM will not completely make it resurrection remixed one. May be some features apart from that. Just wait for the 2nd version to get the actual changes... ???

Reactions: mooms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCONTINUED

Hi Kenzoers,

I have a great pleasure in introducing a new Android OS to the world which is based on Lineage OS Source code and I thank Lineage team very much for the device tree, kernel and ofcourse the total Source code of it. We are starting rolling out this ROM only for Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo) - The SnapDragon Version as of now and soon it'll reach other popular devices as well. This ROM is named as BigBrains OS as this rom is build by BigBrains (That's us - Prast and Me. Well i'm Uvneshkumar and Prasat is my friend). Is this yet another ROM which has the features of almost any other custom ROMs? The answer is both yes and no. This ROM is almost nearly the same as that of the Lineage OS, but it has something apart from that. Well what's that? Have you ever thought of modifying something in android which you almost don't like? Or add an extra feature which you'ld love to have? May be most of you would've done the both. But how many of you have tried to implement that? Again ofcourse, many of you might have tried that also, but most of you might've failed and stopped working. Or some of you may not have enough resources to build a ROM. So why am I saying all this to you? Well, BigBrains OS is the solution to that. Sounds cool right. How? We've decided to develop BigBrains OS with the base source of Lineage OS and the idea of BigBrains OS's users. We code what you say into BigBrains OS and that'll reflect in the next update. And ofcourse this only happens if there is a good support for any new features.

We've added our own app into this ROM - BigBrains Touch - through which you can update your rom, and give us suggestions or even have funny chat with us. You'll have to check for updates manually and you will not be notified for any new update. We'll resolve this in the next update.

So why we've started this ROM? Well, it's a proven fact that "Unity is Strength". We may have some ideas which you don't like and if we add that into our ROM, you'll simply change the ROM. Right? Yes. So instead, all our users unitedly give us ideas, and you'll enjoy that in your next version. Isn't that COOL? Yes. So what are you waiting for? Give this ROM a try and give us your suggestions in BigBrains Touch app, so that we could improve ourselves.

You can find the ROM in this link. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=178249. So that's it guys. If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to message us here or mail us at [email protected] or [email protected]. We'll be eagerly waiting for your messages.

Stay tuned and help us get tuned.

Thank you all.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

Here is the rom link guys. Have fun. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195899548

You can personal message me on Telegram @ https://t.me/Uvneshkumar
    Sir, plz add 3 days battery backup and very good VoLTE icon bcoz Lineage os have no icon!!!
    Downloaded
    Tried
    Worst boot animation
    Same as lineage os
    Just replaced name of lineage os with bigbrains os
    Universal pixel mod works perfectly
    Google camera and chrome
    Just one question, what is special in this ROM and why we should use this ROM instead of lineage os and other custom ROMs?

Hit thanks button if I helped, here are some screen shots (universal pixel mod and nova launcher used) :-

Mr. Sarveshrulz... I'ld like to say something. First of all don't post screenshots after modifying the ROM. The rom was supposed to be having the stock green color, but you modded it blue - pixel style. That's fine. But atleast say something like you've modded it. Else others with have a wrong impression. And another thing. I haven't just changed the name. Apart from that i've done a lot. I've added an app called "BigBrainsTouch" through which you can receive OTA updates to your ROM and also you can have a direct chat with us, which I think is an awesome feature. You can give us suggestions that you want and we'll code that into our next version. And all the above, i've thanked LineageOS in my ROM where ever possible. In the contributors of about app in settings app, in the release page in android file host https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767159441. And any way this is almost the first try in my life to release a brand new ROM with some cool ideas and new features. So if you guys are not ready to support me that's fine. But please don't spread bad ideas about my ROM and discourage me. May be the feature which you don't like need not be the same for others which they may like. The boot animation which you said was like a warm welcome to you guys and you gave the worst feedback about that. Any way I apprciate that. I request you one thing. If you really have any cool ideas, or any bug correction or anything else related to our ROM, you can report us and we'll correct it. Alright. We should not fight with each other, instead help ourselves grow. So thanks for your open feedback. Kindly leave a message in our app so that others will know about this and we'll fix that asap. Thanks man. Have a great day. May be read the 1st post once again. It's my request.

Thanks and Regards,
    Uvneshkumar
    I think the avg IQ in this thread is like 25, which is ironic considering the project name lol.
    Mr. Sarveshrulz... I'ld like to say something. First of all don't post screenshots after modifying the ROM. The rom was supposed to be having the stock green color, but you modded it blue - pixel style. That's fine. But atleast say something like you've modded it. Else others with have a wrong impression. And another thing. I haven't just changed the name. Apart from that i've done a lot. I've added an app called "BigBrainsTouch" through which you can receive OTA updates to your ROM and also you can have a direct chat with us, which I think is an awesome feature. You can give us suggestions that you want and we'll code that into our next version. And all the above, i've thanked LineageOS in my ROM where ever possible. In the contributors of about app in settings app, in the release page in android file host https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767159441. And any way this is almost the first try in my life to release a brand new ROM with some cool ideas and new features. So if you guys are not ready to support me that's fine. But please don't spread bad ideas about my ROM and discourage me. May be the feature which you don't like need not be the same for others which they may like. The boot animation which you said was like a warm welcome to you guys and you gave the worst feedback about that. Any way I apprciate that. I request you one thing. If you really have any cool ideas, or any bug correction or anything else related to our ROM, you can report us and we'll correct it. Alright. We should not fight with each other, instead help ourselves grow. So thanks for your open feedback. Kindly leave a message in our app so that others will know about this and we'll fix that asap. Thanks man. Have a great day. May be read the 1st post once again. It's my request.

Thanks and Regards,
    Uvneshkumar[/QUOTyou Sorry bro, I appreciate your work and I mentioned that I used pixel mod. But thanks for correcting me I just wanna encourage you and sorry my mistake.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Sorry bro, my mistake and I mentioned in ss that I used pixel mod, I don't wanna discourage you. Hoping for best support for you and thanks for correcting me

No problem man. Since i'm a beginner, I want to learn a lot too. Let's learn together. ;);) Nice bootanimation getting ready. You can get the update around 23 or 24. Stay tuned.